Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: X 700 series 3point

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-11-2019 @ 02:37 AM
    Thanks

X 700 series 3point

Has anybody seen, done or figured a way to run the 3point separately from the mower lift? On a 2015 x750. Just curious?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ffford7.3; 02-25-2016 at 10:19 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:30 AM
    Thanks
    Since the X700 series is basically the same thing as my X585 I can comment a little bit on this.

The problem is that the hydraulic ram that lifts the deck and lifts the 3pt hitch are the same.

Now on the back of the machine there is what looks like a threaded rod with a spring pin through it. Circled in red below.

Now when I turn this I am pretty much turning it all the way in or out. I pretty much either want to lock out my 3pt hitch so that it stays up when I have my Heavy Hitch on and suitcase weights for ballast when using my FEL or plowing in the winter. This would also technically lock it out so that when I lower my mower deck, it stays up. Or I turn it the other way when I want to use the 3 pt hitch to pick up and move a trailer with the HH or if I dropped that and have the box grader on to fix our road.

I want to say that you can also use this same threaded rod to set is somewhere in between the full on and full off in order to limit the depth. For instance if running a tiller you might want to limit how far it lowers. I have never used it for this but I know I have to turn and turn this in order to go from full on to full off.

One area where I think my machine is a little different is that I have an early X585 and there is a Hydraulic Cylinder Lockout valve near the Selective Control Valve. It came standard on my machine and I think it was an optional feature on later X585 machines and other machines. This doesn't really apply to your question but you might want to consider adding one if you run front Hydraulics.

John Deere Hydraulic Cylinder Lock Out Valve - AM134625

The lock out when closed prevents the flow of fluid to the mower/3pt hitch cylinder so that they don't move when you are running the attachments on the front. In my case when I have my mower deck on the machine and the FEL, I can lock the mower deck in the up position. However if I am using my box grader and loader at the same time like when moving dirt and smoothing it out, I would have to take off my mower deck or raise it to the highest cutting setting.

However as far as a means to simply add a lockout to move one but not the other, it isn't really possible because it is the same cylinder. About your only option is to set movement limits like adjusting the height of cut as high as it will go or the threaded rod adjustment on the 3pt. Kind of a pain. It is one thing I don't like about the series but you have to move up to the bigger machines to get independent control of the 3pt but even on those machines it depends on how they are equipped.
    BigJim55, TJR345 and Ffford7.3 like this.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    05-14-2019 @ 07:05 AM
    Thanks
    The same cylinder is used for both functions. There are some work arounds I've seen like mentioned above. On my 318 I did the valve mod. It was $50 on EBAY. Made my blade work better, but the idea is the same for you. When I went shopping for a new tractor this is one of the main reasons I went with the 1-Series. Depending on what you have on the 3 point, you could lock it up and use a hyd top link to raise/lower something? Granted it wouldn't be much, but a back blade might work. You would need a diverter valve if you wanted to maintain your normal 2 circuits.

BigJim55, TJR345 and Ffford7.3 like this.
    Early 2012 1026R with H120 and 60" auto connect MMM

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    I was looking at mine last night... I'm not regretting my purchase, I wanted to stay in the weight range of the 750, but if I was to modify rock shaft and mount 2nd cylinder on right side of tractor and tie into mmm raise and lower side (with a lockout valve because I'm thinking of going with a hydro top link)... Any thoughts?

BigJim55 likes this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    05-14-2019 @ 07:05 AM
    Thanks
    I'm not sure I've ever seen one setup that way. It would sure generate some buzz on the internet for sure.

Early 2012 1026R with H120 and 60" auto connect MMM

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    08-22-2019 @ 03:44 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffford7.3 View Post
    Has anybody seen, done or figured a way to run the 3point separately from the mower lift? On a 2015 x750. Just curious?

Ffford7.3,

I too was frustrated with the MMM and 3PH not independent from each other and found it a PITA to open and close the lockout valve each time I wanted to use the 3PH.

So I have separated my 3PH from my MMM on my 2012 X748 by adding another cylinder and SCV. In total I added 3 additional spools on top of the 2 that come with the tractor for an H5 setup. The column mounted levers control the MMM and an AUX port that have at the rear of the tractor. I also installed a joystick and mounted it in the cup holder and it controls the front implements (loader, blower, blade) and then a separate lever for the 3PH.

Full info on what I did is in another forum and the link to the build can be found here -> 2012 X748 H5 Project or http://www.mytractorforum.com/12-joh...5-project.html

A video that shows the H5 functionality can be found here -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJSQ2QAtoAM

You also mentioned adding a hydro top link which I have also done. I use the AUX port for this. A video of it in action can be found here -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9STJtnnUsg

Roger
    Last edited by X748SE; 02-29-2016 at 07:52 PM.

Roger

Current Machine: 2012 X748SE, 60" 7-Iron Deck, 45 Loader, 54" Blower, Curtis Hard Cab
    Former Machines: JD 140 H3, JD 345,
    Ford 1710, Ferguson 2085
    YouTube Channel: --> X748SE

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    The link for the project didn't work... So in reality, I could add another cylinder like the mower lift and just plum it to the scv? A loader is not on my list...as I would probably move up to a 2 family for that...but the lever beside the seat is a nice touch!!

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    08-22-2019 @ 03:44 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffford7.3 View Post
    The link for the project didn't work... So in reality, I could add another cylinder like the mower lift and just plum it to the scv? A loader is not on my list...as I would probably move up to a 2 family for that...but the lever beside the seat is a nice touch!!

I don't know what's wrong with the link as it works for me. I've added the actual link to the web page. Hopefully this will work for you.

That right. You will need an additional cylinder and another single spool SCV. The second (new) SCV will need to be in series with the JD SCV.

Roger

Roger

Current Machine: 2012 X748SE, 60" 7-Iron Deck, 45 Loader, 54" Blower, Curtis Hard Cab
    Former Machines: JD 140 H3, JD 345,
    Ford 1710, Ferguson 2085
    YouTube Channel: --> X748SE

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    I just did some browsing on the thread... As I have just bought the tractor here is my plan... Get another deck lift cylinder and use the fittings that would be used for the blade up and down, for sake of cost, and run two lines to the rear ( for top link) and plug it in the same, leave the deck height in highest setting or do a lock out... I think I'm on the right track simple and functional as a front blade may be a future purchase, but at that point a 4-5 may be inevitable... I'm sitting on my machine right now and thinking bout the endless possibilities.... My thought process is if I ever really need a loader I haul a lot of equipment for the local cat dealer and got 10 friends within 5 miles with excavators and big back hoes and even a 40k wheel loader across the Rd a ways I doubt if the need shall arise I've got it covered...

I'm all excited now, just gotta find some parts and get my prices to the bank ..(wife) she keeps me from being flat broke and she has the joy of having 3 children...2 yr old daughter, 3 yr old son, and me! She loves and hates trips to tractor supply CO and limits the trips to agrisupply CO as much as possible!! Lol

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:30 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by X748SE View Post
    I don't know what's wrong with the link as it works for me. I've added the actual link to the web page. Hopefully this will work for you.

That right. You will need an additional cylinder and another single spool SCV. The second (new) SCV will need to be in series with the JD SCV.

Roger
    The link worked for me. I will have to sit down and read that when I have a bit more time. It looks pretty interesting. Any reason you did the joystick on the right side vs left? I ask because with the X585 I have my 4wd lever on the right fender and if I put something like that in the same location you used, I wouldn't have a place for my beer.

I guess most of the other machines out there have it on the right side so it is normal. In my case I think there might be a conflict with the linkage for the 4wd.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast