• 1 Post By T-Mo

Thread: Parts and Service manuals?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-04-2016 @ 12:23 PM
    Thanks

Parts and Service manuals?

Hello All;

I'm new to the forum and new to John Deere.

I just picked up a used X324 with Power Flow bagger. I'm VERY impressed with the mower but, I must admit that I have quickly become frustrated with navigating JD's website.

Does anyone have links (or pdfs they can send me) for parts and service manuals?

Thanks,
    Tyler

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:29 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,059 Times in 2,224 Posts
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

4. The Following User Says Thank You to coaltrain For This Useful Post:

Hooverville (03-22-2016)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:00 PM
    Thanks
    The parts site is very easy to navigate,what are you looking for.
    Tom

2019 X590 with power mulch control and PF bagger
    30" mechanical tiller
    02 X595 with 62" deck,front thatcher and powerflow PTO kit
    3pt hitch with Heavy Hitch 45 JD loader
    12 JD suitcase weights
    JD/Brinly 3pt plow
    Frontier SS1036 3pt pto spreader
    (2) JS63C walk behind mowers
    TS 105 JD weed wacker
    tow behind 15 gal. sprayer
    Turftime 60" lawn roller
    Turftime 54" 3pt core aerator

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:52 AM
    Thanks
    You have to buy both the Parts Catalog and the Service Manual here: https://techpubs.deere.com/PreferencePage.aspx Or you can go to your dealer and order each. You can also use JD Parts to access their online parts catalogs: http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/c...omePageServlet You can register with JD Parts to see your dealer's inventory and prices of parts here: https://jdparts.deere.com/servlet/co...nRMLDQSSmn0p1_

You can not get online manuals as Deere copyrights their manuals and they will protect those copyrights by their legal department.
    TJR345 likes this.
    Without ice cream, there will be darkness and chaos!
    Olympian Don Kardong

1965 110s, 1966 110, 1967 112, 2001 LT150, 2003 GT245, 2004 GX345, 2006 X320

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:28 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,487 Times in 1,396 Posts
    Buying a Technical Service manual for your tractor is one of the smartest investments you can make. Often, you can buy the "book" version of the Technical Service manual on Ebay as well as the CD rom of the same. These are likely used, but as long as they are the official version, who cares?

Just know that it will likely cover several models including yours, just read the description carefully. The technical service manual if the same one the dealers reference for their repair guidance so it is very detailed with wiring schematics, etc.

Also, joining GTT is a wise move and that doesn't even cost anything.

Welcome to the GTT Forum. If you need help with a specific parts area just ask as there are many who are very proficient with finding parts numbers and diagrams for your use.
    Last edited by SulleyBear; 03-21-2016 at 04:56 PM. Reason: added content

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Hey guys!

Thanks for all the very prompt and helpful replies, this seems like a really good bunch of folks to be involved with!

I guess the JD parts site take some getting used to because I'm still having a pretty hard time with it. I do a lot of tinkering with motorbikes and outboard motors so I look up a lot of parts online and the JD site has been the hardest for me to learn.

As far as the manuals go, I guess I was sort of hoping that one of you fine people would have a pdf that you could send me. While doing some preliminary searches on this site I saw where that sort of thing had happened a few times and was hoping I'd get lucky.

Cheers,
    Tyler

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:52 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooverville View Post
    Hey guys!

Thanks for all the very prompt and helpful replies, this seems like a really good bunch of folks to be involved with!

I guess the JD parts site take some getting used to because I'm still having a pretty hard time with it. I do a lot of tinkering with motorbikes and outboard motors so I look up a lot of parts online and the JD site has been the hardest for me to learn.

As far as the manuals go, I guess I was sort of hoping that one of you fine people would have a pdf that you could send me. While doing some preliminary searches on this site I saw where that sort of thing had happened a few times and was hoping I'd get lucky.

Cheers,
    Tyler
    See if this helps navigating JD Parts: http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...-jd-parts.html
    Without ice cream, there will be darkness and chaos!
    Olympian Don Kardong

1965 110s, 1966 110, 1967 112, 2001 LT150, 2003 GT245, 2004 GX345, 2006 X320

11. The Following User Says Thank You to T-Mo For This Useful Post:

Hooverville (03-22-2016)

12. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:57 PM
    Thanks
    Hooverville,

I own a 2007 X304 and it is one of the models covered in the TM2308 Service Manual along with your X324...the title of that volume is "John Deere Select Series tractors x300 series" and is 452 pages long and takes 60 MB on disc for the PDF version. The investment is well worth it in my opinion as like most members here I buy this quality equipment for a long term use -- even a small dedicated mower like my X304. I also have the original owners manual that came with my tractor new, but you can read these manuals on later Deere equipment on-line as seen in posts above. That manual number is OMM153411 and here is a link to an on-line version:
    OMM153411_K5

Hope this helps -- and ask any specific questions you have, folks here are knowledgeable and friendly.

Chuck

13. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    T-Mo & Chuck;
    Thanks for your replies and help - much appreciated!

Chuck;
    I actually found that link to the OM yesterday afternoon and was surprised that I couldn't easily download, print it and put it in a binder. I think the more modern websites have spoiled me. I see you're also in the PNW. My family has deep roots in Whatcom and Skagit counties but I'm in the greater Seattle area now.

Cheers,
    Tyler

14. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:57 PM
    Thanks
    Tyler,

I have saved the link to the OM on my computer in my model specific folder (yes it shares with many other like files for multiple machines) but I have also been able to print out any single topic section to take out to the shop and keep all the electrons grease and grime free...

Chuck

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Chuckv For This Useful Post:

Hooverville (03-22-2016)

16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements