Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: X750 Deck Shutting Off

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    05-08-2016 @ 09:05 AM
    Thanks

X750 Deck Shutting Off

Just purchased a 2015 x750 with powerflow and 19 bushel cart. The first few times using were for short periods. The last time we ran it was for a couple of hours in a sitting. During that time the deck disengaged 5-6 times. What we noticed the last couple of times was that the temp gauge was at the white line before you go over to 'H' - so it is running hot. Does this mower have a sensor that turns deck off to keep from overheating kind of like a newer diesel truck would? We only have 5 hours on it. The coolant level is good and radiator is clean. The dealer did come pick it up. I am just trying to learn.
    Thanks

We have the 60" HC deck
    Last edited by SandR; 03-26-2016 at 07:37 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    08-22-2019 @ 03:44 PM
    Thanks
    SandR,

I believe that the transaxle has a temp sensor in it and will shut down the PTO (thus your mower) when the transmission fluid gets too hot.

Just a suggestion, check your transmission fluid level and see if it is low and also the area in front of the transmission oil cooler and see if it has any debris in front of it.
    etcallhome, BigJim55 and TJR345 like this.

Roger

Current Machine: 2012 X748SE, 60" 7-Iron Deck, 45 Loader, 54" Blower, Curtis Hard Cab
    Former Machines: JD 140 H3, JD 345,
    Ford 1710, Ferguson 2085
    YouTube Channel: --> X748SE

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:40 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,438 Times in 1,567 Posts
    Sounds like temp sensor is shutting the engine down.. or a loose wire. Daughters FIL x585 his temp gauge would go clear over on Red but it would keep running. After close to $500 he just found out it was a bad dash.

Guessing should be a easy and quick fix.,,,,hope so .

BigJim55 and TJR345 like this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:12 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by etcallhome View Post
    Sounds like temp sensor is shutting the engine down.. or a loose wire. Daughters FIL x585 his temp gauge would go clear over on Red but it would keep running. After close to $500 he just found out it was a bad dash.

Guessing should be a easy and quick fix.,,,,hope so .

Mine does the same but the PTO keeps running. However it is possible that a newer machine has a temp safety that is cutting it out. In the case of the X585 it is a dash issue not a sensor reading so that might why the PTO keeps going.

I had the reverse sensor fail on mine as well. So the PTO would assume I was backing and cut out. I just bypassed the reverse switch since I hated having to hold the PTO switch up while backing anyhow. This was many years ago though so I don't recall the exact symptom. I would say it was different. It either would not engage at all or would cut out as soon as I released the PTO switch. Either way different than the OP.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    etcallhome and BigJim55 like this.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    04-28-2019 @ 09:19 PM
    Thanks
    My x758 does the same thing when the temps are over 80 degrees out, it will shut the pto down in as little as 15 minutes sometimes, and it has been in several times for it. They've changed the sensor and water pump. They also tried a different filter screen. I don't know if mine got fixed the last time they had it last fall, because by the time I got it back we didn't have any hot weather left when I needed to mow, so it will be late June or July when I can see if it's fixed or not. Not all of them have this problem since my coworker also has an x758 (purchased about the same time as mine) and his doesn't do it like mine does. But it is a safety feature to let you know to clean the radiator screen off. I wish they also had a warning light or something on the dash, instead of having to figure out why the heck the pto all the sudden shut off.
    eepete and BigJim55 like this.
    2007 4120 hydro w/400cx loader w/73" hd bucket and forks, 448 backhoe, MX-6 brush cutter, 673 tiller, Woods/Gannon 72" rollover boxscraper, 72" Land Pride rear blade with tilt
    2013 758 w/60" HC mower deck w/14 bushel power flow and Jamison Bryce click and go storage cart

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCSS View Post
    My x758 does the same thing when the temps are over 80 degrees out, it will shut the pto down in as little as 15 minutes sometimes, and it has been in several times for it. They've changed the sensor and water pump. They also tried a different filter screen. I don't know if mine got fixed the last time they had it last fall, because by the time I got it back we didn't have any hot weather left when I needed to mow, so it will be late June or July when I can see if it's fixed or not. Not all of them have this problem since my coworker also has an x758 (purchased about the same time as mine) and his doesn't do it like mine does. But it is a safety feature to let you know to clean the radiator screen off. I wish they also had a warning light or something on the dash, instead of having to figure out why the heck the pto all the sudden shut off.
    Daughters FIL just told me he is trading in his x585 11 yrs old for a new x738 .. Man I hope his doesn't do this when temps are over 80° may never get yard mowed.

The first summer his was in the garage about every other week for gas gauge not working correctly. He finally gave up , just fill the tractor before leaving the garage to mow. One minute shows 3/4 tank drive it on level for 15-25' may show empty or full. No rhyme or reason.

The driver told him the other day when they picked up the x585 , Deere was having way more trouble with new x7?? series than the older x4 and x5?? series. Guess time will tell.
    BigJim55 and TJR345 like this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    X738 is gas and I have a diesel. My coworkers x758 hasn't had a problem, I think mine may be fixed with the new water pump, but won't know for a few more months.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    2007 4120 hydro w/400cx loader w/73" hd bucket and forks, 448 backhoe, MX-6 brush cutter, 673 tiller, Woods/Gannon 72" rollover boxscraper, 72" Land Pride rear blade with tilt
    2013 758 w/60" HC mower deck w/14 bushel power flow and Jamison Bryce click and go storage cart

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCSS View Post
    X738 is gas and I have a diesel. My coworkers x758 hasn't had a problem, I think mine may be fixed with the new water pump, but won't know for a few more months.
    Earlier someone mentioned about cleaning the filter in front of the radiator. Since the owner mowed with it for over 6 yrs , he learned to cleaned the screen on the x585 every mowing. I still do the same thing, and after 4-6 times of mowing will take garden hose and spray water through the radiator. If not after mowing till end of season the mower would start overheating didn't matter if outside temps were in the 70 or 90+°
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    I blow mine out and off after every use with my air compressor, so it isn't an issue of the radiator or screen being clogged. Also the dealer has agreed with me that mine has an out of the ordinary problem.
    BigJim55 likes this.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    05-08-2016 @ 09:05 AM
    Thanks
    The last time it shut off we left it alone until dealer picked it up. When they picked it up I pulled the screen and showed him there was very little material on it as well as a very clean radiator. It has 5 hours on it. JD claims the intake will bring in the best quality air where it is located. With the amount of electronics today I can believe a bad sensor. The problem will then duplicating the problem at the shop. They will get their chance to fix it. I will keep you posted on findings/fixings. Thanks
    etcallhome, BigJim55 and Jeff B like this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast