325 electrical issues help!!

Thread: 325 electrical issues help!!

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    04-10-2016 @ 05:39 PM
    Thanks

325 electrical issues help!!

My father-in-law gave me his 325 lawn tractor cause he couldn't get it to start. Well I was able to get the mower to start by jumping the fuel shut off directly to the battery, just to see if it would run. I checked for voltage on wire that connects to the fuel shut off while key is on and it has no voltage. Also while I had mower running for a min, the PTO clutch would not engage either. To turn the mower off, I had to disconnect the 12 volt lead I used to bypass the electrical system on the fuel shut off. Any ideas on the issue that's causing the no voltage to the fuel shut off?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:33 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Farris325 View Post
    My father-in-law gave me his 325 lawn tractor cause he couldn't get it to start. Well I was able to get the mower to start by jumping the fuel shut off directly to the battery, just to see if it would run. I checked for voltage on wire that connects to the fuel shut off while key is on and it has no voltage. Also while I had mower running for a min, the PTO clutch would not engage either. To turn the mower off, I had to disconnect the 12 volt lead I used to bypass the electrical system on the fuel shut off. Any ideas on the issue that's causing the no voltage to the fuel shut off?
    I would start with fuses,safety switches and any loose grounds.The pto wouldn't work unless you were sitting on the seat.
    Tom

2019 X590 with power mulch control and PF bagger
    30" mechanical tiller
    02 X595 with 62" deck,front thatcher and powerflow PTO kit
    3pt hitch with Heavy Hitch 45 JD loader
    12 JD suitcase weights
    JD/Brinly 3pt plow
    Frontier SS1036 3pt pto spreader
    (2) JS63C walk behind mowers
    TS 105 JD weed wacker
    tow behind 15 gal. sprayer
    Turftime 60" lawn roller
    Turftime 54" 3pt core aerator

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    04-10-2016 @ 05:39 PM
    Thanks
    I checked the two fuses on the key ignition module. I was seating in the seat when I tried the PTO. I traced the wire for the fuel shut off back to the module and checked for voltage on the module while key was on but no voltage. I haven't tried checking voltage going to the PTO yet. I believe the module is bad but instead of buying a new one, I'm going to replace the relay that's on the module and try that.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    10-23-2017 @ 11:13 AM
    Thanks

Same issues for a GX325

I have a GX325 with very similar issues. No voltage to fuel cutoff, pto doesn't engage, seat safety switch not working and ignition key off position not working either. I start it by replacing the fuel cutoff with an 8MM screw and shut it off by removing the spark plug wires. I think there is a sequence of events here so if we solve the first one the rest will fall into line. I checked & cleaned my fuses and grounding harness with no change. Hoping for more ideas!

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by votsky View Post
    I have a GX325 with very similar issues. No voltage to fuel cutoff, pto doesn't engage, seat safety switch not working and ignition key off position not working either. I start it by replacing the fuel cutoff with an 8MM screw and shut it off by removing the spark plug wires. I think there is a sequence of events here so if we solve the first one the rest will fall into line. I checked & cleaned my fuses and grounding harness with no change. Hoping for more ideas!
    I believe I may have found the problem. Took advice to step back and look at one circuit at a time and found this on the back of the pcb:

Click image for larger version.

Name:	pcb_closeup.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	362081

Here is what it is supposed to look like, that broken circuit from above connects two blue arrows of which the one on the right is the fuel solenoid:
    Click image for larger version.

Name:	pcb_new.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	362089

I will either solder a wire across the gap or connect the two blue arrows with an insulated wire. Wish me luck.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:14 PM
    Thanks
    That will probably get it going, but you will need to find out why it drew so much current to burn the trace off. Check find bad diodes/resistors on the board. Also check the fuel solenoid, especially the current draw.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Soldering a wire across the board did the trick, all systems go!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4657_1494308638376.JPG

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements