Green Tractor Talk banner

new 2520

4K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  eepete 
#1 ·
Well it's finally my turn to say it's here!

I bought a John Deere hat and might have paid way too much,
but the good news is they threw in a new 2520 with it :good2:.

It arrived yesterday after waiting 9 weeks and a few days for delivery. It was one of those days busy from sun up to after dark .

The dealer experience was pretty darn good. They called me down to the dealer Monday to slowly go over the tractor operation from stem to stern. All questions answered every control explained. It took 1 hour 45 minutes.
I was very surprised to hear the dealer say "we put all the tractors on a DYNO" I beleive he said for 30 minutes to verify everything is running ok and to check for leaks.

It arrived in the nick of time as the town has been ditching the road and argreed to dump it in my yard. So right away after testing the mower deck I took it off and started playing in the dirt.

It's quite a learning curve for me being my first tractor (compact), but I figure moving all the dirt will be great experience.

I'm going slow with my bucket down low, rops up and seat belt on!

Last evening we met with the genteleman who had sold me the used #46 backhoe and who had argreed to swap out the (crazy expensive)rear support bracket when mine tractor finally arrived.

All I need now is some spare time to add a little more touch up paint and replaces two backhoe hoses and the backhoe will be ready for prime time.

Had to temporarily stop my all important "honey do" project to work on the dirt piling up. At least i'm not shoveling :yahoo:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Yup, she's a beauty. :thumbup1gif: You'll have to share all the mods with us you know? I can see the first one already, a tooth bar for that dirt work.

#4 ·
You're gonna love that machine!

I know you're from a small town, but how about updating your profile to show at least the state or area you're in. That will help us help you, since so so many tractor things vary from region to region.

Pete

#5 ·
Congrats. That a great feeling when they deliver your tractor. Good luck and enjoy. One thing that makes that hat so expensive is all that embroidering.:laugh:

#13 ·
eepete thanks for reminding me to update my profile.

Thanks guys. I am enjoying it so far moving (ditching) for two days so far. I am getting better at filling up the bucket :mocking:

#14 ·
Glad you're stuff done and having fun! I've got a brother in Brownfield, ME., another small town for sure!

Pete

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.