Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Rock Shaft Lever Froze

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    02-07-2019 @ 01:52 PM
    Thanks

Rock Shaft Lever Froze

I started my 2032R yesterday to move it and the rock shaft lever did not feel right. I raised the lever to pick up the grader blade I had on there and it only moved a small amount, then I lowered it to raise it again and it would not raise. I pulled the seat and the cover pan and I could see the lever was just bending and the shaft that comes out of the trans seems to be frozen. According to the shop manual this shaft has an eccentric pin that moves a small plate. It does not seem that this should move hard. When I try moving the rock shaft lever it just bends (it springs back). Any Thoughts?
    Nick
    2016-2032R H130 Loader, 54" snowblower, 72" MMM, Quick hitch, 7' grader blade, 8' York rake with casters,
    5' Ford 60I brush cutter

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:30 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,158 Times in 3,059 Posts
    I've had linkage connections rust up and lock the control.

Click image for larger version.†

Name:	0002897774____________A2.jpg†
Views:	8†
Size:	86.4 KB†
ID:	670862
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:32 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,196 Times in 2,346 Posts
    Frozen? As in ice involved in Michigan?

Possible some moisture get in there from condensation. First thing I would do is get the tractor warmed up - that is if it isnít kept in a heated area....
    IndianaJim likes this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:44 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,303 Posts
    You have a Gen-1 2032R, correct? How often do you use the 3PH? Did you raise and lower it the last time you used the tractor?

If so, it is hard to imagine it would rust up that quick. Like the previous poster suggested I would try to get it warmed up. You can also spray some penetrating oil on the linkage.

I'm assuming the drag adjusting screw didn't get tight?
    Gizmo2 likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Okay, this is weird. I have a 2720 (same as Gen-1 2032R). I just went down to garage for something and noticed I had left my rear blade in the raised position when I plowed snow last weekend.

When I pushed the level forward to lower the blade it didn't want to move (the engine is not running). It seemed unusually stiff. I have never had an issue with my rock shaft lever.

So I gave it a shot of Fluid Film where the main shaft enters the top cover and where the tension screw rides back and forth and after a little bit of wiggling it really freed things up. Now the lever moves freely back and forth. Weird, eh?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2720_3PH.jpg
    Last edited by jgayman; 02-07-2019 at 11:04 AM.
    Gizmo2 and coaltrain like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:32 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,196 Times in 2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    Okay, this is weird. I have a 2720 (same as Gen-1 2032R). I just went down to garage for something and noticed I had left my rear blade in the raised position when I plowed snow last weekend.

When I pushed the level forward to lower the blade it didn't want to move (the engine is not running). It seemed unusually stiff. I have never had an issue with my rock shaft lever.

So I gave it a shot of Fluid Film where the main shaft enters the top cover and where the tension screw rides back and forth and after a little bit of wiggling it really freed things up. Now the lever moves freely back and forth. Weird, eh?
    Yeah - kind of creepy......

Iím not brave enough to try mine until the inside of my barn gets above freezing....mine is left in the up position but all I have on it is the iMatch right now.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    02-07-2019 @ 01:52 PM
    Thanks

The picture is the same as mine. The lever figure 2 is actually twisting when I try to pull it up. I unbolted it and the short lever (figure 5) refuses to move and you can see the paint on the part has come off where it was flexing. I checked the bolt and belleville washers are free to slide in the slot. The shaft appears to be stuck. It was parked in the garage (to be ready to plow snow) but I'm sure it was near zero. It appears that the offset pin shaft moves the cam plate but I cannot tell what it moves inside the lift arm housing.I will try to warm it up.
    Gizmo2 likes this.
    Nick
    2016-2032R H130 Loader, 54" snowblower, 72" MMM, Quick hitch, 7' grader blade, 8' York rake with casters,
    5' Ford 60I brush cutter

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Today @ 12:21 PM
    Thanks

My Gen 1 2032R has had the same problem for the last year or so. If I leave it long enough it gets sticky. So now every time I walk past it I move the lever a bit just to keep it free. Come spring I'm going to pull it apart, clean everything up and hit it with lots of dry lube.

I didn't have any issues until I was forced to leave it parked outside for a month and it got rained on several times.
    Gizmo2 and 2032Ranger like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JimR For This Useful Post:

2032Ranger†(02-08-2019)

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    My Gen 1 2032R has had the same problem for the last year or so. If I leave it long enough it gets sticky. So now every time I walk past it I move the lever a bit just to keep it free. Come spring I'm going to pull it apart, clean everything up and hit it with lots of dry lube.

I didn't have any issues until I was forced to leave it parked outside for a month and it got rained on several times.
    What's odd is that I normally leave it parked for long periods with the 3PH lever all the way forward and have never experienced an issue. But this time I parked it with the 3PH lever all the way back (3PH raised) and it got a little sticky on me.

I'm not sure if dry lube will be able to penetrate into the shaft housing the same way that penetrating oil would.
    Gizmo2 likes this.

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:13 PM
    Thanks
    Gizmo2 likes this.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast