Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Looking to buy a 2019 2038R

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    11-27-2019 @ 01:24 PM
    Thanks

Looking to buy a 2019 2038R

I'm planning to order a 2038R. None of the dealers within 4 hours has one in stock. Are there any options that I should order for it? When I say options, I'm talking about accessories, options, etc., not implements.

Also, what type of emissions does the 2038R have on it? I assume there isn't DEF, right?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Big
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:46 PM
    Thanks
    No DEF needed. But it does have a DPF. It's a little too early to see if any of the new 2 series with DPF's are going to be problematic but with DPF's being widely used in machinery I doubt it will be an issue.(Fingers Crossed).

For options I would definitely get the dual rear scv's for at least a hydraulic top link, and a side link if needed. Also get an I-Match rear 3point hitch. Makes hooking up with implements a breeze. Single point loader hydraulic hook up would be a good option if you plan on taking on/off the loader frequently, but if not it's a pricey addition. I love my R3+ Radial tires but tires are dependent on what you'll be doing with the tractor.
    -2017 2032R, 220r Loader, I-Match, Ken's Extended Top Hook, MMM, JD Ballast Box, Dual rear SCV's, Single Point Hydraulic Connection, Landscape Rake, Tarter Tiller, Boom Pole, Middle Buster/Potato Plow, Drag Harrow, Single Row Hipper, 5' Enorossi sickle bar, 3 point spike drag, Titan 42" Forks, 60" Box Blade, Landpride 3 point spreader, Leinbach 5' Disc.

-Bobcat 325G Mini Ex
    -Toro Dingo 322 with many attachments
    -Honda Pioneer 700

4. Top | #3
    glc
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Thanks
    Greg from western pa

2009 2520
    FEL/61" HD bucket/replaceable cutting edge
    62D2 MMM
    IMatch Quick Hitch
    A "REAL" snow blade ---- JD 380A modded to fit
    Homemade 3PT Receiver
    Homemade Ballast Box
    Woods GB65 Box Blade

2019 JOHN DEERE X390 with 48" ACCEL DEEP DECK

MY 2520 SE SEAT MOD:

https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...d-for-the-2520

MY BALLAST BOX
    https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...llast-box.html

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 11:00 AM
    Thanks
    I have a 2032R. When we bought, we thought we would never use the mid mount mower, now we are going back for that. I also wish I had rear hydraulics for a top and tilt kit, I will most likely be going back for that as well, at minimum to run a hydraulic top link.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    No DEF needed. But it does have a DPF. It's a little too early to see if any of the new 2 series with DPF's are going to be problematic but with DPF's being widely used in machinery I doubt it will be an issue.(Fingers Crossed).
    Good info, thank you!

For options I would definitely get the dual rear scv's for at least a hydraulic top link, and a side link if needed.
    I've never had a tractor before, so some of this stuff is over my head. I would need a SCV to run a log splitter and post hole digger, right? Does each SCV have two hose connections?

Also get an I-Match rear 3point hitch. Makes hooking up with implements a breeze.
    That's on my list.

Single point loader hydraulic hook up would be a good option if you plan on taking on/off the loader frequently, but if not it's a pricey addition.
    Oh, okay... I thought that came standard with the new 2038R

I love my R3+ Radial tires but tires are dependent on what you'll be doing with the tractor.
    Yes, those were added to my list. I saw the R3 Radials on a YouTube video and really liked the hybrid tread design which should work well for my property and usage.

Here are other options that I came across:

Air-Ride Seat Suspension
    LED Lights
    Heavy Duty Bucket
    Light Guards
    Hood Guard
    Block Heater
    greenharley and Herminator like this.

8. Top | #6
    Big
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by biodiesel View Post
    Good info, thank you!

I've never had a tractor before, so some of this stuff is over my head. I would need a SCV to run a log splitter and post hole digger, right? Does each SCV have two hose connections?

That's on my list.

Oh, okay... I thought that came standard with the new 2038R

Yes, those were added to my list. I saw the R3 Radials on a YouTube video and really liked the hybrid tread design which should work well for my property and usage.

Here are other options that I came across:

Air-Ride Seat Suspension
    LED Lights
    Heavy Duty Bucket
    Light Guards
    Hood Guard
    Block Heater

I wouldn't recommend using the rear scv's to run a log splitter. It would be painfully slow. These tractors don't have enough flow to efficiently run one. People have done it...just make sure your patience is high enough to tolerate it.

Most people use the PTO for post hole digging. Only bad thing is if the auger gets stuck, there is no reverse on the PTO. You'll have to turn it out by hand with a pipe wrench.

The loader comes standard with 4 hydraulic quick connects. An option is the single point quick connect. It connects/disconnects all 4 with the throw of a lever.

I think the air ride is only available in Europe and the brush/hood guard comes standard with the loader
    Last edited by Big; 02-09-2019 at 04:54 PM.
    -2017 2032R, 220r Loader, I-Match, Ken's Extended Top Hook, MMM, JD Ballast Box, Dual rear SCV's, Single Point Hydraulic Connection, Landscape Rake, Tarter Tiller, Boom Pole, Middle Buster/Potato Plow, Drag Harrow, Single Row Hipper, 5' Enorossi sickle bar, 3 point spike drag, Titan 42" Forks, 60" Box Blade, Landpride 3 point spreader, Leinbach 5' Disc.

-Bobcat 325G Mini Ex
    -Honda Pioneer 700

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by glc View Post
    Thank you! If this forum turns out to be as good as I hope, I will be come a site supporter.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Satch View Post
    I have a 2032R. When we bought, we thought we would never use the mid mount mower, now we are going back for that.
    We have property at 7,000' feet in northern New Mexico. Since it's undeveloped property, we mow it once per year with a John Deere riding mower (like the one you get from Home Depot). Needless to say, it takes a few days to mow 10 aces with a small 48" deck. I will certainly make sure the tractor is equipped for a mid mount mower for future use. For now, we only want to spend enough money for the tractor and frontend loader. Eventually, I want the backhoe and mid mount mower.

Quote Originally Posted by The Satch View Post
    I also wish I had rear hydraulics for a top and tilt kit, I will most likely be going back for that as well, at minimum to run a hydraulic top link.
    When you say rear hydraulics, you're talking about adding the Selective Control Valves, right?
    glc and Herminator like this.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I wouldn't recommend using the rear scv's to run a log splitter. It would be painfully slow. These tractors don't have enough flow to efficiently run one. People have done it...just make sure your patience is high enough to tolerate it.
    Good to know. What do you use your SCVs for?

Most people use the PTO for post hole digging. Only bad thing is if the auger gets stuck, there is no reverse on the PTO. You'll have to turn it out by hand with a pipe wrench.
    Yeah, I was talking about using a post hole digger with the downforce hydraulics.

The loader comes standard with 4 hydraulic quick connects. An option is the single point quick connect. It connects/disconnects all 4 with the throw of a lever.
    Okay, that's good to know. I thought that was the new standard feature. I'll definitely add that to the list.

I think the air ride is only available in Europe
    I've seen people add the air-ride to their tractors after the fact, but I can't say that I know anyone who ordered it from the factory. I guess I will find out. I'm going to the dealer next weekend to look at the options and price out a tractor.

and the brush/hood guard comes standard with the loader
    That's good to know. I want to keep the tractor at or below $30,000.

12. Top | #10
    Big
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by biodiesel View Post
    Good to know. What do you use your SCVs for?

Yeah, I was talking about using a post hole digger with the downforce hydraulics.

Okay, that's good to know. I thought that was the new standard feature. I'll definitely add that to the list.

I've seen people add the air-ride to their tractors after the fact, but I can't say that I know anyone who ordered it from the factory. I guess I will find out. I'm going to the dealer next weekend to look at the options and price out a tractor.

That's good to know. I want to keep the tractor at or below $30,000.
    I use one set for my hydraulic top link. The other set I'll eventually use for a hydraulic lift cylinder on my sickle bar.

The rear 3 point has no down force capability. Only lift.

-Bobcat 325G Mini Ex
    -Honda Pioneer 700

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast