Has anyone added rear hydraulics to a gen 2 2025R?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Has anyone added rear hydraulics to a gen 2 2025R?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:29 PM
    Thanks

Just curious? Would like to have top link for box blade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Alex-

2018 2025R
    60" MMM
    120R Loader
    AV10F Frontier snow plow
    AP10F 42" Frontier pallet forks
    Blue Diamond Toothbar
    Kens Bolt on Hooks
    5 Ft KK Box Blade
    Carry All
    Single Row Cultivator
    KK Middle Buster

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:51 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,668 Times in 1,263 Posts
    Do you mean using something other than the optional factory Dual Rear SCV kit?
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks

No thatís probably exactly what Iím looking for. Something for a hydraulic top link. Will the factory kit run one cylinder or will it run 2 for a top and tilt? And where is the lever that operates it located on the machine? Forwards or backwards?

Last edited by Wvdeere; 03-01-2019 at 10:16 PM.
    -Alex-

2018 2025R
    60" MMM
    120R Loader
    AV10F Frontier snow plow
    Blue Diamond Toothbar
    Kens Bolt on Hooks
    5 Ft KK Box Blade
    Carry All
    Single Row Cultivator
    KK Middle Buster

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Big
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:43 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    Do you mean using something other than the optional factory Dual Rear SCV kit?
    I don't think the dual rear scv's is an option for the Gen 2 2025r

Edit: I'm sure it's possible but not "built in" like the 2032r/38r
    Last edited by Big; 03-01-2019 at 10:16 PM.
    PJR832 likes this.
    -2017 2032R, 220r Loader, I-Match, Ken's Extended Top Hook, MMM, JD Ballast Box, Dual rear SCV's, Single Point Hydraulic Connection, Landscape Rake, Tarter Tiller, Boom Pole, Middle Buster/Potato Plow, Drag Harrow, Single Row Hipper, 5' Enorossi sickle bar, 3 point spike drag, Titan 42" Forks, 60" Box Blade, Landpride 3 point spreader, Leinbach 5' Disc.

-Bobcat 325G Mini Ex
    -Toro Dingo 322 with many attachments
    -Honda Pioneer 700

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    What's odd is the parts illustrations list a dual rear SCV but the Build Your Own configurator only lists a single rear 3rd SCV kit. They don't show any photos of it. I suspect it's very similar to the 3rd SCV on my 2720 in that it mounts on the right-rear of the tractor with the lever near your right elbow.

Single Rear Selective Control Valve (SCV) Kit Without Detent
    Option Code : BLV11025
    For use on MY 2017 and Newer 2025R Tractors. Not compatible with Power Beyond Kit (BLV10746) or Rear Outlet Kit (BLV10775).
    PJR832 and Big like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    I don't think the dual rear scv's is an option for the Gen 2 2025r
    I think you are right. The parts lists shows something they call the dual rear SCV but the actual illustration looks like the dual MID SCV. More JD confusion factor. The Build Your Own clearly only lists the option for a single rear 3rd SCV.

50001A Dual Rear SCV (1/2) - ST895784
    50001B Dual Rear SCV (2/2) - ST895779

Apologies to the OP for introducing confusion with the initial response.
    PJR832 and Big like this.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    10-14-2019 @ 02:53 PM
    Thanks
    I have the third hydraulic valve on my second generation 2025r. I still have a plan to purchase the two ton tandem axle dump trailer from Country Manufacturing which was the reason for adding the third valve when I bought the tractor a year ago. So I have not used the third valve other than to test it on a hydraulic cylinder to make sure it was working, and it was.

I had given some thought to adding the Mauser cab that Deere now offers for the new 2025r but the cab will not fit with the third valve. One would have to consider that issue if a Mauser cab purchase was there. I am looking at the Curtis Cab for the 2025r as I think modifying the rear panel to fit around the third valve may not be too difficult.

The third valve is a rather expensive option and perhaps just a diverter to switch the hydraulic flow from the mid hydraulic outlets to the rear is a more reasonable option. One could also just plumb lines from the mid outlets that control the loader curl function to the back of the tractor. Of course you would lose this part of the loader control but it would be inexpensive. If I was to do it over again I would probably skip the third valve and use a diverter but I don't have a loader currently. If I had the loader I might not think this is such a great idea.

I have a 54" snow blower and a 72" front blade that I need the mid hydraulics for but if I only lose that function while I divert hydraulic flow to the rear of the tractor it is an inconvenience one could probably work with.
    PJR832 likes this.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tweivoda View Post
    I have the third hydraulic valve on my second generation 2025r. I still have a plan to purchase the two ton tandem axle dump trailer from Country Manufacturing which was the reason for adding the third valve when I bought the tractor a year ago. So I have not used the third valve other than to test it on a hydraulic cylinder to make sure it was working, and it was.
    Can you post a few photos of what your valve and quick couplers look like? I've searched around on-line and there doesn't seem to be any photos of a 3rd SCV on a Gen-2 2025R.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tweivoda View Post

I had given some thought to adding the Mauser cab that Deere now offers for the new 2025r but the cab will not fit with the third valve. One would have to consider that issue if a Mauser cab purchase was there. I am looking at the Curtis Cab for the 2025r as I think modifying the rear panel to fit around the third valve may not be too difficult.

The third valve is a rather expensive option and perhaps just a diverter to switch the hydraulic flow from the mid hydraulic outlets to the rear is a more reasonable option. One could also just plumb lines from the mid outlets that control the loader curl function to the back of the tractor. Of course you would lose this part of the loader control but it would be inexpensive. If I was to do it over again I would probably skip the third valve and use a diverter but I don't have a loader currently. If I had the loader I might not think this is such a great idea.

I have a 54" snow blower and a 72" front blade that I need the mid hydraulics for but if I only lose that function while I divert hydraulic flow to the rear of the tractor it is an inconvenience one could probably work with.
    I hadnít thought of a diverter kit to run a back implement. I have looked into them for a grapple. If there was a way to be able to use a diverter to run either a grapple or a hydraulic third link (one at a time) and the hoses not be a mess that would really be a flexible option. If you could use it on the front when needed and switch it to the back when needed that would be nice. Wonder if anyone has attempted this.

-Alex-

2018 2025R
    60" MMM
    120R Loader
    AV10F Frontier snow plow
    Blue Diamond Toothbar
    Kens Bolt on Hooks
    5 Ft KK Box Blade
    Carry All
    Single Row Cultivator
    KK Middle Buster

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    On a ttwt video I seen the guy from good works tractors has his top and tilt run through his joystick. Of course he has every hydraulic option available I think on his 3 series. Would it just be a matter of running the lines to the back of the tractor instead of to the loader for a grapple I guess and it work the same way?

Tractor Tim likes this.
    -Alex-

2018 2025R
    60" MMM
    120R Loader
    AV10F Frontier snow plow
    Blue Diamond Toothbar
    Kens Bolt on Hooks
    5 Ft KK Box Blade
    Carry All