Need help with 2038R autoconnect 60d mower
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Need help with 2038R autoconnect 60d mower

  1. Top | #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Online
    05-27-2019 @ 01:12 PM
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Need help with 2038R autoconnect 60d mower

    Hi Ya’ll,

    The hubs and I are having trouble getting the mower deck to lock into position correctly. This is the first time we’ve tried to put it back on. We had trouble getting the mid PTO to line up as well, but we were able to fix that. Now we can’t get the rear right lock to engage, because the mower isn’t sitting the the rear draft arm slot all the way.

    We’ve tried taking it on and off, as well as using the garage concrete slab (scraped the hell out of it btw), the gravel driveway, and next on the list is to try the dirt. The slab was a flat, level surface but the driveway was sloped a little.

    We are also having trouble with the front link arms getting caught on the loader arms, even though I had the loader raised pretty high.

    I tried to attach a picture of “frank” lifting round bales in all his glory. Hope it worked!

    We’re about ready to pull our hair out. Any suggestions?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1FBA8773-384E-4021-B8E9-D83E7F381A05.jpeg  
    Last edited by 2038r_girl; 04-05-2019 at 01:12 PM.
    greenharley and PJR832 like this.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    Jamone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:53 PM
    Location
    Richmond VA
    Posts
    471
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 59 Times in 52 Posts
    I’ve heard it said that you shouldn’t have the loader on when attaching/removing the MMM. That said I sometimes do have the loader on. I always make sure if I do then I have something heavy on the 3-point hitch so I reduce the weight on the mower deck while driving over. I’ve never had an issue with the loader on, I just raise it way up to be safe. As for the rear MMM attachment points, I’ve found that dirt/grass work best over gravel/concrete. It seems to resist the deck sliding as much so it locks in better. Maybe 25% of the time I do still need to hit the mower deck with a rubber mallet or my boot to get it back enough to lock. I believe I heard of people on the forum parking the deck on rubber mats when parked on concrete to prevent slippage. It seems like you’d need enough mats so the whole tractor was up on them though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 2038r 72” MMM Command Cut 220r loader
    greenharley, PJR832 and 2038r_girl like this.

  4. Top | #3

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Online
    05-27-2019 @ 01:12 PM
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thanks! I was wondering about the dirt working better because of resistance. I’m lazy and don’t want to have to take the loader off if I don’t have too. We’ll give it a shot!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamone View Post
    I’ve heard it said that you shouldn’t have the loader on when attaching/removing the MMM. That said I sometimes do have the loader on. I always make sure if I do then I have something heavy on the 3-point hitch so I reduce the weight on the mower deck while driving over. I’ve never had an issue with the loader on, I just raise it way up to be safe. As for the rear MMM attachment points, I’ve found that dirt/grass work best over gravel/concrete. It seems to resist the deck sliding as much so it locks in better. Maybe 25% of the time I do still need to hit the mower deck with a rubber mallet or my boot to get it back enough to lock. I believe I heard of people on the forum parking the deck on rubber mats when parked on concrete to prevent slippage. It seems like you’d need enough mats so the whole tractor was up on them though.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 2038r 72” MMM Command Cut 220r loader
    greenharley likes this.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Last Online
    04-05-2019 @ 04:51 PM
    Location
    SE WI
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 2038r_girl View Post
    Hi Ya’ll,

    The hubs and I are having trouble getting the mower deck to lock into position correctly. This is the first time we’ve tried to put it back on. We had trouble getting the mid PTO to line up as well, but we were able to fix that. Now we can’t get the rear right lock to engage, because the mower isn’t sitting the the rear draft arm slot all the way.
    I initially had a similar problem with my 2032R. I adjusted the position of the front link arms to push the deck slightly further back when the front link was hooked on the frame of the tractor, and haven't had an issue since.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to munzzzzz For This Useful Post:

    Herminator (04-05-2019)

  8. Top | #5

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Online
    05-27-2019 @ 01:12 PM
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Did you adjust the front link arms by tightening the locknuts (c) as shown in the diagram? We were thinking the arms might be to short as well. If you didn’t do it by tightening the locknuts, how did you do it? Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by munzzzzz View Post
    I initially had a similar problem with my 2032R. I adjusted the position of the front link arms to push the deck slightly further back when the front link was hooked on the frame of the tractor, and haven't had an issue since.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 350270CF-047A-4E04-9019-0748C00C889F.jpeg  

  9. Top | #6

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Last Online
    04-05-2019 @ 04:51 PM
    Location
    SE WI
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 2038r_girl View Post
    Did you adjust the front link arms by tightening the locknuts (c) as shown in the diagram? We were thinking the arms might be to short as well. If you didn’t do it by tightening the locknuts, how did you do it? Thanks!
    Yep, that's all it took. I wrestled with it a few times before I figured out what it was - it didn't take much but once I got it figured out, my 9 year old could do it (literally - I think he uses it more than I do!).

    Edit: I looked at your picture a little closer, that's not quite how mine looks. The nuts I adjusted are circled in red.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deck.PNG 
Views:	90 
Size:	385.8 KB 
ID:	679918
    Last edited by munzzzzz; 04-05-2019 at 04:02 PM.
    greenharley, PJR832 and goat704! like this.

  10. Top | #7

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Online
    05-27-2019 @ 01:12 PM
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thank you! We’ll mess around with it on Sunday and see what happens. Appreciate the help!

    Quote Originally Posted by munzzzzz View Post
    Yep, that's all it took. I wrestled with it a few times before I figured out what it was - it didn't take much but once I got it figured out, my 9 year old could do it (literally - I think he uses it more than I do!).

    Edit: I looked at your picture a little closer, that's not quite how mine looks. The nuts I adjusted are circled in red.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deck.PNG 
Views:	90 
Size:	385.8 KB 
ID:	679918
    greenharley, PJR832 and goat704! like this.

  11. Top | #8
    Treetech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Last Online
    07-12-2019 @ 12:49 PM
    Location
    WNY
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Same with my 2038R / 60D. I had to readjust the bracket on the 2 threaded rods with 4 nuts as in the photo with red circles.
    Just moved it in and out until the rear hooks locked by themselves.
    Also, notice the spring in the photo (which holds the front bracket up). You may have to add spacers at the top (just remove pin, add washers, re-pin) if the front bracket is too high and hits your FEL parking stand. There is a thread on here somewhere about that.
    greenharley likes this.
    2038R, 316, 318 Various mowers, blades, snow thrower, rototiller, etc.

  12. Top | #9

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Online
    08-19-2019 @ 07:22 PM
    Location
    Uniontown, Pa
    Posts
    246
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 39 Times in 31 Posts
    The picture above is a 4 series, same concept, different design. You should have a small gap up front when your deck is on the ground, this will take pressure off the back and keep your rear locks loose enough to flip over. The manual gives you a measurement, but after 40 plus 2038R/2032R's it is always different after adjustment.

  13. Top | #10
    Herminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:52 AM
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    3,802
    Thanks
    1,675
    Thanked 804 Times in 611 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
    The picture above is a 4 series, same concept, different design. You should have a small gap up front when your deck is on the ground, this will take pressure off the back and keep your rear locks loose enough to flip over. The manual gives you a measurement, but after 40 plus 2038R/2032R's it is always different after adjustment.
    That photo is exactly like my 2038r’s. Extending the from arm will fix it and it will only take about 3 flats of nut adjustment to correct it if it that close. I find mine always works better on a hard flat surface like blacktop or concrete.
    greenharley, PJR832 and goat704! like this.
    Welcome to Intermission.

    2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

  14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Help! Can't get my 60D autoconnect back on my 1025R
    By EricM in forum Sub Compact Utility Tractors (SCUT)
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 05-10-2019, 01:27 PM
  2. 60D Autoconnect Mower Install
    By cottrillj in forum Sub Compact Utility Tractors (SCUT)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-11-2015, 02:25 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-15-2014, 08:03 AM
  4. 2012 1026r TLB w/ 60d autoconnect mmm
    By Finley31 in forum For Sale
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-04-2013, 02:26 PM
  5. Autoconnect 60D deck ate my belt.
    By johnh in forum Sub Compact Utility Tractors (SCUT)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-17-2012, 03:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •