59 Inch 2 stage snowblower sub frame removal?
Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By HomesteadJoe
  • 1 Post By mickey1717
  • 1 Post By RadarDon
  • 3 Post By HomesteadJoe
  • 2 Post By Kennyd

Thread: 59 Inch 2 stage snowblower sub frame removal?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    11-13-2019 @ 09:20 AM
    Thanks

59 Inch 2 stage snowblower sub frame removal?

Does anyone have a diagram of the sub frame for the 59 inch 2 stage snowblower as it's connnected to a 2038R?. I need to remove the subframe from the tractor and am not sure what needs to come off. Traded my Kubota for the JD and I love everything about the tractor except this issue. It was a 10 minute job to renove the sub frame from the Kubota.

Thanks for your help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:41 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mickey1717 View Post
    Does anyone have a diagram of the sub frame for the 59 inch 2 stage snowblower as it's connnected to a 2038R?. I need to remove the subframe from the tractor and am not sure what needs to come off. Traded my Kubota for the JD and I love everything about the tractor except this issue. It was a 10 minute job to renove the sub frame from the Kubota.

Thanks for your help!
    I have detailed instructions with photos that show every detail about removing the front 59" snow blower and front 3 point hitch (the sub frame as you call it) and how to configure the tractor for loader installation and how to prep and store the removed snow blower and front 3 point hitch parts. I can post that information here when I get home from work tonight - time allowing.

The summary is that it is very simple to do and should not take you more than 30 minutes your first time following my instructions.
    Summary Steps to remove snow blower:
    1. Remove blower form front 3 point hitch by loosening wingnut on top of A-Frame, remove lynch pin from bottom of that same bolt and slide bolt up and out. Retain for later use.
    2. Disconnect two hydraulic hoses from blower chute rotation control at mid-hydraulics/loader connections. Coil them up around the chute.
    3. Disconnect short PTO drive shaft at the front of the tractor by sliding the quick coupler collet forward and disengaging the PTO shaft by sliding the shaft forward (towards the blower) until the splines are disengaged. If stuck on, send me a personal message for further instructions)
    4. Start tractor and position snowblower above a pallet or two moving dollies and lower until contact is made. Block appropriately with wood to keep from tipping, lower the front hitch until the A-Frame disengages. Back tractor away from blower. Re-insert the removed pin from step 1 above onto tractor front 3 point hitch A-Frame. Blower removal complete.
    5. Clean (wash) blower and touch up all damaged paint. Lubricate blower and shaft parts with grease gun and spray lube to preserve and bare metal. Store blower indoors and cover with moving blanket and tarp.

Summary Steps to remove Mid PTO Shaft:
    1. If tractor is equipped with mower support, lower all the way down.
    2. From under tractor, disconnect quick coupler for mid PTO shaft by sliding collet forward and sliding shaft yoke off PTO. Rest shaft on mower support cross brace rod.
    3. Slide PTO yoke on front of shaft aft out of its two front support bearings. Shaft is now removed.
    4. Raise mower support to highest position.
    5. Clean all parts, touch up paint, lubricate and preserve. Store shaft indoors in a dry place with the snow blower for later use.

Summary Steps to remove Front 3 Point Hitch:
    NOTE: The front 3 point hitch can be removed with the a frame attached to the lower lift arms and upper link, or in separate pieces.
    1. Remove A-Frame by first disconnecting upper center link from tractor bracket. Remove lynch pin and slide pin out and disconnect link from Tractor. Store removed pin and lynch pin in disconnected upper link.
    2. Remove lynch pins and pins at lower lift arms that are connected to A-Frame and slide the disconnected A-Frame off lower lift arms and place aside.
    3. Remove remaining six lynch pins (3 per side) two per hydraulic cylinder and on at each lift arm pivot point.
    4. Slide left side lift cylinder off temporarily and slide left lift arm off splined pivot shaft and place aside. Reconnect left hydraulic cylinder to tractor and install lynch pin.
    5. Slide right side lift cylinder off temporarily and slide right lift arm off splined pivot shaft and place aside. Reconnect right hydraulic cylinder to tractor and install lynch pin.
    6. Start tractor and turn steering wheel full left and shut down tractor.
    7. Slide pivot shaft out from left side and place aside.
    8. On front of tractor the 3 point hitch support should have two large nickel-plated (silver) U-Shaped pins stowed on it. From the underside, remove the keeper hairpins and slide U-Shaped pins up and out of the support.
    9. Find the holes on the left side of the hitch support bracket near the hydraulic lift cylinder and slide the U-Shaped pins around the cylinder and through the support bracket and install the keeper hairpins from the back side. Repeat for right side.
    10. Start tractor and retract lift cylinder pistons fully and straighten out front wheels. Shut down tractor.
    11. Disconnect the two lift arm hydraulic lines from mid-hydraulics/loader connections. Install protective caps on lines and stow lines by routing forward into existing hydraulic line support wire bracket.
    12. Clean all removed parts and touch up paint and lubricate and protect exposed surfaces. Pivot shaft may tend to develop rust/corrosion. Remove any rust/corrosion and protect with paint or spray lube.
    13. Reconnect all removed parts (including all lynch pins) to A-Frame which is already installed on the snow blower. This will keep all parts together with the snow blower for next season.

All the removal work above can be done in 15 minutes easily once you know what to do. It's really well thought-out overall.

For best results, store everything indoors and cover as you see fit.

You are now ready to reinstall the front end loader and mower deck if so equipped.

I hope this summary is helpful. I will post the full details with photos at a later date.

Sincerely
    Last edited by HomesteadJoe; 04-16-2019 at 10:52 AM.
    rtgt and wildbranch2007 like this.
    BadAss 2038R, R3s, R4s, Spacers, Eng & Tranny Heaters, LEDs, Cages, Fender Flares, Front Fenders, iMatch, Heavy Hitch, Hitch-N-Can, 800# Quick Tach Weights, 220R Loader, Single Point Hyd, 57" HD Bucket, WR Long Tooth Bar & 3rd Function Hyd, 55" Wicked Root Rake Grapple, 270B Backhoe, 72D MMM, Front 3 pt Hitch, 366 FMB Blade, PHD300 Post Hole Digger w\ Auger Set, LR2172 Landscape Rake w/gage Wheels, RB2072 Rear Blade, BB2072 Box Blade, AP12F Pallet Forks, EA 72" Pine Needle Rake, Fit-Rite TNT

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HomesteadJoe For This Useful Post:

RadarDon (04-17-2019)

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    11-13-2019 @ 09:20 AM
    Thanks

Thank you !!!

Quote Originally Posted by HomesteadJoe View Post
    I have detailed instructions with photos that show every detail about removing the front 59" snow blower and front 3 point hitch (the sub frame as you call it) and how to configure the tractor for loader installation and how to prep and store the removed snow blower and front 3 point hitch parts. I can post that information here when I get home from work tonight - time allowing.

The summary is that it is very simple to do and should not take you more than 30 minutes your first time following my instructions.
    Summary Steps to remove snow blower:
    1. Remove blower form front 3 point hitch by loosening wingnut on top of A-Frame, remove lynch pin from bottom of that same bolt and slide bolt up and out. Retain for later use.
    2. Disconnect two hydraulic hoses from blower chute rotation control at mid-hydraulics/loader connections. Coil them up around the chute.
    3. Disconnect short PTO drive shaft at the front of the tractor by sliding the quick coupler collet forward and disengaging the PTO shaft by sliding the shaft forward (towards the blower) until the splines are disengaged. If stuck on, send me a personal message for further instructions)
    4. Start tractor and position snowblower above a pallet or two moving dollies and lower until contact is made. Block appropriately with wood to keep from tipping, lower the front hitch until the A-Frame disengages. Back tractor away from blower. Re-insert the removed pin from step 1 above onto tractor front 3 point hitch A-Frame. Blower removal complete.
    5. Clean (wash) blower and touch up all damaged paint. Lubricate blower and shaft parts with grease gun and spray lube to preserve and bare metal. Store blower indoors and cover with moving blanket and tarp.

Summary Steps to remove Mid PTO Shaft:
    1. If tractor is equipped with mower support, lower all the way down.
    2. From under tractor, disconnect quick coupler for mid PTO shaft by sliding collet forward and sliding shaft yoke off PTO. Rest shaft on mower support cross brace rod.
    3. Slide PTO yoke on front of shaft aft out of its two front support bearings. Shaft is now removed.
    4. Raise mower support to highest position.
    5. Clean all parts, touch up paint, lubricate and preserve. Store shaft indoors in a dry place with the snow blower for later use.

Summary Steps to remove Front 3 Point Hitch:
    NOTE: The front 3 point hitch can be removed with the a frame attached to the lower lift arms and upper link, or in separate pieces.
    1. Remove A-Frame by first disconnecting upper center link from tractor bracket. Remove lynch pin and slide pin out and disconnect link from Tractor. Store removed pin and lynch pin in disconnected upper link.
    2. Remove lynch pins and pins at lower lift arms that are connected to A-Frame and slide the disconnected A-Frame off lower lift arms and place aside.
    3. Remove remaining six lynch pins (3 per side) two per hydraulic cylinder and on at each lift arm pivot point.
    4. Slide left side lift cylinder off temporarily and slide left lift arm off splined pivot shaft and place aside. Reconnect left hydraulic cylinder to tractor and install lynch pin.
    5. Slide right side lift cylinder off temporarily and slide right lift arm off splined pivot shaft and place aside. Reconnect right hydraulic cylinder to tractor and install lynch pin.
    6. Start tractor and turn steering wheel full left and shut down tractor.
    7. Slide pivot shaft out from left side and place aside.
    8. On front of tractor the 3 point hitch support should have two large nickel-plated (silver) U-Shaped pins stowed on it. From the underside, remove the keeper hairpins and slide U-Shaped pins up and out of the support.
    9. Find the holes on the left side of the hitch support bracket near the hydraulic lift cylinder and slide the U-Shaped pins around the cylinder and through the support bracket and install the keeper hairpins from the back side. Repeat for right side.
    10. Start tractor and retract lift cylinder pistons fully and straighten out front wheels. Shut down tractor.
    11. Disconnect the two lift arm hydraulic lines from mid-hydraulics/loader connections. Install protective caps on lines and stow lines by routing forward into existing hydraulic line support wire bracket.
    12. Clean all removed parts and touch up paint and lubricate and protect exposed surfaces. Pivot shaft may tend to develop rust/corrosion. Remove any rust/corrosion and protect with paint or spray lube.
    13. Reconnect all removed parts (including all lynch pins) to A-Frame which is already installed on the snow blower. This will keep all parts together with the snow blower for next season.

All the removal work above can be done in 15 minutes easily once you know what to do. It's really well thought-out overall.

Thank you very much for the info. If you are able to post the pictures I'd really apprecaite it.

For best results, store everything indoors and cover as you see fit.

You are now ready to reinstall the front end loader and mower deck if so equipped.

I hope this summary is helpful. I will post the full details with photos at a later date.

Sincerely

Thank you very much for the information. If you are able to provide the pictures I'd really appreciate it.
    rtgt likes this.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:03 AM
    Thanks
    I await the posting with anticipation. Still having a hard time getting installation instructions from the dealer.
    rtgt likes this.
    2032R, 220R FEL, 270B Backhoe, RT1157 Tiller, 59" 2000 Snow Blower, LR 2072 Rake, OTC Cab, CL Subsoiler, 3pt Tow Hitch, UA 42" Forks, IMatch with Kenny's Hook, Kenny's Bolt-On Hooks

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:41 AM
    Thanks
    If you are looking for these detailed instructions, send me a PM with your email address and I will send the instructions to you via email when I compile them into user-friendly format with pictures included.

With any luck, maybe I can post the document into the GTT Technical Library for all to use. I have not yet figured out how to do that just yet. I think only a select few have the ability to post in that thread. Teaser photos below.

Sincerely
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 581F23B8-9218-4BBE-A79E-D0248703C66B_1555591654406.jpeg   A777E82C-455D-4ACA-85E6-22ACF185C7A6_1555591673280.jpeg   93EB639E-E268-4B10-9F77-670C5F79D2A0_1555591883111.jpeg   C6D2E692-BE29-482D-9B12-5506DAF783B6_1555591973018.jpeg   22A8C35A-52D6-4890-9FFC-7B3ED26845D9_1555592023214.jpeg  

7FBFAB56-DF31-4A84-8076-855B502E6AD2_1555592077797.jpeg   D4651496-8B08-4C3E-8161-F75A7018384C_1555592159328.jpeg   4B4EF4B5-5F08-49A8-8709-9BCEF5CC550F_1555592650092.jpeg   84DE1B68-D558-4686-A56D-7821174160E6_1555593019770.jpeg   C278DB30-E34E-49EC-BD08-BBB18CC48378_1555593061029.jpeg  

A98F3C19-F829-4754-A729-ABE5F2567CA3_1555597715837.jpeg  
    Last edited by HomesteadJoe; 04-18-2019 at 10:28 AM.
    BadAss 2038R, R3s, R4s, Spacers, Eng & Tranny Heaters, LEDs, Cages, Fender Flares, Front Fenders, iMatch, Heavy Hitch, Hitch-N-Can, 800# Quick Tach Weights, 220R Loader, Single Point Hyd, 57" HD Bucket, WR Long Tooth Bar & 3rd Function Hyd, 55" Wicked Root Rake Grapple, 270B Backhoe, 72D MMM, Front 3 pt Hitch, 366 FMB Blade, PHD300 Post Hole Digger w\ Auger Set, LR2172 Landscape Rake w/gage Wheels, RB2072 Rear Blade, BB2072 Box Blade, AP12F Pallet Forks, EA 72" Pine Needle Rake, Fit-Rite TNT

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:56 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,143 Times in 2,585 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HomesteadJoe View Post

With any luck, maybe I can post the document into the GTT Technical Library for all to use. I have not yet figured out how to do that just yet. I think only a select few have the ability to post in that thread.
    Only mods and admins can post there, this keeps the threads clean and to the point. You can always do a post here, and we can copy or move it there when your completed.
    rtgt and HomesteadJoe like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

HomesteadJoe (04-18-2019)

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements