Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: 2320 hydraulic pipe nightmare

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    11-04-2019 @ 08:12 PM
    Thanks

2320 hydraulic pipe nightmare

Snagged a root with the hydraulic line (part #LVA802862) coming of the outside of my filter. It pulled out of its bracket and into my u-joint which promptly wore a hole into it. Got the replacement pipe in from my local dealer and started digging into the tractor to remove offending part but I think the green engineers designed the whole tractor around this one pipe. So far Iíve taken out the seat and the plate directly underneath it, loosening the bracket that holds the scv and lever ( because the pipe terminated directly below it). So the pipe is disconnected but it wonít snake out of there. Off comes the left rear wheel - no luck, off with the right rear wheel, negative, taking off the floor board which means also the brake pedals, lower and upper dash boards. Now the right rear fender which means the Rops has got to go in the morning. When does it end? Wish I had just had a flexible hose made up on day one and just cut that pipe out. Wish John Deere made a repair manual available to customers. Any insights would be very much appreciated. PS This is a field repair. Wish it werenít so but too late. Learning the hard way on my first tractor. lol
    BigJim55 and Gebada22 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:20 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,133 Times in 2,576 Posts
    John Deere does make a technical manual for your machine, it's TM2388. You can look JD Techpubs or at other places like Green Farm Parts.

https://techpubs.deere.com/Products/ProductSearch.aspx

https://greenfarmparts.com/?s=TM2388
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

Hotfeet†(04-23-2019)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:28 PM
    Thanks
    I have the tech manual at home. Iíll take a look to see if I can find anything helpful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PJR832 and Hotfeet like this.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jester_2320 For This Useful Post:

Hotfeet†(04-23-2019)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I was not able to find anything specific in the tech manual for that specific line replacement. To remove the pump its attached to, the right fender, seat, floor boards all have to be removed. The same schematic posted is also listed in the file but thats all there is. sorry.
    BigJim55 and Hotfeet like this.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jester_2320 For This Useful Post:

Hotfeet†(04-23-2019)

10. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Click image for larger version.†

Name:	8442DA5A-161B-4A08-9CF9-4B7DA961BDC5.jpeg†
Views:	47†
Size:	4.05 MB†
ID:	682770Attachment 682758
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester_2320 View Post
    I was not able to find anything specific in the tech manual for that specific line replacement. To remove the pump its attached to, the right fender, seat, floor boards all have to be removed. The same schematic posted is also listed in the file but thats all there is. sorry.
    Hey, Thanks for looking. Got the fender and floor board off and the pipe would still not snake out. Decided enough is enough and and just cut both banjo ends off. Got a flexible hose being made up with the banjos from the original pipe and rerouting over the top and away from the drive shaft. This is my first attempt at mechanics other than doing the 50 hour service. Hope I can get it all back together. lol.

I did notice little white paint dashes next to multiple bolts as I was disassembling this thing. Do those indicate something like maybe loctite was used. Maybe some markings left by previous mechanic or factory? I could write a book on what I don’t know about tractors. lol. Will try to post photo. Put the wrong one up on this reply and don’t know how to take it down. Thanks again for looking. What a mess for one little piece of twisted pipe.
    Last edited by Hotfeet; 04-23-2019 at 09:51 PM.
    Gizmo2, BigJim55, theduke and 1 others like this.

11. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    John Deere does make a technical manual for your machine, it's TM2388. You can look JD Techpubs or at other places like Green Farm Parts.

https://techpubs.deere.com/Products/ProductSearch.aspx

https://greenfarmparts.com/?s=TM2388
    Thanks, I knew they had a tech manual but I think the full blown repair manual is only available to dealers. If so it would seem they really want our business in a not so good way. Thanks for the info anyways. Will probably have to buy one soon as it seems to be a necessary item. Saving my pennies.
    Last edited by Hotfeet; 04-23-2019 at 10:02 PM.
    BigJim55 and Herminator like this.

12. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    The white paint are torque marks from the factor showing they have been checked. Good luck with the reassembly. Iím sure you learned a few things along the way abs perhaps a few choice words.

BigJim55, Herminator and Hotfeet like this.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jester_2320 For This Useful Post:

Hotfeet†(04-23-2019)

14. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester_2320 View Post
    The white paint are torque marks from the factor showing they have been checked. Good luck with the reassembly. Iím sure you learned a few things along the way abs perhaps a few choice words.

Iím saving the choice words for reassembly. I have learned that I have no fondness in my heart for certain JD engineers. lol I actually bought this tractor from one. He was a nice guy, I think. So far Iíve ridden it for 40 hours and worked on about the same. Going into negative pleasure to work ratio tomorrow. Trying to look at it as an educational moment. Looks like it has been blowing hydraulic fluid on the right side. Hoping a little tightening down on the banjo bolts will remedy this. Donít have torque specs. Heck didnít even know what a torque wrench was until a week ago. lol. Yup, learning a lot the hard way. Got to admit itís a little fun and challenging too. Respect for true mechanics from a former college ceramics Professor. Still slinging mud, just off tractor tires now.
    Jester_2320 and BigJim55 like this.

15. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:20 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,133 Times in 2,576 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotfeet View Post
    Thanks, I knew they had a tech manual but I think the full blown repair manual is only available to dealers.

I'm pretty sure its the same manuals that the dealers use, but I could be wrong. The ones I have are pretty extensive.
    Gizmo2 and Hotfeet like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

Hotfeet†(04-25-2019)

17. Top | #10

Last Online
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotfeet View Post
    Iím saving the choice words for reassembly. I have learned that I have no fondness in my heart for certain JD engineers. lol I actually bought this tractor from one. He was a nice guy, I think. So far Iíve ridden it for 40 hours and worked on about the same. Going into negative pleasure to work ratio tomorrow. Trying to look at it as an educational moment. Looks like it has been blowing hydraulic fluid on the right side. Hoping a little tightening down on the banjo bolts will remedy this. Donít have torque specs. Heck didnít even know what a torque wrench was until a week ago. lol. Yup, learning a lot the hard way. Got to admit itís a little fun and challenging too. Respect for true mechanics from a former college ceramics Professor. Still slinging mud, just off tractor tires now.
    Since you have it tore down, you might as well get some grease to the drive shaft U joints. That might save you some grief later. This sucks to have to do this in the field but keep grinding it will work out.
    Gizmo2, BigJim55 and Hotfeet like this.
    3025e, D160 loader, Artillian Grapple, Forks, Hoe Bucket, Frontier Land Plane, Rotomec PDH300, Redline Systems 54 inch rock bucket, Heavy Hitch
    400 Garden Tractor, 35a Tiller, 54 inch plow, 60 inch deck

18. The Following User Says Thank You to 69project For This Useful Post:

Hotfeet†(04-25-2019)

19. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast