• 1 Post By jgayman
  • 1 Post By Twar

Thread: Can Anyone Help With Questions On The 2025R Mower Lift Systems

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 03:23 PM
    Thanks

Can Anyone Help With Questions On The 2025R Mower Lift Systems

Hello Everyone. I hope everyone is well. I hope someone can help me with my questions. I bought a new 2025R. I put the 54D AutoConnect 7-Iron mid-mount mower on it with the Independent Hydraulic Lift. I also put the front loader on it, Auto-Throttle, Engine and Coolant Heater, Rear SCV Kit, Premium LED Light Kit and finally I put the R3 Radial Tires on it. Tomorrow will mark 3 weeks ago that it was delivered to the dealer and is still up there. All I know is that there is a problem with the mower or the AutoConnect. My questions are on the mower lift system I cant seem to get answered. I'll try to be as brief and as detailed as possible.
    When you order the Independent Hydraulic Lift System for the mower you have to order The standard mechanical mower lift system that moves the mower in conjunction with the rear implements. That is JD Part #BLV10956. Then along with that you have to order the Independent Hydraulic Lift System. That is JD Part #BLV10933. So on the Tractor Order Sheet it listed Code 1102 and that included both JD Part numbers. So with both mechanical and hydraulic lift systems bought my question was and still is this.
    Lets say its Saturday afternoon. The Dealer is closed. You blow a hydraulic line or the switch breaks and you can't move the mower. Its going to rain soon so you want to get the rest of the mowing done. Or lets even say the Hydraulic Lift System isn't all they say it is and you want to convert back to the mechanical lift system. As the system is right now with the hydraulic lift system, can you quickly convert back to mechanical lift if the hydraulic lift breaks in the field?
    Our 2032R has a mechanical lift on its mower and it looks like the mower lift arms somehow connect to the base of the 3 point hitch arms. I can't tell exactly how they connect because the connection is shielded by steel plating so you can't see it.
    So to me, it looks like some mechanical lift parts may be eliminated to install the hydraulic lift system, (that is ... the connections to the 3 point hitch arms) but I don't know for sure.
    The purpose of the Hydraulic Lift System is it enables you to use the 3 point hitch system independently without the mower moving in conjunction with the 3 point hitch.
    So can anyone say where we stand on this issue? Can you convert from Hydraulic to Mechanical as the system is? To be quite blunt with everyone, my fear is that maybe some parts are eliminated from the mechanical lift because they are not needed with the hydraulic lift. And I won't get any left over parts because you usually don't left over parts when you do upgrades or change systems, (unless you ask for everything since you bought everything) but I don't know for sure if that is the case or what the case is in this issue.
    Can anyone please help me with this? Boy I hope so. I get blank stares from people every time I ask or they say "Well why would you put hydraulics on it in the first place if you're going to take it off again?"
    Thank You in advance to All who read this post and for any input or solutions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 07:02 AM
    Thanks
    Can't help with your specific question, but I do know people have had some kind of trouble with an actuator on the independent system.
    2018 2025r, FEL, 60" autoconnect deck, pallet forks, some other stuff.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,703 Times in 1,290 Posts
    The independent lift and mechanical lift use different parts. You won’t have those 3PH lower arm bellcranks installed but will have a boat load of new parts to enable independent lift.

The actuator referred to by the previous poster is the electric linear actuator used on the Gen-2 2032R/2038R for the Command Cut system.
    PJR832 likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    To add to my previous response. Switching back and forth between the mechanical lift and the independent hydraulic lift is not something JD ever intended anyone to do. Below are the components associated with the independent lift.

The scenario about blowing a hose and needing to mow is realistic but there are 1000+ other components that could fail and prevent you from doing a critical mow. A bad hose on the loader would equally disable the tractor.

If mowing is a critical operation perhaps having a backup machine would be the best approach.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2025R_ind_lift.jpg  
    PJR832 likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 03:23 PM
    Thanks

timothee re: 2025R mower lift systems questions

Thank You to all who read and posted to my question

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    11-15-2019 @ 11:38 PM
    Thanks

Yep.

I've talked to my dealer about the "independent mower lift system".

He says he never sells a machine with it, and does not recommend it, For precisely the reason you stated. If you blow a hydraulic line anywhere in the system, you won't be able to use your hydraulics for anything.

Pretty much the definition of it, unless you have separate pumps and 2 different hydraulic circuits, which you don't.

And since so few people install the system, I bet you the techs that work at that dealership don't have much experience with it either. Just another thing to break and go wrong. I'm planning on ordering a 2025r also.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Greendigger View Post
    I've talked to my dealer about the "independent mower lift system".

He says he never sells a machine with it, and does not recommend it, For precisely the reason you stated. If you blow a hydraulic line anywhere in the system, you won't be able to use your hydraulics for anything.

Pretty much the definition of it, unless you have separate pumps and 2 different hydraulic circuits, which you don't.

And since so few people install the system, I bet you the techs that work at that dealership don't have much experience with it either. Just another thing to break and go wrong. I'm planning on ordering a 2025r also.
    That doesn't make sense. Item #16 in the diagram above is a diverter. So the only time fluid is diverted to the lift circuit is when it is energized.

I'll bet there are a lot of buyers who probably don't know any better when they purchase the machine and later wish they weren't restricted to the mechanical lift system.

I know just from reading the various threads on these forums that a lot of 1 and 2-series owners are not thrilled with the mechanical lift and later ask "Isn't there something better available?"

On the flip side, if the dealer has that attitude about the option you are probably better off avoiding it or finding another dealer.
    jsb2b likes this.

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:16 PM
    Thanks
    I have the independent hydraulic lift and I like it so far. It's been updated from the old system, so when you release the lift it holds it up. I am sure it would leak down with time, but the old system as soon as you released the up button it would start to drop.

The system adds in one additional hydraulic cylinder and lines. How many cylinders and lines are on the loader? Probably a better chance of one of those going.

I don't fully understand the concern. If any line or cylinder fails, or any other critical part, you won't be mowing. This isn't adding in anything out of the ordinary it overly complex to a tractor. Worst case, just tell your dealer to give you a used loaner mower to use while they are fixing yours under warranty.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    jsb2b likes this.

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements