2019 2025R 38 hrs won't run... help!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: 2019 2025R 38 hrs won't run... help!

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    07-11-2019 @ 03:54 PM
    Thanks

2019 2025R 38 hrs won't run... help!

I have 38 hrs. on my 2025R, and was doing some work this evening, when the tractor stalled. I knew I had been low on fuel, so I thought I had run out. Filled up the tank, started it, and again it ran for a couple seconds, rather choppy, then stalled. Turned the key to run to prime the fuel system, started again, same thing... ran a couple seconds, sputtering, and stalled. At this point I noticed the oil pressure light was blinking when the key was in the run position, so I let it sit, checked the oil, and was full.

I have the cell phone number of my dealer's service manager, and he was good enough to talk through this with me a bit. He thought I probably airlocked the injectors, and recommended loosening them lines and bleeding them out. I did this, and still, same thing.

At this point she's sitting out on the edge of the woods, and I don't know what my next step should be. Any thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:03 PM
    Thanks
    Water in the fuel?
    Been doing lots of dirty work or bush hogging to where your filter is clogged?
    Got fuel pressure?
    etcallhome, PJR832 and Toughsox like this.
    LGM= Little Green Machine!!
    2018 2025TLB

BB2048L Box blade.
    Imatch quick hitch
    AV20F grapple
    Artillian diverter kit
    3pt tractor receiver hitch
    LR2060L Landscape Rake
    LP1060L Land Plane
    Homemade quick attach forks . http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...uild-soon.html
    *Please Lord give me the strength to add to this list when my wife isnít paying attention*

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:55 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CT_2025R View Post
    I have 38 hrs. on my 2025R, and was doing some work this evening, when the tractor stalled. I knew I had been low on fuel, so I thought I had run out. Filled up the tank, started it, and again it ran for a couple seconds, rather choppy, then stalled. Turned the key to run to prime the fuel system, started again, same thing... ran a couple seconds, sputtering, and stalled. At this point I noticed the oil pressure light was blinking when the key was in the run position, so I let it sit, checked the oil, and was full.

I have the cell phone number of my dealer's service manager, and he was good enough to talk through this with me a bit. He thought I probably airlocked the injectors, and recommended loosening them lines and bleeding them out. I did this, and still, same thing.

At this point she's sitting out on the edge of the woods, and I don't know what my next step should be. Any thoughts?
    sounds like a clogged fuel filter to me.
    PJR832 and Toughsox like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    No very dirty work, I was grading clear land at the time just before failure. All my fuel has been high quality from a new can, and the water separator has shown no sign of the presence of water.

When you say clogged fuel filter, do you mean the filter that is in the water separator bowl or the inline filter? I just have a hard time believing the filter could be bad at 38 hrs with the kind of work I've been doing.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:10 PM
    Thanks
    The filter is easy and cheap to replace, Iíd start there. All it takes is some bad fuel to plug it up. You can at least open it up and take a look at it.
    etcallhome likes this.
    2018 2025r, FEL, 60" autoconnect deck, pallet forks, some other stuff.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,594 Times in 1,309 Posts
    No very dirty work, I was grading clear land at the time just before failure. All my fuel has been high quality from a new can, and the water separator has shown no sign of the presence of water.

When you say clogged fuel filter, do you mean the filter that is in the water separator bowl or the inline filter? I just have a hard time believing the filter could be bad at 38 hrs with the kind of work I've been doing.
    Doesn't matter the age of a filter, you may have gotten some dirty fuel which also means the filter was doing it's job. Change the filter under the floorboard, from the sounds of what you say is going on that's the first thing I would do is change the fuel filters. It's a good practice to always keep extra fuel filters on hand.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PJR832 View Post

Doesn't matter the age of a filter, you may have gotten some dirty fuel which also means the filter was doing it's job. Change the filter under the floorboard, from the sounds of what you say is going on that's the first thing I would do is change the fuel filters. It's a good practice to always keep extra fuel filters on hand.
    Thanks, I'll give it a try
    etcallhome and PJR832 like this.

10. Top | #8
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:48 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,085 Times in 3,015 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PJR832 View Post

#4 and #5
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2025R.png
    Last edited by Gizmo2; 05-25-2019 at 09:24 AM.
    ChrisR, BigJim55 and PJR832 like this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:51 PM
    Thanks
    38 hours, and this happened as you were getting low on fuel. I'd certainly be suspicious of debris, factory or other, in your fuel tank clogging the filter. Or possibly water.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:24 PM
    Thanks
    There is a fuel shutoff on the line to the filter, is it possible itís turned almost off? A trickle would supply enough fuel to start after a period but not enough to run. Perhaps something brushed the lever or you unintentionally bumped it and have it nearly in the off position.
    ChrisR likes this.
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast