Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Tip of the day. 2nd Gen 2025R.

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 02:09 PM
    Thanks

Tip of the day. 2nd Gen 2025R.

Thought Iíd start a thread for some obvious or so maybe not so obvious tips. Iím a new 2025R owner and hate learning the hard way.

My first tip is take the end loader off when taking off the auto connect deck on a 2025. I bent some parts on the front bracket when the end loader parking stand hit it. It sounds like if your careful you can leave the end loader but I wonít chance it.

My second tip is the pins that hold the bottom end loader bucket need to be installed pointing up in there holder when storing them. It doesnít matter with forks but if have them facing the wrong way when installing the bucket you canít get them out to hold the bucket on.

Any other tips I should know about.
    2018 2025r, FEL, 60" autoconnect deck, pallet forks, some other stuff.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 11:53 AM
    Thanks
    I suggested carrying a plastic headed small hammer to tap the nipple on the quick release of the hydraulic lines because sometimes moving the levers does not work

I received the following suggestion

I got this comment suggestion Posted by coaltrain
    Just a suggestion - put a rag over the fitting before tapping. If enough pressure is present it will quickly take your skin off.

I replied Excellent suggest . . . Thanks for sharing

BTW A good idea for a new thread!
    Auguste . . . a blue collar guy working in a white collar world
    Rexton, New Brunswick, Canada

1025r Tractor aka Bucky ~ New in April 2018 ~ 225 hours to date, about 13 hours per month - - - no lawn cutting

Accessories ~ Front End Loader ~ Backhoe ~ Mid-Mounter Mower ~ Box Blade ~ Forks ~ Roto Tiller ~ Chipper ~ Mulch Kit ~ Sub-soil Conditioner ~ Ballast Box ~ Plug Aerator ~ DeThatcher ~ iMatch Quick Hitch ~ Landscape rake

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:43 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,158 Times in 2,313 Posts
    Probably obvious to most - relates to the other post about loader/mower -

If you are going to use the loader, take the mower deck off. Deere engineered this machine to make it dead simple.

If you leave the mower deck on when using the loader, you are paying attention to the loader and not the mower deck. Getting the mower deck in a bind will quickly twist and or break the fragile components that lift the deck. You donít want to find out how expensive those parts are - trust me.

I see so many pics with people using the loader with the deck on. Take the 2 minutes and remove the mower deck! If you canít do it in 2 minutes there is something wrong - practice a few times.

I donít even have that auto connect thing. I always park my tractor with the loader on and deck off. When itís time for mowing I can have the loader off and deck on in less than 5 minutes. Same with the reverse when I am done.
    etcallhome, Jeff B, PJR832 and 6 others like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

5. The Following User Says Thank You to coaltrain For This Useful Post:

Jeff B†(05-27-2019)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:46 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,559 Times in 1,642 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    Probably obvious to most - relates to the other post about loader/mower -

If you are going to use the loader, take the mower deck off. Deere engineered this machine to make it dead simple.

If you leave the mower deck on when using the loader, you are paying attention to the loader and not the mower deck. Getting the mower deck in a bind will quickly twist and or break the fragile components that lift the deck. You don’t want to find out how expensive those parts are - trust me.

I see so many pics with people using the loader with the deck on. Take the 2 minutes and remove the mower deck! If you can’t do it in 2 minutes there is something wrong - practice a few times.

I don’t even have that auto connect thing. I always park my tractor with the loader on and deck off. When it’s time for mowing I can have the loader off and deck on in less than 5 minutes. Same with the reverse when I am done.

Break, bend whatever to a MMM because of OH I DON"T NEED TO TAKE THE MMM OF FOR only 2-3 BUCKETS OF GRAVEL OR DIRT.

The gravel or dirt only cost $50 parts for MMM might cost you $2-500.00

Another tip

If you're not going to use a piece of electrician equipment for a while and it is run by a battery or batteries .. REMOVE the Battery.

I know this and last year failed to disconnect the battery from a electric fence tester.. YEP CORRODED some bad need to replace the 9v holder.

IMO Durcell Batteries are the WORST battery for doing this. I was just looking for a holder , found a old tester I had not used since I retired 11 yrs ago. It had a EverReady 9v battery and it looked like new . No it wasn't connected but battery was still usable.
    Last edited by etcallhome; 05-27-2019 at 12:03 PM.
    coaltrain, PJR832 and Toughsox like this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    11-02-2019 @ 08:41 AM
    Thanks
    I don't have a loader for my second generation 2025r but want one. But now I have to question the skill of the John Deere engineers when contemplating the compatibility of the mower and loader for this tractor. The 1025r has no such conflict between the two attachments. Granted, with the auto-connect mower it is only a few minutes for removal of the mower but that's not the point.

Deere loves to advertise the dual use of these tractors. And, I like the ability to go from task to task not worrying about what attachment has to come off before I can proceed with the next. If this was 1985 perhaps I could understand. But dual compatibility has been a benchmark of the Deere compact tractors since the 655,755,855 and 955 tractors which were introduced in 1986. I had one of the first 855 tractors and there was zero conflict between implements. Of course, we did not have drive over, auto-connect mowers at the time. But again, the 1025r has no such conflict.

I think Deere decided to use the same 120r loader with the same mounting brackets from the 1025r to save money. I have yet to see Deere advertise the conflict between the two attachments requiring removal of the mower before you remove the loader. This is crazy in 2019.

I am sometimes amazed at the brand loyalty that exists here. I enjoy my John Deere products immensely. But when they fall short we shouldn't be so reluctant to call them out on it. John Deere gets a premium price for the new 2025r. Having the loader parking stand hit the mower attaching bracket on a premium priced tractor is ridiculous.

If Deere is reluctant to address the issue in manufacturing a loader for the 2025r then clearly advertise that the mounting and dismounting of the loader is in conflict with the auto-connect mower. Then the customer make make an informed decision on their purchase.

I firmly believe that if all of us "held Deere's feet to the fire" on this they would address the issue. These guys are pretty smart and I would suspect it requires only a slight modification to the parking stand but probably would be specific to the 2025r. SO perhaps they would rather let the customer accept a less enjoyable product that accept the cost of making a slightly different loader for the 2025r. They auto connect mower for the 2025r will NOT fit the 1025r so apparently they accept that the two tractors, while somewhat close and use many common parts, requires different attachments.

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,596 Times in 1,310 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tweivoda View Post

Deere loves to advertise the dual use of these tractors. And, I like the ability to go from task to task not worrying about what attachment has to come off before I can proceed with the next. If this was 1985 perhaps I could understand. But dual compatibility has been a benchmark of the Deere compact tractors since the 655,755,855 and 955 tractors which were introduced in 1986. I had one of the first 855 tractors and there was zero conflict between implements. Of course, we did not have drive over, auto-connect mowers at the time. But again, the 1025r has no such conflict.
    I have yet to see a commercial with a 2025R in it. That said, it's as simple as coaltrain said, the only time my MMM is on is when I'm mowing and when I'm mowing the FEL is not on. It literally takes less than 3 minutes to go from one attachment to the other, and IMO they are not designed to be used at the same time. The somewhat misleading 1 series commercials are targeting a boy named Sue and his wife who probably have a perfect yard and nothing more than mulch to carry in the bucket.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    11-02-2019 @ 08:41 AM
    Thanks
    If Deere can't make the tractor compatible with both the mower and the loader attached at the same time just say so. If you go to Deere's website right now you will see the 2025R equipped with the mower, loader and backhoe all at one time. Now, if you go to Deere's website for the 1025R they specifically promote their "implement compounding improves efficiency" and "allows mounting more than one implement at one time, eliminating implement change over" and "loader, mid mower, backhoe and a number of 3-point hitch implement can be attached at the same time".

Since the 2025R is really just a stretched 1025R with bigger tires and wee bit more hydraulic capacity I think most of us thought the "implement compounding", as Deere calls it, would extend to the 2025R.

In my opinion 2025R owners who purchased the tractor have every right to be annoyed with John Deere that they can't mount the loader and mid mower at the same time. As I stated before, this is a premium priced tractor not an economy model. If Deere can't simply market a slightly different loader that allows the mid mower to stay attached then just say so. Like in their advertising say, "Note, this tractor does not have implement compounding efficiency". Deere even advertises that you can mow with your loader installed on the 2032R and 2038R.

SO, apparently the only member of the 2 series family that you can't have both loader and mower attached at the same time is our beloved 2025R. Slice it anyway you want but in my opinion Deere dropped the ball on this one. A remedy is out their and Deere needs to deal with it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tweivoda For This Useful Post:

Dr Maphesto†(06-03-2019)

12. Top | #8

Last Online
    Today @ 02:09 PM
    Thanks
    I think, but am not 100% sure, when I take the autoconnect deck off, the front draft arms are suppose to stay down. I think mine was clogged with grass or for what ever reason they popped up in the air and the parking stand for the loader caught it. In theory if you didn't have problems they could be on at the same time, although reading on here other people have had the same problem.

In my case I prefer to have the deck off if the end loader is on. This time I put the end loader on first and then took the deck off. I usually park the tractor with the end loader off up near the end loader so in this case I just put it on first. I won't do that again.
    PJR832 likes this.
    2018 2025r, FEL, 60" autoconnect deck, pallet forks, some other stuff.

13. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 12:16 PM
    Thanks
    I can totally agree with comments that if you're using the loader you don't want the MMM on, and vice versa. But it seems odd that my tractor showed up from the dealer with the FEL and MMM attached. The first time I wanted to just use the FEL, I'd have to remove the FEL, remove the MMM, then install the FEL again to avoid the problem some of us have had when backing over the MMM deck. That doesn't seem logical to me. I also have a hard time thinking that Deere designed it so that we'd bend the hell out of some parts on the MMM front connection if we ever tried backing over the deck with the FEL attached.

This weekend I had some time on my hands so I MacGyver'd one of the brackets so it will no longer be a problem. I can now drop the MMM with the FEL attached with no issue with that MMM front arm getting caught on the FEL parking stand. I know to some it seems like a MMM and FEL are an "either or" situation, and I agree with that from a usage perspective, but I have limited room in my garage so it's easier for me to just keep them both hooked up and then drop whichever one I don't need for my next task. If I had more room, then I'd probably just have the FEL or MMM mounted and store the other out of the way.

-Steve
    PJR832 likes this.
    2025R Gen 2
    60D MMM and 120R FEL
    Z535R
    Frontier RT1149 Tiller
    Frontier CA2048E Aerator
    Frontier BB2048L Box Blade
    Artillian Diverter
    EA Wicked 55" Grapple
    Heavy Hitch Front/Rear weight bracket
    Incredibly supportive wife (items not listed in priority order)

14. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,596 Times in 1,310 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenmc001 View Post

This weekend I had some time on my hands so I MacGyver'd one of the brackets so it will no longer be a problem. I can now drop the MMM with the FEL attached with no issue with that MMM front arm getting caught on the FEL parking stand. I know to some it seems like a MMM and FEL are an "either or" situation, and I agree with that from a usage perspective, but I have limited room in my garage so it's easier for me to just keep them both hooked up and then drop whichever one I don't need for my next task.

-Steve
    I understand completely on the limited storage, when I had my 1023 I had this issue. So at the end of every day I'd put the MMM back on and park it in the garage, when I got my 2025 I put up a shelter logic shed so now my MMM is kept in there. With a minor adjustment to the draft arm stop that everyone is bending mine will clear enough to back off without catching. It still rubs on the park stand but not enough to catch. My tractor was delivered the same way as yours was, the very first thing I did was back off the MMM so I could take it up to our equipment shed with the pallet forks (my tractor was delivered mid March) I remember hearing something but at that time I couldn't figure out what it was. I was fortunate looking back on that day, I figured it out about 6 weeks later when I brought the MMM out of storage. Is it a design flaw, probably I'd agree with that, if you have limited storage I can still see where this would a problem, but a storage issue is probably the only way I can see this as a problem.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast