Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: WR Long Third Function Valve Installation with JD Power Beyond Kit

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-29-2019 @ 04:48 PM
    Thanks

WR Long Third Function Valve Installation with JD Power Beyond Kit

I have a 2038R with the dealer installed power beyond kit installed for my backhoe. I now am trying to install the WR Long third function for my soon to be here wicked grapple. I have to connect one hose (72") to the loader valve where the pipe for the power beyond kit currently is attached. No problem there. However the other hose is too short to reach where the other end of the tube goes at the rear of the tractor. So I either need to get a longer hose made and remove the tube or I use the short hose and use an adapter to connect to the end of the tube that was connected to the loader valve assuming I can flex the tube far enough out of the way to connect the hose. Has anyone else done this? Any recommendations? I've never worked with hydraulics before.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2286.JPG   IMG_2287.JPG  
    2019 2038R, 220 loader, 270B Backhoe, BB2060 Box Blade, JD Power Beyond Kit, HD Light kit. JD Long Third Function Kit, EA Wicked 55 Grapple

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:03 AM
    Thanks
    Robfisch, I installed the WR Long 3rd function kit on my 2017 2038R and the hoses provided in the kit work perfectly as is. I don't think you are making the connections as required by the kit instructions and thus you are having this difficulty.

Have you seen my video on the kit installation? Maybe this would help. Pay particular attention from 2:00 thru 3:13 on the video. Otherwise, send me a PM and we can exchange phone numbers and maybe work it out via phone or Facetime if you have an iPhone.

Installing WR Long 3rd Function Hydraulics on 2017 John Deere 2038R - YouTube

Sincerely
    Last edited by HomesteadJoe; 05-30-2019 at 08:11 AM.
    BadAss 2038R, R3s, R4s, Spacers, Eng & Tranny Heaters, LEDs, Cages, Fender Flares, Front Fenders, iMatch, Heavy Hitch, Hitch-N-Can, 800# Quick Tach Weights, 220R Loader, Single Point Hyd, 57" HD Bucket, WR Long Tooth Bar & 3rd Function Hyd, 55" Wicked Root Rake Grapple, 270B Backhoe, 72D MMM, Front 3 pt Hitch, 366 FMB Blade, PHD300 Post Hole Digger w\ Auger Set, LR2172 Landscape Rake w/gage Wheels, RB2072 Rear Blade, BB2072 Box Blade, AP12F Pallet Forks, EA 72" Pine Needle Rake, Fit-Rite TNT

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks Joe. I've sent you a PM and maybe with your help I'll get it figured out.
    2019 2038R, 220 loader, 270B Backhoe, BB2060 Box Blade, JD Power Beyond Kit, HD Light kit. JD Long Third Function Kit, EA Wicked 55 Grapple

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    So I finally got a chance to look at the schematics for the power beyond and there is a T fitting on the return port on the top of the case which is Item number two in the attachment and it looks like that’s where your hose should attach from the WR long third function hydraulics. Check and see if that fitting is installed. If not, your dealer owes it to you. Let me know what you find.

Sincerely
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6B87E36B-2601-4AF6-A5DB-06C567D78423_1559601573486.jpeg  
    BadAss 2038R, R3s, R4s, Spacers, Eng & Tranny Heaters, LEDs, Cages, Fender Flares, Front Fenders, iMatch, Heavy Hitch, Hitch-N-Can, 800# Quick Tach Weights, 220R Loader, Single Point Hyd, 57" HD Bucket, WR Long Tooth Bar & 3rd Function Hyd, 55" Wicked Root Rake Grapple, 270B Backhoe, 72D MMM, Front 3 pt Hitch, 366 FMB Blade, PHD300 Post Hole Digger w\ Auger Set, LR2172 Landscape Rake w/gage Wheels, RB2072 Rear Blade, BB2072 Box Blade, AP12F Pallet Forks, EA 72" Pine Needle Rake, Fit-Rite TNT

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HomesteadJoe View Post
    So I finally got a chance to look at the schematics for the power beyond and there is a T fitting on the return port on the top of the case which is Item number two in the attachment and it looks like that’s where your hose should attach from the WR long third function hydraulics. Check and see if that fitting is installed. If not, your dealer owes it to you. Let me know what you find.

Sincerely
    Please disregard my prior post on this thread. Upon further review, I realized your issue is on the pressure side, not the return side. I got that mixed up. My bad! Further research is required.... Stand by....

Sincerely
    Last edited by HomesteadJoe; 06-04-2019 at 09:58 AM.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks

Sincerely

Sincerely
    Please disregard my prior post on this thread. Upon further review, I realized your issue is on the pressure side, not the return side. I got that mixed up. My bad! Further research is required.... Stand by....

Sincerely
    Either way you describe will work. It’s a matter of execution. You should ask the nice folks at WR Long for their advice and a free hose and fittings so you can get their kit to work as advertised. I’m surprised they haven’t run into this before. Give them a call. I’m sure they will help you.

If it was me, I might order the shorter hard line that comes with the dual rear SCV kit and connect to it with a straight adapter fitting.

Let me know which way you go. Either way will work.

Sincerely

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    I looked to see if I could disconnect the PB line from the loader valve and hook up the hose to it. Unfortunately there is not enough room to do it. Maybe I can get the other PB line (LVA21678) that would go to the 3rd SCV and connect the hose to it. Otherwise I just get another hose. I’ll tackle it next week.
    HomesteadJoe likes this.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by robfisch View Post
    I looked to see if I could disconnect the PB line from the loader valve and hook up the hose to it. Unfortunately there is not enough room to do it. Maybe I can get the other PB line (LVA21678) that would go to the 3rd SCV and connect the hose to it. Otherwise I just get another hose. I’ll tackle it next week.
    I contacted WR Long and explained that there is no rear SCV option installed on this tractor. They responded by saying they design the kit based on the tractor they have available, which in this case must have had the rear SCV kit installed. I told them that what was needed was a longer line to reach all the way back to the PB male Ag coupler in the back. They said they would gladly make up a new longer line and ship it. However, they need to know how long to make it and what fitting to install on the end where it connects to the coupler. So if you could provide that info, they will gladly provide a line free of charge. Let me know your thoughts on providing this info. Call me if you need help figuring this out.

Sincerely
    Kennyd likes this.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HomesteadJoe For This Useful Post:

Kennyd (06-10-2019)

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Joe - Thanks so much for the help. Unfortunately I already went this morning and had my PB line shortened and bought a longer hose. I got that part hooked up and looks good. Now I need to attach the front hoses to the FEL and although EA said it comes with a bracket to attach the hoses to the FEL it is just a flat bracket with two holes that I don't think are designed for JD. I've sent a message to EA about it. I'd like to attach like you showed in the video but I'd need to fabricate another bracket to do that. I'll see what EA says.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2298.JPG   IMG_2299.JPG  

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by robfisch View Post
    Joe - Thanks so much for the help. Unfortunately I already went this morning and had my PB line shortened and bought a longer hose. I got that part hooked up and looks good. Now I need to attach the front hoses to the FEL and although EA said it comes with a bracket to attach the hoses to the FEL it is just a flat bracket with two holes that I don't think are designed for JD. I've sent a message to EA about it. I'd like to attach like you showed in the video but I'd need to fabricate another bracket to do that. I'll see what EA says.
    Glad to see you’re making progress. My kit did not come with any mounting plate for the hoses. I got mine at tractor Supply and modified it to fit. Looking forward to seeing your end result. Attached photo shows how it looked on my tractor before I added the bracket and after adding the bracket.

Sincerely
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 533F6D97-46E2-4AC0-A973-4C2B4633BC5A_1560252286417.jpeg   FD3EE4D5-B9EF-4E11-9C02-5C0F19432E4B_1560252343671.jpeg  
    Last edited by HomesteadJoe; 06-11-2019 at 07:25 AM.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast