John Deere 655- three point hitch will not move up or down

Thread: John Deere 655- three point hitch will not move up or down

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-06-2019 @ 07:20 PM
    Thanks

John Deere 655- three point hitch will not move up or down

Greetings,
    My John Deere 655 (3 cylinder Yanmar diesel, hydrostatic) three point hitch is stuck in the up position. It went from working just fine to not working at all. I check the fluid level and it was empty (did not register on dip stick). I changed the filter and added new HY-GARD transmission and hydraulic oil. Three point still in stuck position. When I move the lever, I can hear the arms on the three point trying to work (high pitch sound coming from rear), but, does not. I need some assistance if anyone has knowledge on this tractor.
    Thank you
    Pete

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    11-13-2019 @ 09:36 AM
    Thanks
    I have the same 655 and you stated that you changed the fluid and filter. Could it be possible that there may be an air pocket?
    1986 John Deere 655 CUT
    60 Series FEL
    380 60" Front Blade
    50" Mid mount mower
    47" Two stage snowblower
    60" Land Pride LR1660 Landscaping Rake

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RLTherio For This Useful Post:

Phout (06-06-2019)

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 07:38 AM
    Thanks
    Good afternoon,

I too have a 655 but haven’t encountered this (yet). I echo previous comments - ensure all air is out of the system and that you have filled the sump with the correct amount of fluid (should register on the stick). I’d also close and open the rate of drop valve and then lower the rock shaft level as you tomorrow would to lower the 3pt hitch and then with the machine off gently press down on the lift arms and see if she’ll budge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1986 John Deere 655 MFWD, 54-Inch Mid-Mount Mower, 47-Inch Two-Stage Snowblower

2019 John Deere 2025R, 120R Loader, 54-Inch AutoConnect Mower, 54-Inch Two-Stage Snowblower, iMatch Ballast Box

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere655 For This Useful Post:

Phout (06-06-2019)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Thanks
    You might check the "rate of rise" knob under the front of the seat. If that gets turned too far, the 3pt will not drop. That happened to my neighbor on his Kubota. He was fiddling around with things and turned that knob, then called me because his 3pt arms would not drop.

Dave
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ddinham For This Useful Post:

Phout (06-06-2019)

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements