• 2 Post By OxPath
  • 3 Post By Hotfeet

Thread: 2320 fuel gauge stuck on full

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    08-02-2019 @ 03:20 PM
    Thanks

2320 fuel gauge stuck on full

Ok, I overfilled the tank accidentally and Iíve been on hilly terrain. Iím guessing the float got pushed too far up and got stuck. I canít locate the float on the parts diagram. Iíve read a post by jdfun who had the same problem and in it he said he was able to push the float down manually. I just canít locate the sucker. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. Can anyone show me the the float on a diagram. The only float I found listed was the one on the fuel filter. Gauge is stuck on full.

In other news I finally got water to my shop build site. A plumber quoted me $8000 to run 500ft of 2
    ď pvc line with 2 freezeless faucets. Not having $8000 dollars I decided to do it myself. Since then iíve discovered why he wanted so much money. Rock and shale. Lol Rented an excavator and semi-taught myself how to use it. Rock piles every where. Sanded the ditch, hired a different plumber to lay the line ( I canít work on my feet because of Small Fiber Neuropathy). More sand on top and filled back in with rocks and a little dirt. Been using my 2320 with a 48Ē frontier power rake to clean up all the left over rocks. Thank you power rake. Those things are amazing. Extra rock is now lining my drainage ditches. Got it done for $3600 and kept the rest in my pocket. Boy, I love working on this tractor. Itís seriously the only time I donít think about my legs and feet hurting. Great diversion therapy. If I could fish from it Iíd be in heaven. Dang, just got an idea. Build a pond with the tractor and troll from the banks on on the green machine. Time to go give 2320 her first bath on site.

PS Our local JD dealer Maus implements went under water during the Arkansas River flooding but managed to continue services thei customers from other location. Way to go green guys and gals.
    Gizmo2, DRobinson, rtgt and 1 others like this.
    2009 JD 2320, 200cx FEL, bucket with Piranha teeth, ballast box, 4í Frontier cutter, PR1160 power rake, forklift, I-match, not a lick of common-sense.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:33 PM
    Thanks
    The gauge is labeled a "Fuel Sender" on the parts diagram. In a shopping cart, it appears as "Fuel Pickup - Gauge."

#28 in the parts diagram. It looks to me like it could be jiggled with a piece of clean wire.

Click image for larger version.†

Name:	SenderDiagram.jpg†
Views:	9†
Size:	67.0 KB†
ID:	690744

Name:	Sender.jpg†
Views:	57†
Size:	45.8 KB†
ID:	690746
    glc, Gizmo2, DRobinson and 3 others like this.
    - Phil -
    LT160 Garden Tractor
    3320 eHydro - 300CX Loader - 72" HLA SnowPusher 2500 - TSC Post Hole Digger - BB2172 Box Blade
    John Deere 26G Compact Excavator - 18" HD bucket - 30" ditching bucket - PA15B 12" planetary drive auger
    Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks - Artillian 42" Forks - Edge Tamers

4. The Following User Says Thank You to OxPath For This Useful Post:

Hotfeet†(06-14-2019)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OxPath View Post
    The gauge is labeled a "Fuel Sender" on the parts diagram. In a shopping cart, it appears as "Fuel Pickup - Gauge."

#28 in the parts diagram. It looks to me like it could be jiggled with a piece of clean wire.

Name:	SenderDiagram.jpg†
Views:	9†
Size:	67.0 KB†
ID:	690744

Name:	Sender.jpg†
Views:	57†
Size:	45.8 KB†
ID:	690746
    Thanks, I saw that but it had nothing on it resembling what I thought a float would look like. Iíll check it out and post the results. Iím guessing that block looking thing at the lower end of that wire/rod is the float.
    rtgt likes this.
    2009 JD 2320, 200cx FEL, bucket with Piranha teeth, ballast box, 4í Frontier cutter, PR1160 power rake, forklift, I-match, not a lick of common-sense.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotfeet View Post
    Thanks, I saw that but it had nothing on it resembling what I thought a float would look like. Iíll check it out and post the results. Iím guessing that block looking thing at the lower end of that wire/rod is the float.
    Ran a piece of bent wire down the tank in the direction of fuel sender float. When I pushed down on it the gauge responded and dropped but always popped right back up to full when I let go. Canít actually see whatís going on down there. Going to bring it to my house in town to further investigate. I need to grease the u-joints again anyways. Just did them a couple of months ago but iíve been wracking up the hours lately. Iíve put more hours on this machine in 6 months than the previous owner did in 9 years. Beats working on my throbbing feet.

Caught some old wire fencing in the power rake today. Fun, fun, fun pulling it out for over an hour.
    rtgt, OxPath and BigJim55 like this.

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=Hotfeet;3279780]Ok, I overfilled the tank accidentally and Iíve been on hilly terrain. Iím guessing the float got pushed too far up and got stuck. I canít locate the float on the parts diagram. Iíve read a post by jdfun who had the same problem and in it he said he was able to push the float down manually. I just canít locate the sucker. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. Can anyone show me the the float on a diagram. The only float I found listed was the one on the fuel filter. Gauge is stuck on full.

In other news I finally got water to my shop build site. A plumber quoted me $8000 to run 500ft of 2
    ď pvc line with 2 freezeless faucets. Not having $8000 dollars I decided to do it myself. Since then iíve discovered why he wanted so much money. Rock and shale. Lol Rented an excavator and semi-taught myself how to use it. Rock piles every where. Sanded the ditch, hired a different plumber to lay the line ( I canít work on my feet because of Small Fiber Neuropathy). More sand on top and filled back in with rocks and a little dirt. Been using my 2320 with a 48Ē frontier power rake to clean up all the left over rocks. Thank you power rake. Those things are amazing. Extra rock is now lining my drainage ditches. Got it done for $3600 and kept the rest in my pocket. Boy, I love working on this tractor. Itís seriously the only time I donít think about my legs and feet hurting. Great diversion therapy. If I could fish from it Iíd be in heaven. Dang, just got an idea. Build a pond with the tractor and troll from the banks on on the green machine. Time to go give 2320 her first bath on site.

PS Our local JD dealer Maus implements went under water during the Arkansas River flooding but managed to continue services thei customers from other location. Way to go green guys and gals.[/QUO

Pulled the float unit part #28. Had some rust at the top. Cleaned it, lubed and stuck it back. Worked outside the tank and as I was lowering it into the tank. Reads full but my tank is full so Iíll see if itís cured later.
    rtgt, OxPath and BigJim55 like this.

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:33 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks for the follow-up! Let us know if your repair cured the problem.
    Gizmo2 and rtgt like this.
    - Phil -
    LT160 Garden Tractor
    3320 eHydro - 300CX Loader - 72" HLA SnowPusher 2500 - TSC Post Hole Digger - BB2172 Box Blade
    John Deere 26G Compact Excavator - 18" HD bucket - 30" ditching bucket - PA15B 12" planetary drive auger
    Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks - Artillian 42" Forks - Edge Tamers

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Will do as soon as I run some diesel out of it. Got milky transmission fluid in the view window so I need to fix that first, but thatís going to be in a new post asking for help.
    Gizmo2, BigJim55 and raco232 like this.

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Problem cured. I guess pulling it out, cleaning and lubing a little did the trick. Will be filling after each use to avoid condensation in the tank from now on.

12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements