Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Hydraulic fluid change sucks.

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 07:10 PM
    Thanks

Hydraulic fluid change sucks.

Maybe itís just me but I just did the 50 hour hydraulic change on my 2025r and it was a pain in the Aztecs. Took maybe 4 hours total.

First problem, the filter. I pulled the mid PTO just to get at it. Then itís a smooth filter, no flutes. Then some guy with tree trunk arms put it on. It looked like it went through a wood chipper by the time I got it off.

Second problem. The screen. There is a short section of hose that is suppose to come off so you can pull the elbow off that holds the suction screen in. This rubber hose is to short and not flexible enough to come off, so I just pried like crazy and it came off with the elbow. It would be easier to cut the hose and get a new one but you still have to get it back together.

Third problem. Getting the mid PTO back on. It has to pivot up and down and there are some bearings that allow this. The bolts that hold it on go through these bearings. The problem is when you bolt it back up it tends to pop on of these out. I got it back together but itís not right.

Rant over, any tips to make this easier next time?
    wildbranch2007 and mike01 like this.
    2018 2025r, FEL, 60" autoconnect deck, pallet forks, some other stuff.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 09:03 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgeman View Post
    Maybe itís just me but I just did the 50 hour hydraulic change on my 2025r and it was a pain in the Aztecs. Took maybe 4 hours total.

First problem, the filter. I pulled the mid PTO just to get at it. Then itís a smooth filter, no flutes. Then some guy with tree trunk arms put it on. It looked like it went through a wood chipper by the time I got it off.

Second problem. The screen. There is a short section of hose that is suppose to come off so you can pull the elbow off that holds the suction screen in. This rubber hose is to short and not flexible enough to come off, so I just pried like crazy and it came off with the elbow. It would be easier to cut the hose and get a new one but you still have to get it back together.

Third problem. Getting the mid PTO back on. It has to pivot up and down and there are some bearings that allow this. The bolts that hold it on go through these bearings. The problem is when you bolt it back up it tends to pop on of these out. I got it back together but itís not right.

Take it to a buddy thatís a mechanic. Thatís what i did I still helped him though. It is a pain. I did it on my 1025.

If I remember right the new 2025 says nothing about the 50 hours like the older machines So Iím still undecided if I will do it or not.
    LGM= Little Green Machine!!
    2018 2025TLB

BB2048L Box blade.
    Imatch quick hitch
    AV20F grapple
    Artillian diverter kit
    3pt tractor receiver hitch
    LR2060L Landscape Rake
    LP1060L Land Plane
    Homemade quick attach forks . http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...uild-soon.html
    *Please Lord give me the strength to add to this list when my wife isnít paying attention*

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    I was a little unsure if it’s required or not. I don’t think it is. There was some fine metal and some chunks of something else on the screen. I drug some of it out the hole with a rag. It was probably ok till 200 hours.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 10:19 PM
    Thanks
    I recently changed my hydro oil too. I used a chain wrench (available on Amazon) to take off and put on the new filters. Without that tool, it would have been very difficult.
    BigJim55 and wildbranch2007 like this.
    4066R open station

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    11-02-2019 @ 08:41 AM
    Thanks
    Tractor Time With Tim has a many excellent videos to help with chores like changing the hydraulic oil. Here is one that I found very helpful:

Deere 1025r/1023e 50/200 hr Hydraulic Oil Change without left wheel removal - YouTube

I know the video is for the 1 series tractors but I found it just as useful for when I changed the hydraulic oil on my 2025r.
    Last edited by tweivoda; 06-15-2019 at 07:16 PM.
    glc, Maddog, BigJim55 and 2 others like this.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tweivoda For This Useful Post:

Tractor Tim†(06-18-2019)

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:30 PM
    Thanks

Hydraulic fluid change sucks.

Itís a time consuming process. Doing mine today until I realized they gave me the wrong hydraulic filter. Got the engine oil changed and air filters changed. Guess Iíll have to wait on hydraulic fluid change until Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cheesetrain; 06-15-2019 at 09:48 PM.
    glc and BigJim55 like this.
    1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    I’ll have to get a chain wrench. I had one with a rubber strap and snapped the rubber strap.
    DeereBoots likes this.

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    Today @ 02:55 PM
    Thanks

Yes, sell the belly mower and hook up eliminating the issues you just described and buy a deer riding mower to cut grass with. I've got about an acre of lawn and my almost twenty year old lawn mower still works like new and is used for pulling trailers for prunings etc and lots of stuff. Much easier to manuver around than a 1 or 2 series tractor and bangs my head on tree branchs much less. My tractors are used as tractors

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    I donít really have room to store another machine and parts of my yard are hilly so the 4 wheel drive and ROPS is nice.
    BigJim55 and bvbearcat like this.

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    Today @ 10:24 PM
    Thanks
    Iíll have to get a chain wrench. I had one with a rubber strap and snapped the rubber strap.
    The actual filter removal will never be that hard again, it seems the new ones (and oil filters) are all very difficult- no lube on the seal and way over tightened-some seem painted on. Once you have replaced it, it should be a lot easier next time!
    Treefarmer likes this.
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast