• 2 Post By jdforever
  • 2 Post By PJR832

Thread: New 2025r rear htich issue?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 11:37 AM
    Thanks

New 2025r rear htich issue?

Not really an issue I dont think?...just something I'm trying to figure out. New 2025r, delivered with an imatch hitch and weight box. Yesterday I tried taking the box off and thats where I have trouble. I can raise and lower the box just fine. When I tried to take the box off, I could drop the box on the ground, flip up the levers on the imatch, back cant get the hitch arms to drop lower. I managed to do it once, by messing with the top link but I'm not entirely sure if that was what did the trick. Anyways...is there an adjustment somewhere that I'm missing. I even tried hopping up and down on the hitch arms and it wouldn't drop. Could the imatch hitch just be too tightly fit and in need of just breaking in some?
    Last edited by MJFlores; 06-16-2019 at 11:58 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 01:21 PM
    Thanks
    I’d try changing the length of the top link. My guess is make it longer.
    jdforever and PJR832 like this.
    2018 2025r, FEL, 60" autoconnect deck, pallet forks, some other stuff.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 08:00 AM
    Thanks
    Have you adjusted these in the picture?
    I know I’ve had problems with some implements like the box blade and some implements work fine. I had better luck when the imatch was level when an implement was touching the ground.
    With the box blade I found myself coming down and then tapping reverse a little. Sometimes back forward and then reverse

You need to also get you one of these Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 65477B06-1CD5-4A91-9E03-56B8261F77A3.jpeg   296AE42B-1F9F-4327-A86F-7152C1C29610.jpeg  
    LGM= Little Green Machine!!
    2018 2025TLB

BB2048L Box blade.
    Imatch quick hitch
    AV20F grapple
    Artillian diverter kit
    3pt tractor receiver hitch
    LR2060L Landscape Rake
    LP1060L Land Plane
    Homemade quick attach forks . http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...uild-soon.html
    *Please Lord give me the strength to add to this list when my wife isn’t paying attention*

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:13 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,201 Times in 2,351 Posts
    It’s probably hung up on the top hook.

On my iMatch I had to loosen the bolts, then hold the hook rearward, then tighten the bolts. There is only 1/8”-1/4” of movement but it makes a difference. And be prepared - those bolts/nuts are tight!

I installed pins and keepers on mine then. The pins are a little less in diameter than the bolts and allows the hook to move a little bit. Another option is to buy a new hook from Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks <<JD iMatch Accessories>>
    jdforever and PJR832 like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 11:37 AM
    Thanks
    I did make sure to move the lever stop out of the way, but havent messed with the drop speed adjustment..under the seat. Could that be in? The rear seemsto drop plenty fast. Is the Bolt on iMatch top hook likely to solve the issue? If so I'd buy one for sure. The iMatch was supposed to be so nice, I'm a little disappointed in the trouble it's causing.
    PJR832 likes this.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MJFlores View Post
    I did make sure to move the lever stop out of the way, but havent messed with the drop speed adjustment..under the seat. Could that be in? The rear seemsto drop plenty fast. Is the Bolt on iMatch top hook likely to solve the issue? If so I'd buy one for sure. The iMatch was supposed to be so nice, I'm a little disappointed in the trouble it's causing.
    More than likely the answer is in the top link adjustment. Even with Kenny's extended hook, if there is pressure on the hook, you will have trouble releasing your implement. Lower your implement until it touches the ground and then move the lever a little more toward zero. At this point, shorten or lengthen the top link to remove pressure on the hook. Now push the lever even further toward zero and it should release and drop. This has always worked for me. Hopefully it works for you.
    North585 and PJR832 like this.
    Greg

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!

2018 JD 1025R FEL /Mauser cab / 53" Bucket/Heavy hitch tooth bar / I-Match / Kenny's extended hook / JD ballast box / Loader mounted JD 54" snow plow/9" wings / Artillian 36" pallet fork set / Woods RTR48.30 tiller & LRS60 landscape rake / Howes 48" box blade /Heavy Hitch receiver/weight bracket / Heavy Hitch ripper/middle plow/subsoiler / Dual Alpena Hex Fire rear led lights / Bora 2" spacers / Land Pride CA1548 core aerator

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:15 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MJFlores View Post
    As mentioned, there are sometimes some minor top link adjustments or even as simple as a little pressure with the forward/reverse pedals, once you get more used to it you'll understand that the iMATCH is worth it. Not many things are going to be flawless every single time.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdforever View Post
    More than likely the answer is in the top link adjustment. Even with Kenny's extended hook, if there is pressure on the hook, you will have trouble releasing your implement. Lower your implement until it touches the ground and then move the lever a little more toward zero. At this point, shorten or lengthen the top link to remove pressure on the hook. Now push the lever even further toward zero and it should release and drop. This has always worked for me. Hopefully it works for you.
    What he said. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Don't get frustrated, you'll get it with more experience.
    North585 and jdforever like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements