• 1 Post By mark02tj
  • 2 Post By HomesteadJoe

Thread: Front Receiver Hitch

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    11-08-2019 @ 11:36 PM
    Thanks

Front Receiver Hitch

Does anyone know of a receiver system to use on the front of my tractor? Makes it easier to push my log splitter into the forest.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:20 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,133 Times in 2,576 Posts
    Instead of using your name in the subject line, put something in there about your thread topic...

Also we need to know what tractor you have?

I'll change it for you.
    Gizmo2 likes this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 09:02 PM
    Thanks
    Welcome Stephen!

It might help to know what tractor you have. BUT, since I went back to your first couple of posts, I see that you have a 2025. You can add that kind of information to your signature file so it shows up in all your posts. Or, if you're asking a question about something, just tell us what kind of tractor you have.

Assuming you have a front end loader (FEL), you have a few choices. There are a couple of fork frames that have a receiver hitch built in. I have an Artillian that has one built in. There are imported brands as well.

You can also find a purpose built receiver adapter to go on your FEL frame - like this imported one.

Be aware - there are big differences in cost between the Artillian and the imported ones (Palletforks.com/Titan), but there are also big differences in quality. I have the trailer mover I linked to. It's supposed to be flat... but it's not. You get what you pay for.
    greenharley likes this.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:45 PM
    Thanks
    I have both a Titan front 3 point hitch adaptor plate with 2" receiver which is similar to the one described above Titan 3-Point Adapter Plate and Trailer Hitch, Made To Fit John Deere Hook and P, and the Artillian pallet fork frame with 2" receiver Artillian John Deere QA Pallet Fork Sets. The Titan adaptor is a solid plate with the receiver welded on the front side. The problem with using this adaptor is that you cannot see through it so when trying to hook-up to trailers, you cannot see where the ball is in relation to the coupler on the trailer when seated in the operator station. This requires constantly getting on and off the tractor to see if you are anywhere near close. The Artillian frame you can see through and is significantly easier to use, so unless you have a need for a front 3 point hitch adaptor on your loader, I would go with the Artillian fork frame. Just my opinion. Below is a photo of the Titan front 3 point hitch adaptor plate with a snow plow blade installed. It works good for this type of application where I can just leave the adaptor plate installed on the plow and connect whenever I need to.

Sincerely
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6774B582-B99B-4E3D-A4E9-F6659508EF49_1561378862010.jpeg  
    Last edited by HomesteadJoe; 06-24-2019 at 08:30 AM.
    mark02tj and greenharley like this.
    BadAss 2038R, R3s, R4s, Spacers, Eng & Tranny Heaters, LEDs, Cages, Fender Flares, Front Fenders, iMatch, Heavy Hitch, Hitch-N-Can, 800# Quick Tach Weights, 220R Loader, Single Point Hyd, 57" HD Bucket, WR Long Tooth Bar & 3rd Function Hyd, 55" Wicked Root Rake Grapple, 270B Backhoe, 72D MMM, Front 3 pt Hitch, 366 FMB Blade, PHD300 Post Hole Digger w\ Auger Set, LR2172 Landscape Rake w/gage Wheels, RB2072 Rear Blade, BB2072 Box Blade, AP12F Pallet Forks, EA 72" Pine Needle Rake, Fit-Rite TNT

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements