Gen1 2032R filter and other help needed.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Gen1 2032R filter and other help needed.

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    11-11-2019 @ 10:51 AM
    Thanks

Gen1 2032R filter and other help needed.

HI all.
    Asking this for a buddy who just bought a 2016 2032R with 58 hours.

He wants to do a full service, since the PO never did.
    Hydro fluid, oil, filters, etc.
    The PO has all the add on manuals (mower and loader), but not the tractors manual so Ive been trying to find him one a bit cheaper than new from Deere, like a used one from a tractor someone sold, because hes going to need that.

First issue.
    The "filter overview" shows a hydraulic filter and a transmission filter.
    Is this correct?
    The dealer seemed confused when he asked about this. Might be a good idea to post the known correct part numbers if anyone has them handy.
    Seems when I searched, I could find the same picture here, but there still seemed to be some confusion about what appears to be a cartridge filter for the hydraulic fluid.
    It looks to me like that is the only filter he needs, and not the spin on type filter. The dealer thought he needed both.
    The tractor has two spin on filters on or VERY near the engine, one is the engine oil obviously, the other, not sure. Fuel? Seems an odd place for a hydraulic filter, but it could be. Didnt get that good a look at it when I was there.

Second issue.
    The mower deck. It just about drags the ground when in the fully raised position. This isnt right.
    Now, he doesnt plan to use it, but would like to know how to get it working as it should.
    Is all that covered in the OM for the mower?
    Does the deck itself or a part of the mount have a transport position or latch?
    Related.
    Would you guys remove all parts associated with the mower if not using it for extended periods?
    It seems that the arms still hang low with it off, so I advised him to remove them too.

Id have him just join the forum and ask but hes not really an internet kinda guy.
    Last edited by IndianaJim; 07-03-2019 at 12:19 PM.
    Jim B.

318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:10 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 1,289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJim View Post
    HI all.
    Asking this for a buddy who just bought a 2016 2032R with 58 hours.

He wants to do a full service, since the PO never did.
    Hydro fluid, oil, filters, etc.
    The PO has all the add on manuals (mower and loader), but not the tractors manual so Ive been trying to find him one a bit cheaper than new from Deere, like a used one from a tractor someone sold, because hes going to need that.

First issue.
    Is this correct?
    The dealer seemed confused when he asked about this. Might be a good idea to post the known correct part numbers if anyone has them handy.
    Seems when I searched, I could find the same picture here, but there still seemed to be some confusion about what appears to be a cartridge filter for the hydraulic fluid.
    It looks to me like that is the only filter he needs, and not the can type filter. The dealer thought he needed both.
    The tractor has two spin on filters, one is the engine oil, the other, not sure. Fuel? Seems an odd place for a hydraulic filter, but it could be. Didnt get that good a look at it when I was there.
    I wouldn't get too hung up on the appearance of the filter in the illustrations. Sometimes the artist gets confused as to what certain filters look like. :-)

JD Parts lists the following filters for the Gen-1 2032R:

M806419 - spin-on engine oil filter
    M131802 - primary engine air filter
    M131803 - secondary engine air filter
    MIU800645 - spin-on fuel filter (located above and to the left of water separator)
    M811032 - water separator fuel filter screen (Plastic screen can be easily cleaned unless it is damaged)
    LVU800097 - spin-on hydraulic oil filter (located under the tractor on transaxle housing)

Note: All of these filters are NOT included in the so-called "Filter Kit".

Second issue.
    The mower deck. It just about drags the ground when in the fully raised position. This isnt right.
    Now, he doesnt plan to use it, but would like to know how to get it working as it should.
    It sounds like he has the standard mechanical lift system which, is linked to the 3PH lift arms and only raises the deck slightly. I don't have a MMM on mine so I can't comment if there are any adjustments. If there are, it would likely be in the operator's manual for the MMM.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 12:39 PM
    Thanks
    Here is a link to the an online tractor owners manual.

OMLVU26876
    Kioti CK3510SE HST, Kioti KL4030 Loader, John Deere 655 Tiller, Frontier LR2072 Landscape Rake, Virnig V50 Pallet Forks, Woods GB60 Box Blade
    John Deere X739 AWS 4X4, 60HC Auto Connect Deck, Front grader blade.
    John Deere 825i Gator

John Deere Tractors I have owned in the past.
    425 AWS, 455, 4400, 2210, 4710, 2320, 2720, X475, 1026R, 4120, 2025R

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    07-03-2019 @ 01:03 PM
    Thanks

Are you asking about the basic owner's manual or the technical service manual for the tractor? There is really no reason to keep either of them if you sell the machine but you may luck out somewhere finding a slightly more reasonable copy of the TSM. Someone may upload the whole file. That being said it will probably be worth the one time investment to purchase it, regardless of source.

First issue.
    Is this correct?

Yes. There is a small suction screen/filter that is just below and to the right of the rear output PTO in its own housing. There is also a spin on filter underneath the tractor on the right hand side; very near the mid mount PTO. They spin on is black if they're from Deere so maybe it's hiding in plain sight if you aren't crawling underneath to actually take a good look. The screen, which houses magnets, needs to be cleaned but not replaced. The spin on obviously gets swapped out. If memory serves my spin on also had magnets in it but don't quote me on that. Spin on transmission filter is LVU800097. The suction screen is M807578 and is pretty expensive I think.

It looks to me like that is the only filter he needs, and not the spin on type filter. The dealer thought he needed both. ,
    The tractor has two spin on filters on or VERY near the engine, one is the engine oil obviously, the other, not sure. Fuel? Seems an odd place for a hydraulic filter, but it could be. Didnt get that good a look at it when I was there.

The two spin on filters near the engine are engine oil and fuel. There is also a fuel strainer in the clear bowl right by the fuel spin on. You might need to clarify that it is a Gen1 to the dealer as a few things are adjusted with the Gen2. I know that your header has it so I am not trying to be condescending; I have had the issue recently with my local dealer asking about parts.

Second issue.
    Does the deck itself or a part of the mount have a transport position or latch?
    Related.
    Would you guys remove all parts associated with the mower if not using it for extended periods?
    It seems that the arms still hang low with it off, so I advised him to remove them too.

Id have him just join the forum and ask but hes not really an internet kinda guy.
    I have a mechanical lift on my mid mount mower which sounds exactly like what you are talking about. There is no transport position or latch as deck height is completely controlled by 3 point hitch arms. Mine does not have much clearance even when in the fully up position. Maybe a couple of inches. Those guide wheels need to be set appropriately for that reason. I don't know that there is a solution or fix for what you are mentioning. That being said if he isn't going to use it anyway no harm no foul there. Absolutely remove the mower frame if he isn't going to use the mower anyway. They just drag and bend and twist while using other 3 point equipment as they follow the arms. There are a couple of older threads on here that describe how to make your own tie 'up' fairly cheaply from TSC. It is four pins so I just remove mine. Otherwise I would be frame deep in the garden with the tiller and those arms would be ruined. Hopefully I was able to help. Good luck; it's a great machine.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 11:50 AM
    Thanks
    First issue.
    Is this correct?
    The dealer seemed confused when he asked about this.
    I can understand why they'd be confused. If you look closely at that "Filter Overview" sheet, it covers both the Gen 1 AND Gen 2 2032R. You have to pay attention to the model years listed next to each filter.

MY2016 and earlier (Gen 1) have a "Transmission Filter" part # LVU800097.

MY2017 and later (Gen 2) have a "Transmission Filter part # LVA14703 and "Hydraulic Filter" part # LVA16054

So the Gen 1 machines have 1 transmission/hydraulic filter. The Gen 2 machines have 2 filters.

The tractor has two spin on filters on or VERY near the engine, one is the engine oil obviously, the other, not sure. Fuel?
    Yes, the oil and fuel filters are right next to each other on the side of the engine right above the water separator bowl and are both spin on filters.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    11-11-2019 @ 10:51 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisR View Post

OMLVU26876
    Thanks, Id seen that, and it has a "Print" option, but I never could get it to print anything.
    For my friend, a paper copy is best...and Ive been keeping an eye on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by vtlmbrjack View Post
    I have a mechanical lift on my mid mount mower which sounds exactly like what you are talking about. There is no transport position or latch as deck height is completely controlled by 3 point hitch arms. Mine does not have much clearance even when in the fully up position. Maybe a couple of inches. Those guide wheels need to be set appropriately for that reason. I don't know that there is a solution or fix for what you are mentioning. That being said if he isn't going to use it anyway no harm no foul there. Absolutely remove the mower frame if he isn't going to use the mower anyway. They just drag and bend and twist while using other 3 point equipment as they follow the arms. There are a couple of older threads on here that describe how to make your own tie 'up' fairly cheaply from TSC. It is four pins so I just remove mine. Otherwise I would be frame deep in the garden with the tiller and those arms would be ruined. Hopefully I was able to help. Good luck; it's a great machine.
    Thanks.
    Jim B.

318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisR View Post

OMLVU26876
    This is one of those cases where the owner's manual is misleading as it fails to mention the spin-on fuel filter in the engine maintenance section.
    glc likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    I can understand why they'd be confused. If you look closely at that "Filter Overview" sheet, it covers both the Gen 1 AND Gen 2 2032R. You have to pay attention to the model years listed next to each filter.
    I assumed he meant the "Filter Overview" section in the illustrated parts listing as it pretty much matched what he described.

Yes, the oil and fuel filters are right next to each other on the side of the engine right above the water separator bowl and are both spin on filters.
    Don't forget the fuel filter that is INSIDE the water separator. Oddly, it is the only one mentioned in the owner's manual. :-)
    glc likes this.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:18 PM
    Thanks
    Not sure if you can zoom in enough, but here is the service parts sheet from JD. Pay attention, it covers two very different tractors. If you csnt read it, I could send the pdf to you via email.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_20190703-135158_Google PDF Viewer_1562176370033.jpg
    2015 2025R, H130 Loader, 62D mower deck, 270A backhoe, 48 inch JD Roto Tiller, 47 inch JD snow blower, 48 inch King Kutter rough cut mower

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by crna View Post
    Not sure if you can zoom in enough, but here is the service parts sheet from JD. Pay attention, it covers two very different tractors. If you csnt read it, I could send the pdf to you via email.
    Oh no! It's the filter service sheet from he--. :-) That sheet has created more confusion than you can imagine. Throw it away and pretend you never saw it. If you go on-line to the JD website and look at the parts diagram it clearly shows all the correct filter part numbers.
    kylew likes this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast