New 2025r owner, I have questions!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: New 2025r owner, I have questions!

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:34 PM
    Thanks

Hi guys, I just got delivery of my 2025r this morning, I'm pretty excited! Except for the 3038 JD loaned me to brush hog my field (because it took over a month to get my tractor delivered), I'd never even sat on a tractor much less operated one so to say I'm inexperienced is an understatement.

I bought my tractor with a 2048 cutter, a 120R, a 260B backhoe and a 60d MMM.

Currently everything is attached except the 2048, I'm trying to remove the MMM so I can play around with the backhoe and I'm running into some trouble.

The guy who delivered it told me to raise it up all the way, drop the wheels all the way down and the lower the deck (using the 3 point lever), he said then just pull the pin under the left side, put it in 4wd and back off of it. Well, I went out a bit ago to try it and followed the manual, it tells me to raise the deck, lower the wheels, remove the pin AND THEN, move the rear lock until it disengages. JD guy never mentioned the locking lever, which didn't really want to disengage, I had to push back on the mower deck with my foot while my wife moved the lever with a 2x4. For some reason, I don't usually see this in youtube videos I've seen either. So then my wife noticed there was a second pin and locking lever on the right hand side of the tractor as well, not even the manual mentions this one, I assume I'm supposed to disengage this one as well but it's really fighting me and I'm thinking I'm missing something or doing this wrong. Any help?

I've also noticed in some videos that people put the knob that adjusts the cutting height to the install position, but neither the JD guy nor the manual says anything about that and for some reason, I can't seem to move that knob am I supposed to push or pull on it?

Thanks a ton for looking at this!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    11-12-2019 @ 03:58 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xcityfolk View Post
    Hi guys, I just got delivery of my 2025r this morning, I'm pretty excited! Except for the 3038 JD loaned me to brush hog my field (because it took over a month to get my tractor delivered), I'd never even sat on a tractor much less operated one so to say I'm inexperienced is an understatement.

I bought my tractor with a 2048 cutter, a 120R, a 260B backhoe and a 60d MMM.

Currently everything is attached except the 2048, I'm trying to remove the MMM so I can play around with the backhoe and I'm running into some trouble.

The guy who delivered it told me to raise it up all the way, drop the wheels all the way down and the lower the deck (using the 3 point lever), he said then just pull the pin under the left side, put it in 4wd and back off of it. Well, I went out a bit ago to try it and followed the manual, it tells me to raise the deck, lower the wheels, remove the pin AND THEN, move the rear lock until it disengages. JD guy never mentioned the locking lever, which didn't really want to disengage, I had to push back on the mower deck with my foot while my wife moved the lever with a 2x4. For some reason, I don't usually see this in youtube videos I've seen either. So then my wife noticed there was a second pin and locking lever on the right hand side of the tractor as well, not even the manual mentions this one, I assume I'm supposed to disengage this one as well but it's really fighting me and I'm thinking I'm missing something or doing this wrong. Any help?

I've also noticed in some videos that people put the knob that adjusts the cutting height to the install position, but neither the JD guy nor the manual says anything about that and for some reason, I can't seem to move that knob am I supposed to push or pull on it?

Thanks a ton for looking at this!
    Sounds like your deck attaches the same as mine. Pull the pins on both sides, get on the tractor drive forward an inch, set the park break and the lever should be free to disengage. Sometimes there is still pressure on the levers and moving them up is hard. hope that helps.
    xcityfolk likes this.
    Tractor (2038R) with stuff.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RacenJason View Post
    Sounds like your deck attaches the same as mine. Pull the pins on both sides, get on the tractor drive forward an inch, set the park break and the lever should be free to disengage. Sometimes there is still pressure on the levers and moving them up is hard. hope that helps.
    Thanks for the quick advice!

I finally got it, for future reference, here's what I had to do.

1. raise deck
    2. release wheel locks
    3. (while it's raised because this doesn't seem to work when it's lowered), turn the height of cut knob fully CCW to the install position
    4. lower deck
    5. pull pin on left side, release locking lever (still had to use a 2x4)
    6. pull pin on right side, release locking lever
    7. put it in 4wd and low range
    8. reverse over it

I did this on dry level ground with pretty firm soil and it just pushed the mower deck until it started to dig in, I put rocks behind the front tires so it could climb up a bit and that worked. I'm a little dismayed at how bad the manual is, removal is a single page and assumed I'd installed the deck to begin with, none of the youtube videos had all of the steps needed (most never mention the height of cut knob) and the JD guy gave me bad and incomplete directions as well.

My next question is, can I mow with the backhoe attached? FEL attached? SHOULD I mow with either of those or should I remove them each time I mow? So much to learn! Thanks!
    rjpoog1989 likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:40 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,552 Times in 1,637 Posts
    For me,, and only have a 1025r I remove the fel and bh and then MOW

To use BH or FEL I remove the mmm.

Takes only minutes to remove or install either of the 3 items

For you
    Last edited by etcallhome; 07-09-2019 at 04:16 PM.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by etcallhome View Post
    For me,, and only have a 1025r I remove the fel and bh and then MOW

To use BH or FEL I remove the mmm.

Takes only minutes to remove or install either of the 3 items

For you
    Well, it took me about two hours to remove the MMM, soooooo

I mostly just don't want to break anything RIGHT AWAY. With a little luck, I'll get all of this figured out and will be in the minutes club soon enough. Thanks for the advice!

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:24 PM
    Thanks

I’d remove the loader before installing or removing the deck also. Several guys have bent the arms on their mower deck pretty bad by hitting it with their loader. Seems mother Deere only gave us about a 1/2 inch of room for error on the new 2025R. You’ll get used to it quickly and be a pro before ya know it. Keep us posted how the machine does for ya and post some pics. Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wvdeere; 07-09-2019 at 05:17 PM.
    glc, etcallhome, PJR832 and 1 others like this.
    -Alex-

2018 2025R
    60" MMM
    120R Loader
    AV10F Frontier snow plow
    AP10F 42" Frontier pallet forks
    Blue Diamond Toothbar
    Kens Bolt on Hooks
    5 Ft KK Box Blade
    Carry All
    Single Row Cultivator
    KK Middle Buster

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:56 PM
    Thanks
    I'm one of the guys that have bent some things by removing the MMM with the loader on. The front arm on the mower catches on the FEL parking stand and doesn't slide underneath it. Until you know for sure that won't be a problem for you, you could back up until the front wheels touch the deck, switch to N and set the parking break, hop off, and visually make sure the front mower arm is underneath the parking brake and isn't going to slide above it and bind. If you do that several times and it always seems like the front arm on the mower deck is sliding under the FEL parking stand like it's supposed to, then you're probably good. I'd just be cautious until you know for sure you wont have the same issue as some of us.

Congratulations on the 2025R. I love mine!
    etcallhome, PJR832 and xcityfolk like this.
    2025R Gen 2
    60D MMM and 120R FEL
    Z535R
    Frontier RT1149 Tiller
    Frontier CA2048E Aerator
    Frontier BB2048L Box Blade
    Artillian Diverter
    EA Wicked 55" Grapple
    Heavy Hitch Front/Rear weight bracket
    Incredibly supportive wife (items not listed in priority order)

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenmc001 View Post
    I'm one of the guys that have bent some things by removing the MMM with the loader on. The front arm on the mower catches on the FEL parking stand and doesn't slide underneath it. Until you know for sure that won't be a problem for you, you could back up until the front wheels touch the deck, switch to N and set the parking break, hop off, and visually make sure the front mower arm is underneath the parking brake and isn't going to slide above it and bind. If you do that several times and it always seems like the front arm on the mower deck is sliding under the FEL parking stand like it's supposed to, then you're probably good. I'd just be cautious until you know for sure you wont have the same issue as some of us.

Congratulations on the 2025R. I love mine!
    Can you show me a photo of what the damage looked like? I'm going to go take a look at mine in a bit and make sure I didn't bend anything. Is it something you can bang back into shape or how did you fix it?
    etcallhome likes this.

11. Top | #9
    glc
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:49 PM
    Thanks
    xcityfolk, get in the habit of only having the attachment you need attached to your tractor!
    etcallhome, rjpoog1989 and PJR832 like this.
    Greg from western pa

2009 2520
    FEL/61" HD bucket/replaceable cutting edge
    62D2 MMM
    IMatch Quick Hitch
    A "REAL" snow blade ---- JD 380A modded to fit
    Homemade 3PT Receiver
    Homemade Ballast Box
    Woods GB65 Box Blade

2019 JOHN DEERE X390 with 48" ACCEL DEEP DECK

MY 2520 SE SEAT MOD:

https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...d-for-the-2520

MY BALLAST BOX
    https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...llast-box.html

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:00 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xcityfolk View Post
    Thanks for the quick advice!

I finally got it, for future reference, here's what I had to do.

1. raise deck
    2. release wheel locks
    3. (while it's raised because this doesn't seem to work when it's lowered), turn the height of cut knob fully CCW to the install position
    4. lower deck
    5. pull pin on left side, release locking lever (still had to use a 2x4)
    6. pull pin on right side, release locking lever
    7. put it in 4wd and low range
    8. reverse over it

I did this on dry level ground with pretty firm soil and it just pushed the mower deck until it started to dig in, I put rocks behind the front tires so it could climb up a bit and that worked. I'm a little dismayed at how bad the manual is, removal is a single page and assumed I'd installed the deck to begin with, none of the youtube videos had all of the steps needed (most never mention the height of cut knob) and the JD guy gave me bad and incomplete directions as well.

My next question is, can I mow with the backhoe attached? FEL attached? SHOULD I mow with either of those or should I remove them each time I mow? So much to learn! Thanks!
    Your process for the deck is correct. There’s 2 pins and locking devices, one left and one on the right. There’s no reason you can’t mow with the loader and how installed. Just makes for a longer heavier tractor. As others have stated, you should not install or remove the deck with the loader on. You can, however, install or remove loader with the deck on. I personally take the loader and hoe off before I mow. I do not like using the hoe or loader with the deck on. The guys around here have me scared of breaking or bending parts of the auto connect deck. I think the whole idea behind the ease of changing attachments is to only have on what you intend to use. I generally don’t dig and mow all at once.
    etcallhome and PJR832 like this.
    2019 2025r: Galaxy R3+, 60D AutoConnect, 120r loader, 260b backhoe, AP10F 42” forks

1948 Farmall Cub: L-54 snow plow, 193 one bottom plow
    Husqvarna push mower (I forget the model)
    Husqvarna 562XP chainsaw: 24" bar w/ skip tooth, 20” Power Match full comp
    Craftsman 18" chainsaw

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast