• 1 Post By Twar
  • 1 Post By IndianaJim

Thread: Gen 2 2025r 4wd vibration

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 05:06 PM
    Thanks

Gen 2 2025r 4wd vibration

Is it normal that I can "feel" that I am in 4wd? At slow speed in 4wd I feel a vibration, not quite grinding but it's there. Most predominant going downhill when letting off the pedal to show down.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:48 PM
    NW Oregun Gutterslut...the Wet Side.... Gaston
    Thanks
    If your on pavement ,concrete...this may be normal.

On dirt/gravel..which is all I have...I don't feel anything in 4x4..Mine is rarely ever in 2x.

Mine is not your model but is Green..955
    PJR832 likes this.
    Dan

JD 955 ,70A loader, 60" mmm , Original I-match ,4' woods B hog , 5' Box blade , 12' orchard plane/driveway grader ,various other doo-dads & homebuilt implements. Goossen BFBlower, JakeRake..this thing is different.
    Kubota U-15
    Kubota RTV 900

47 8n......good times..V8 in my future possibly

Pharrell Williams - Freedom (Video) - YouTube ...George Michael - Freedom! ’90 (Official Video) - YouTube..

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 12:16 PM
    Thanks
    theDuke raises a good point about concrete. Sometimes I forget I'm in 4WD and will notice when turning on concrete or when I turn sharp on grass and notice I tore up the grass. When I'm off pavement in 4WD, I haven't noticed any kind of vibration.
    BigJim55 and PJR832 like this.
    2025R Gen 2
    60D MMM and 120R FEL
    Z535R
    Frontier RT1149 Tiller
    Frontier CA2048E Aerator
    Frontier BB2048L Box Blade
    Artillian Diverter
    EA Wicked 55" Grapple
    Heavy Hitch Front/Rear weight bracket
    Incredibly supportive wife (items not listed in priority order)

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    11-17-2019 @ 07:30 PM
    Thanks
    I have a 2025r...I can't say I feel a vibration per se, but I can definitely "feel" it on my gravel driveway. It's hard to explain, but it can be felt, and definitely when turning. Going down a hill, I would think you'd feel it even more due to all the weight shift on the front end. Just like in a truck...you should be able to "feel" 4 wheel drive one engaged, in the pedal and wheel. There's suddenly power beng applied via gears and transfer case to the front wheels so you're going to feel something. I can't think of anything that would cause a vibration.
    PJR832 likes this.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 04:20 PM
    Thanks
    Two different things being commented on, here. When in 4WD, the front and rear wheels are mechanically linked. But, because the front wheels will travel a different arc than the rear when turning, you get driveline binding. That's one feel. It appears, by the OP's description, that a driveline vibration is felt when 4WD is engaged (not dependent on turning), which would be different. Driveline wind up wouldn't create a vibration, but the tires slipping (relieving the binding) could. This, by description, seems to be a mechanical issue. If it were mine, I'd jack it up, get a front and a rear wheel off of the ground, have 4WD engaged, and turn a wheel by hand (with the engine off). I would be listening for a source of sound in the driveline, to isolate where it's at.
    While jacked up, I would also disengage the 4WD, and alternate turning a rear wheel, and a front one- to again isolate, or confirm, the issue. If there's an issue in the driveline, mechanically, I would expect to be able to hear it (in some form).
    Last edited by hodge; 07-15-2019 at 08:33 AM.
    glc and theduke like this.
    Romans 1:16 "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ..."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hodge For This Useful Post:

Twar (07-16-2019)

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    Today @ 05:06 PM
    Thanks
    I really feel it going down hill in a straight line when I let off the forward pedal. What bothers me is it almost has a cyclical feel to it. So every 1 (the one is a guess) revolution I feel a pulse of a vibration. Reminds me of a vibration I had in my tundra that had a bad bearing in the differential.

I use 4wd going down steeper hills, especially when using the loader. It's had this since I got it and I have over 50 hours on it now. I always use ballast with the front end loader.

I have no concrete, only a gravel drive.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    PJR832 likes this.

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Thanks
    The wheels dont turn at the exact same speed, relative to size, when the MFWD is engaged.
    Pretty sure it was on this site that I read about the difference in speed vs size, and if I recall, the fronts spin a small percentage faster than what would be a matched speed to the rear.
    You WILL feel this on asphalt/concrete. Sometimes its subtle, sometimes not. This also depends on tread too. If yours is very worn, you might not feel it much.
    Most people feel it when turning on most surfaces because thats when the difference is greatest.
    On hard dry surfaces, you really shouldnt need it.
    PJR832 likes this.
    Jim B.

318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,596 Times in 1,310 Posts
    Maybe this has been mentioned, but, have you checked the level of oil in the front axle?? Also, are you in low range or high range, I do probably 90% + of my work in low range and have not felt what you say you are feeling. But check the oil in the front axle if you haven't already.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements