2025R, where is this supposed to attach?
Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By Toughsox
  • 3 Post By IndianaJim
  • 3 Post By JDeere655
  • 1 Post By PJR832
  • 1 Post By IndianaJim

Thread: 2025R, where is this supposed to attach?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Thanks

2025R, where is this supposed to attach?

Hi all. While fixing a fuel issue, I found the pictured relay flopping about near the fuel pump.
    It appears to have been attached to something in the past, but I can’t tell where.
    My display was replaced a while back, so I assume this is from that.

Anyone care to pull the left side cover and snap a picture of theirs?

Jim B.

318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:32 PM
    Thanks
    Generically speaking, you want it upright with the bolt hole on the top so that if it ran through some water,it would leak down out of the relay.
    As for specifically where it goes, and not having a diagram, Id simply remove any corresponding bolt that the hole will line up with (provided you arent pulling the wires tight) and just reattach it there.
    IndianaJim and Herminator like this.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Toughsox View Post
    Generically speaking, you want it upright with the bolt hole on the top so that if it ran through some water,it would leak down out of the relay.
    As for specifically where it goes, and not having a diagram, Id simply remove any corresponding bolt that the hole will line up with (provided you arent pulling the wires tight) and just reattach it there.
    Been working with relays for near 30 years now, so I understand what you are saying.
    Id just rather know where its supposed to go. Cant seem to figure it out as there isnt anything obvious around there where it looks like it belongs if that makes sense.
    Sometimes the way the wires take a set helps, but in this case, not so much.
    I may sit down with the owners manual and service manual and see if there is a random shot of it somewhere in there.
    Herminator, PJR832 and Toughsox like this.
    Jim B.

318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 07:20 AM
    Thanks

Hi,

It would appear to mount under the left side of the dash (as the operator would sit on the machine). The top of the relay mounts on the other side of this bolt:

Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1986 John Deere 655 MFWD, 54-Inch Mid-Mount Mower, 47-Inch Two-Stage Snowblower

2019 John Deere 2025R, 120R Loader, 54-Inch AutoConnect Mower, 54-Inch Two-Stage Snowblower, iMatch Ballast Box

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,596 Times in 1,310 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJim View Post
    Been working with relays for near 30 years now, so I understand what you are saying.
    Id just rather know where its supposed to go. Cant seem to figure it out as there isnt anything obvious around there where it looks like it belongs if that makes sense.
    Sometimes the way the wires take a set helps, but in this case, not so much.
    I may sit down with the owners manual and service manual and see if there is a random shot of it somewhere in there.
    If I get time tomorrow I’ll did through the tech manual, is it possible that it for the optional independent lift??

Herminator likes this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PJR832 View Post
    If I get time tomorrow I’ll did through the tech manual, is it possible that it for the optional independent lift??

According to the manual, it looks to be either the starter relay or fuel pump relay. Id guess fuel pump, but didnt follow the wires.

Thanks for the pictures guys! Ill put it back where it goes.
    Toughsox likes this.
    Jim B.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements