• 4 Post By coaltrain
  • 4 Post By PJR832

Thread: Wrong air filter

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 02:09 PM
    Thanks

Wrong air filter

So I bought a filter pack for my 2025r and it came with the wrong air filter. So I went to the dealer and ordered the correct one. I had already used the hydraulic filter so he said he couldn’t take the filter pack back. So I thought he was going to swap the wrong air filter for the correct one.

When I picked it up I was wrong. I had to eat the $22 cost of the correct one. I was more than a little peeved but rather then lose it I just paid and left.

Am I out of line being upset? I’m thinking from now on I buy my parts on line.

Second what does the wrong filter fit. They told me it was correct for a 2025r. The part number is M131802. It’s about 4 inches to long. 1st gen 2025 maybe?
    glc and Gizmo2 like this.
    2018 2025r, FEL, 60" autoconnect deck, pallet forks, some other stuff.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,703 Times in 1,290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgeman View Post
    So I bought a filter pack for my 2025r and it came with the wrong air filter. So I went to the dealer and ordered the correct one. I had already used the hydraulic filter so he said he couldn’t take the filter pack back. So I thought he was going to swap the wrong air filter for the correct one.

When I picked it up I was wrong. I had to eat the $22 cost of the correct one. I was more than a little peeved but rather then lose it I just paid and left.

Am I out of line being upset? I’m thinking from now on I buy my parts on line.

Second what does the wrong filter fit. They told me it was correct for a 2025r. The part number is M131802. It’s about 4 inches to long. 1st gen 2025 maybe?
    The dealer is correct. It does fit a 2025R... as you guessed... a Gen-1 2025R. It is the outer air filter element. Kudos to JD for insisting on using the same tractor model designation on two tractors that are completely different.

As for being upset, did they ask you for the serial number of your tractor to source the kit? Most dealers don't recognize the Gen-1 / Gen-2 thing.

The moral of this story is two fold. 1). If possible, always look up the parts yourself on the JD website prior to visiting the dealer. That way if they try to give you a different part number you can question it. 2). Avoid the so-called "filter packs". In most cases you don't get all the filters anyway, they don't all get changed at the same interval (i.e. you will go through many engine oil filters for every one air filter, and most of the time the kits aren't much of a savings over buying the filters you need individually.
    Last edited by jgayman; 08-08-2019 at 09:10 PM.
    glc, Gizmo2, fdmars and 5 others like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Thanks
    They could have handled this better by simply putting a hydraulic filter in the pack and charging you for that you did use and crediting you for the kit.

Making you eat a filter you do not need and won’t use is a reminder of poor customer service every time you see it sitting on your shelf.

I would politely mention this to the Gm or sales manager. I think they would agree that would be a better solution.
    Last edited by Herminator; 08-08-2019 at 10:13 PM.
    glc, Gizmo2, dieselshadow and 5 others like this.
    Welcome to Intermission.

2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 02:09 PM
    Thanks
    I took a pic of the tractor serial number so yes I did have it.
    glc, Gizmo2, rtgt and 1 others like this.
    2018 2025r, FEL, 60" autoconnect deck, pallet forks, some other stuff.

7. Top | #5
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:11 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,101 Times in 3,023 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgeman View Post
    So I bought a filter pack for my 2025r and it came with the wrong air filter. So I went to the dealer and ordered the correct one. I had already used the hydraulic filter so he said he couldnít take the filter pack back. So I thought he was going to swap the wrong air filter for the correct one.

Am I out of line being upset? Iím thinking from now on I buy my parts on line.

Second what does the wrong filter fit. They told me it was correct for a 2025r. The part number is M131802. Itís about 4 inches to long. 1st gen 2025 maybe?
    That is complete BS on the dealer's part. IMO.
    glc, IndianaJim, rtgt and 3 others like this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:43 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,158 Times in 2,313 Posts
    I will never understand the appeal of these filter packs. You get more than you actually need - plus there is no real savings.

Just order the filters you need for the maintenance you are doing at the time.
    glc, rtgt, Daveb and 1 others like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:09 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,596 Times in 1,310 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    That is complete BS on the dealer's part. IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herminator View Post
    They could have handled this better by simply putting a hydraulic filter in the pack and charging you for that you did use and crediting you for the kit.

Making you eat a filter you do not need and won’t use is a reminder of poor customer service every time you see it sitting on your shelf.

I would politely mention this to the Gm or sales manager. I think they would agree that would be a better solution.
    I agree, IMO these situations could be handled better by the dealers and customer alike. My dealer is quite familiar with me and my tractor but I always give a polite reminder that it's the newer 2025R, but I'm sure your dealer could or would handle that better, now add to the confusion the fact that JD is doing air cleaner upgrades and more mix ups will definitely come into play.
    Last edited by PJR832; 08-09-2019 at 08:22 AM.
    glc, rtgt, Herminator and 1 others like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements