• 2 Post By HomesteadJoe
  • 1 Post By HomesteadJoe

Thread: 270B Backhoe Installation Issue

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-29-2019 @ 04:48 PM
    Thanks

270B Backhoe Installation Issue

When I go to install my 270B backhoe on my 2038R the upper pin holes do not line up. You are supposed to lift up the backhoe all the way with the rockshaft so the cross holes in the mount frame and backhoe align. Mine will not go quite far enough to align the holes. I asked the dealer and he said some backhoes just do that and I should hook up the backhoe hydraulics and use the dipper and stabilizers to push it the rest of the way. It works but it is more difficult and I don't understand why the rockshaft isn't lifting far enough to align the holes. Anyone else have this problem?
    2019 2038R, 220 loader, 270B Backhoe, BB2060 Box Blade, JD Power Beyond Kit, HD Light kit. JD Long Third Function Kit, EA Wicked 55 Grapple

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Thanks
    Are there little plates on each side that are bolted on? they are they to adjust this. All you have to do is loosen the bolts and adjust the plates, and then tighten the bolts again. if you lower the plate sdown, it causes the pin holes to raise up higher, and adjusting them up makes the holes lower in relation to lift arm height. I'll try to get a pic in the morning.
    chex313 and OxPath like this.
    - 2002 John Deere 4510 TLB PR,
    -Woods BB60X 60" rotary cutter
    -Countyline box blade,
    -Allis Chalmers sickle mower,
    -RED windrow rake,
    -titan 48" 3000 pound forks/bale spear
    - Farm Star rear bale spear

Yamaha Rhino 700, Yamaha Rhino 660,
    Murray 624 mower/38" deck

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johnH123 For This Useful Post:

mjlennon†(08-17-2019), robfisch†(08-30-2019)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:27 PM
    Thanks
    I've had this issue as well.I've had to use the stabilizers to pushup the backhoe to get the holes to align. Like you I'm not sure why this happens. When the whole process was demo'ed to me, the dealer rep didn't need to do any of that. He was able to remove the backhoe and reconnect it without adjusting the stabilizers. Makes me think I'm doing something wrong. So I'm curious as well if anyone else is experiencing this issue.
    2019 2038r, iMatch, ballast box, frontier SB54, Woodland Mills WC68 PTO Chipper, 270B Backhoe, 60 MMM

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    10-16-2019 @ 05:14 AM
    Thanks
    I know Iím coming to the party late, but I hope this helps.

I had the same issue, it is very frustrating and I spent some time trying to figure it out. Iíve only had my equipment a couple months and Iím a total rookie, but Iíve figured out a couple things:

1). How you take it off sets it up for how itís reattached (similar to the loader and MMM). Get everything as level as possible when you are in the unhooking stage - side to side and especially front to back. Where I live, perfectly flat land is hard to come by, and I noticed it wasnít level front to back the first time or two I took it off. The pins didnít line up at all. Even a few inches out of level front to back can make a big difference - but the bucket of the backhoe end being lower is the biggest deal. Mine was out of level to the extent the frame that goes under the machine was off the ground a couple inches.

2). The position of the bucket can affect how level it stays after removal. Sometimes it will curl afterwards, which causes the out of level situation mentioned earlier.

Now when I got to reattach the backhoe, the first thing I look at is to make sure the front of the frame is on the ground. If itís not, I use my loader to push it down and hold it while I shim under the bucket with a chunk of wood or something so it stays that way while I turn around and attach the backhoe. Seems to make a major difference in the pins lining up - nailed it perfectly the last 2-3 times.
    2019 2038R, 220R FEL, 270B Backhoe, 72D MMM, TKV 20 MCS, Snow Pusher,
    Artillian Forks, diverter kit, double Grapple, 60in blade w extenders,
    Heavy Hitch, toothbar, iMatch, LED lights, wheel spacers, fender extensions,
    Power Beyond, bolt on hooks, edge tamers, Ultimate BigToolRack

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-2038r View Post
    I know Iím coming to the party late, but I hope this helps.

I had the same issue, it is very frustrating and I spent some time trying to figure it out. Iíve only had my equipment a couple months and Iím a total rookie, but Iíve figured out a couple things:

1). How you take it off sets it up for how itís reattached (similar to the loader and MMM). Get everything as level as possible when you are in the unhooking stage - side to side and especially front to back. Where I live, perfectly flat land is hard to come by, and I noticed it wasnít level front to back the first time or two I took it off. The pins didnít line up at all. Even a few inches out of level front to back can make a big difference - but the bucket of the backhoe end being lower is the biggest deal. Mine was out of level to the extent the frame that goes under the machine was off the ground a couple inches.

2). The position of the bucket can affect how level it stays after removal. Sometimes it will curl afterwards, which causes the out of level situation mentioned earlier.

Now when I got to reattach the backhoe, the first thing I look at is to make sure the front of the frame is on the ground. If itís not, I use my loader to push it down and hold it while I shim under the bucket with a chunk of wood or something so it stays that way while I turn around and attach the backhoe. Seems to make a major difference in the pins lining up - nailed it perfectly the last 2-3 times.
    Me too! Iíve had my backhoe since May, so only about four months. The salesman showed me how easy it was, and it was. For him. The first couple times I tried it I ended up covered in hydraulic fluid, saying many bad words, and providing entertainment for anyone passing by as I attempted to get the thing on. The last time I managed to get everything dead on flat, and it went fairly quickly. There isnít any such thing as flat ground around here. Iím working up the nerve to take it off in the shed, which has a concrete floor. At the very least, no one will be able to see me and laugh if I have trouble putting it back on in there.
    Bill

2019 2038r, FEL, backhoe, ballast box, box scraper, Artillian grapple and forks, Woods chipper, Brand X 3 pt log splitter
    2016 Gator XUV 590i
    2011 X534 all wheel steer, 54Ē deck 47Ē snowblower

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    11-08-2019 @ 03:58 PM
    Thanks
    I have removed and installed the 270B backhoe on Badass many dozens of times and have experienced significant variation upon re-installation. I have it down to about a two minute process by doing the following:

REMOVAL
    1. Remove the 270 just like is says to do so in the manual.

INSTALLATION
    1. Back up to the hoe aligned and lift with 3 point.
    1. A. If pin holes are aligned, install pins and proceed per the manual.
    1. B. If pin holes are not aligned, take pressure off hoe attachment points by ever-so-slightly lowering 3 point hitch and shut down tractor and relieve hydraulic pressure by moving loader joystick all the way forward to the "FLOAT" position.
    3. Connect the hydraulic lines such that both the 3 point and the backhoe have hydraulic pressure at the same time through one continuous hydraulic loop.
    4. Restart tractor and using hoe and 3 point controls, reposition hoe until pin holes are aligned.
    5. Install pins and lower 3 point.
    6. Shut down tractor and relieve hydraulic pressure by moving loader joystick all the way forward to the "FLOAT" position.
    7. Disconnect 3 point from hydraulic loop and reconnect hoe hydraulics per manual.

Process complete in less than 2 minutes with no fuss whatsoever.

I am planning to make a video of this process and post on YouTube

Hope this helps!

Sincerely
    Yank and WilliamT. like this.
    BadAss 2038R, R3s, R4s, Spacers, Eng & Tranny Heaters, LEDs, Cages, Fender Flares, Front Fenders, iMatch, Heavy Hitch, Hitch-N-Can, 800# Quick Tach Weights, 220R Loader, Single Point Hyd, 57" HD Bucket, WR Long Tooth Bar & 3rd Function Hyd, 55" Wicked Root Rake Grapple, 270B Backhoe, 72D MMM, Front 3 pt Hitch, 366 FMB Blade, PHD300 Post Hole Digger w\ Auger Set, LR2172 Landscape Rake w/gage Wheels, RB2072 Rear Blade, BB2072 Box Blade, AP12F Pallet Forks, EA 72" Pine Needle Rake, Fit-Rite TNT

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:27 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HomesteadJoe View Post
    I have removed and installed the 270B backhoe on Badass many dozens of times and have experienced significant variation upon re-installation. I have it down to about a two minute process by doing the following:

REMOVAL
    1. Remove the 270 just like is says to do so in the manual.

INSTALLATION
    1. Back up to the hoe aligned and lift with 3 point.
    1. A. If pin holes are aligned, install pins and proceed per the manual.
    1. B. If pin holes are not aligned, take pressure off hoe attachment points by ever-so-slightly lowering 3 point hitch and shut down tractor and relieve hydraulic pressure by moving loader joystick all the way forward to the "FLOAT" position.
    3. Connect the hydraulic lines such that both the 3 point and the backhoe have hydraulic pressure at the same time through one continuous hydraulic loop.
    4. Restart tractor and using hoe and 3 point controls, reposition hoe until pin holes are aligned.
    5. Install pins and lower 3 point.
    6. Shut down tractor and relieve hydraulic pressure by moving loader joystick all the way forward to the "FLOAT" position.
    7. Disconnect 3 point from hydraulic loop and reconnect hoe hydraulics per manual.

Process complete in less than 2 minutes with no fuss whatsoever.

I am planning to make a video of this process and post on YouTube

Hope this helps!

Sincerely
    Not sure I understand this. At point 3 I wasn't aware that you could have the hydraulics going to the backhoe at the same time as the 3 point hitch. I thought it was either or. So not sure how this would be done. On mine the hydraulic line is hooked in to the 3 point or the hoe. What am I missing or am I totally wrong?
    Last edited by gmissed; 09-19-2019 at 05:24 PM.
    2019 2038r, iMatch, ballast box, frontier SB54, Woodland Mills WC68 PTO Chipper, 270B Backhoe, 60 MMM

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    11-08-2019 @ 03:58 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gmissed View Post
    Not sure I understand this. At point 3 I wasn't aware that you could have the hydraulics going to the backhoe at the same time as the 3 point hitch. I thought it was either or. So not sure how this would be done. On mine the hydraulic line is hooked in to the 3 point or the hoe. What am I missing or am I totally wrong?
    Connect the 3 point hose to the backhoe, and the backhoe to the power beyond. You will have both the backhoe and the 3 point powered with hydraulics. Don't run it this way continuously, just for re-mounting the backhoe.

Sincerely
    Yank likes this.
    BadAss 2038R, R3s, R4s, Spacers, Eng & Tranny Heaters, LEDs, Cages, Fender Flares, Front Fenders, iMatch, Heavy Hitch, Hitch-N-Can, 800# Quick Tach Weights, 220R Loader, Single Point Hyd, 57" HD Bucket, WR Long Tooth Bar & 3rd Function Hyd, 55" Wicked Root Rake Grapple, 270B Backhoe, 72D MMM, Front 3 pt Hitch, 366 FMB Blade, PHD300 Post Hole Digger w\ Auger Set, LR2172 Landscape Rake w/gage Wheels, RB2072 Rear Blade, BB2072 Box Blade, AP12F Pallet Forks, EA 72" Pine Needle Rake, Fit-Rite TNT

12. The Following User Says Thank You to HomesteadJoe For This Useful Post:

gmissed†(09-20-2019)

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements