2038R hydraulic leek at transmission, dealer tried 6 times to fix it... - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree168Likes

Thread: 2038R hydraulic leek at transmission, dealer tried 6 times to fix it...

1. Top | #41

Last Online
    10-08-2019 @ 04:57 AM
    Thanks
    So was cap loose or was it off? its two different worlds. I be interested to hear how this ends if the leaks are fix

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #42

Last Online
    Today @ 05:00 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xcopterdoc View Post
    I have seen many warranty claims never filed for whatever reason. Good way to lose your job. My dealer group took over a Mom and Pop and found over 20k in unfiled warranty work orders in a desk drawer. We got about half of them filed and paid before the time ran out. That's alot of work orders when most were 200 or so bucks.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
    Wow. How could a dealership not want to file and get their money? Boggles the mind unless there's some penalty for having too many.
    Zebrafive and Toughsox like this.
    2018 1025r. 260B backhoe, 120r loader, Titan 36" forks, Frontier RT1142 tiller
    1995 Lowes branded riding mower.

4. Top | #43
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:55 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmylh View Post
    Wow. How could a dealership not want to file and get their money? Boggles the mind unless there's some penalty for having too many.
    I think you answered your own question...
    DRobinson and JDLTG like this.
    - 2002 John Deere 4510 TLB PR,
    -Woods BB60X 60" rotary cutter
    -Countyline box blade,
    -Allis Chalmers sickle mower,
    -RED windrow rake,
    -titan 48" 3000 pound forks/bale spear
    - Farm Star rear bale spear

Yamaha Rhino 700, Yamaha Rhino 660,
    Murray 624 mower/38" deck

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #44
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:52 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kellylogan View Post
    Im not you but I would not even take a wrench to your machine while under warranty. I would have look for another dealer after trying to get it fix twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by glc View Post
    I agree with kelly. Don't try to fix it yourself! Then when or if it has to go to the dealer, guess what. It's all out of your wallet! There has to be a decent dealer somewhere near you!
    I agree with above posts^^^^ do not do any work on it or it will all be blamed on you.
    Toughsox likes this.
    J
    John Deere 2030 w/245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 w/640SL Loader
    John Deere 285 50" deck Stolen May 2017
    John Deere x485 62" deck AWS
    Kawasaki Mule 2510 4x4 bought new 1996
    Ford F250 4x4 bought new 1978

7. Top | #45

Last Online
    Today @ 01:31 PM
    Thanks
    As posts 35,36, and 44 state, don't do any work on it yourself. BUT maybe a little inspection by you? Measure shaft & find seal size/dimension and see if they're compatible. On a long shot, check manual for oil level and verify if correct in tractor.

I wouldn't blame Deere for your problems. they can only go but the documentation they receive from their "dealers"...whether actually Deere or franchised... AND customer complaints about a particular "dealer". I know of 2 "dealers" that lost their franchise due to poor/unacceptable customer relations...one was "Deere" since the 40's !!! I'd continue to hammer Deere, as frustrating as it must be to you! Bob
    Toughsox likes this.
    '80 317 w/18hp B&S and divert valve for rear hydraulics, 3 pt hitch, 5' york rake
    '82 314 w/rear PTO for tiller
    33 tiller
    49 thrower
    54 4 way blade
    Mod 48 deck & Mod 462 TracVac

8. Top | #46

Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 05:58 PM
    Thanks
    There may be a reason why the dealer does not send in warranty work to get paid. The reason could be that they sent in false claims against a customers tractor & then if that customer comes in with a REAL warranty issue or the same as they already claimed, they (the dealer) cannot invoice the job for payment.

I don't know if I explained my theory clearly. Its like they used the tractors ID serial # on the paperwork to make a false claim. The dealer just picks a sold tractor at random & them sends in warranty work that was never done, or was done on another unit so a good ole boy customer avoids paying for work done on their machine. Car dealers are notorious for filing bogus warranty charges on new cars that do not have an issue. Except if the customer comes in with an issue, now the dealer is screwed & he is forced to make a warranty claim on another car to cover the bogus claim & on it goes.
    johnH123, Toughsox and JDLTG like this.

9. Top | #47

Last Online
    Today @ 05:00 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog View Post
    There may be a reason why the dealer does not send in warranty work to get paid. The reason could be that they sent in false claims against a customers tractor & then if that customer comes in with a REAL warranty issue or the same as they already claimed, they (the dealer) cannot invoice the job for payment.

I don't know if I explained my theory clearly. Its like they used the tractors ID serial # on the paperwork to make a false claim. The dealer just picks a sold tractor at random & them sends in warranty work that was never done, or was done on another unit so a good ole boy customer avoids paying for work done on their machine. Car dealers are notorious for filing bogus warranty charges on new cars that do not have an issue. Except if the customer comes in with an issue, now the dealer is screwed & he is forced to make a warranty claim on another car to cover the bogus claim & on it goes.
    That's what I would call out and out dealer fraud. Anyway, I could see a dealer not wanting to make multiple claims for the same problem if it's due to an incompetent mechanic doing the work. In that case I would think Deere would make the dealer take the hit.
    2018 1025r. 260B backhoe, 120r loader, Titan 36" forks, Frontier RT1142 tiller
    1995 Lowes branded riding mower.

10. Top | #48

Last Online
    10-08-2019 @ 04:57 AM
    Thanks
    things must be good with tractor haven't heard anything

11. Top | #49

Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 06:38 PM
    Thanks
    While I haven't had near the trouble this guy has I have experienced some of his frustrations. I too got my tractor back with the hydro cap off although I discovered it immediately which was a blessing. For warranty work I've always gotten paperwork though and the first two repairs were done in my garage by the jd mechanic. A loaner was offered but this was the better option for me.

The closest dealer was recently sold, one store went to ag pro and the other two went to koenig, koenig owning the store closest to me. They have turned over just about everyone I knew at the store under previous ownership and I fear the exodus isn't complete. I retrospect I'm glad I didn't buy from the closest dealer.

Best of luck is about all I can say, I went down a very similar road with a brand new dodge truck and non-stop transmission issues. 45 days total in the shop before they finally found the problem but the transmission had overheated so many times I knew it was a time bomb so I traded it for a different brand. It sucks that some poor slob bought my headache but sometimes it's the best option in the long run. If I were this guy I'd consider getting rid of these two machines and buying a different color.

12. Top | #50
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:07 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog View Post

That's what I would call out and out dealer fraud. Anyway, I could see a dealer not wanting to make multiple claims for the same problem if it's due to an incompetent mechanic doing the work. In that case I would think Deere would make the dealer take the hit.
    I do warranty work for a local GM dealer that doesn't have a body shop. You'd be surprised what they fix under warranty. I point out that their issue isn't with GM, it's with a shoddy repair job. They say we'll fix it....

A friend worked in that dealers parts department years ago. Had an iroc z with leaking intake manifold. Out of warranty by two years. Service department offered to fix it, warrantied under a 2 year newer car that was sitting on their lot.

And people wonder why GM went belly up. This is just the shenanigans going on in a small town.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Crracer712 For This Useful Post:

Fm5065 (10-04-2019)

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5