2038R hydraulic leek at transmission, dealer tried 6 times to fix it...
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree168Likes

Thread: 2038R hydraulic leek at transmission, dealer tried 6 times to fix it...

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:04 PM
    Thanks

Gentlemen, you may note that I also posted a new thread on how my 3046R tractor that is less than a year old has had a reoccurring 3pt hitch hitch jerking problem and has been to the dealership previously JD equipment and now owned by AgPro 21 times for warranty work, yes 21 times.

Now for the issues with my 2038R, this Tractor was purchased new from AgPro Lancaster. With 17hrs on the tractor it all of a sudden starting blowing hydraulic fluid under pressure forwards and backwards where the transmission bolts to the motor. The dealership had it for over a month, had to split the motor and tranny and stated there was little to zero factory applied sealant and that caused the leak. Unfortunalty for me, the leaking has re occurred and the the tractor has been taken back to AgPro 5 more times and is at the dealership now for this very issue.

2 brand new tractors, 27 warranty claims total and right now I have zero tractors on my property, both are at AgPro for service. I am truly sick to my stomach... my dealership in Lancaster has fired the store manager and 3 separate service managers. I have contacted Deere customer service and filed a claim, truthfully one of the more rude guys I’ve ever talked to in my life, zero compassion or help. I requested a meeting with a regional Deere rep and was told “he will contact you”, I asked for his number and was denied.

Has anyone had transmission leaks on their 2032/2038r tractors?

Any constructive suggestions on what I can do to kick this ball down the field?

Thank you very very much for all your help and suggestions, like I said I am just sick to my stomach I have 2 Deere tractors less than a year old, spent over $100,000 in tractors and implements, 27 warranty claims and they are both paperweights....

Jason

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Toughsox likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Thanks

This is the best AgPro service could do after 6 warranty claims for the exact same leak, always wet, even after detailing the tractor, typically leaks 2-3 table spoons per night. The leak hasn’t stopped for even 1 day, it has started leaking the very first day I bring it home from the dealership.

Jason

Last edited by Firemoore98; 09-22-2019 at 09:44 PM.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    NW Oregun Gutterslut...the Wet Side.... Gaston
    Thanks
    I feel like I should post the suicide Hotline ph #

This is Horrible...Is there any chance your homeowners ins. may come into play as these are basicly useless &" totaled"

Might be worth a shot...../Next step... Attorney General of your area or state.
    Dan

JD 955 ,70A loader, 60" mmm , Original I-match ,4' woods B hog , 5' Box blade , 12' orchard plane/driveway grader ,various other doo-dads & homebuilt implements. Goossen BFBlower, JakeRake..this thing is different.
    Kubota U-15
    Kubota RTV 900

47 8n......good times..V8 in my future possibly

Pharrell Williams - Freedom (Video) - YouTube ...George Michael - Freedom! ’90 (Official Video) - YouTube..

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by theduke View Post
    I feel like I should post the suicide Hotline ph #

This is Horrible...Is there any chance your homeowners ins. may come into play as these are basicly useless &" totaled"

Might be worth a shot...../Next step... Attorney General of your area or state.
    I have thought about every angle, stop making payments, start being a jerk, bring the tractors back and demand my money back, lawyer up etc.... but to be honest with you I bleed green and I am trying really and I mean really hard to be patient and get these 2 issues resolved, 1 with each of my 2 tractors. I just wish Deere or AgPro would care, step up and put their best engineers/mechanics on this and get these issues resolved. I am running out of options and patience and posting this was a last resort, last ditch call for help, maybe someone has had these issues and has a fix, or maybe someone at Deere or AgPro reads this and wants to help... either way I have nothing to loose...

Thanks again guys

Jason

rtgt, theduke, PJR832 and 1 others like this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:11 AM
    Thanks
    No issues for me like this and I do not believe I would ever have this issue with my dealer. I hope your regional rep can do something for you because you’re not posting this vindictively. You just want help and if you’re doing that here I suspect you have done the same with your dealer. I sure hope both of these get solved.
    DRobinson, rtgt, BigJim55 and 6 others like this.
    Welcome to Intermission.

2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

8. Top | #6
    Big
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:56 PM
    Thanks
    There are allot of great people here on GTT and a wealth of knowledge when it comes to tractors that will hopefully get you some answers as to what is going on.
    glc, rtgt, BigJim55 and 4 others like this.
    -2017 2032R, 220r Loader, I-Match, Ken's Extended Top Hook, MMM, JD Ballast Box, Dual rear SCV's, Single Point Hydraulic Connection, Landscape Rake, Tarter Tiller, Boom Pole, Middle Buster/Potato Plow, Drag Harrow, Single Row Hipper, 5' Enorossi sickle bar, 3 point spike drag, Titan 42" Forks, 60" Box Blade, Landpride 3 point spreader, Leinbach 5' Disc.

-Bobcat 325G Mini Ex
    -Toro Dingo 322 with many attachments
    -Honda Pioneer 700

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:46 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Firemoore98 View Post

This is the best AgPro service could do after 6 warranty claims for the exact same leak, always wet, even after detailing the tractor, typically leaks 2-3 table spoons per night. The leak hasn’t stopped for even 1 day, it has started leaking the very first day I bring it home from the dealership.

Jason

Have you/they pinpointed the source of the latest leak? Is it leaking from between the shaft and the seal? Is it leaking from between the seal and the housing? Is it leaking from between housing mating surfaces? This is the first step in determining corrective action. Have them blast it clean with degreaser and then turn the lights off and use a black light to see if you can identify the source of the leak while running the tractor. Find Oil Leaks Easily With a UV Dye Light - YouTube They clearly know no what they are doing, even if they are honestly working in good faith to fix it. Give them some help that they don't really want! Seriously! May I ask what their corrective action has been for each of the six claims? How did they fix it? How did they troubleshoot it? etc.... etc.... If it was me, I would insist upon seeing the affected tractor pieces taken apart while they are repairing it so I could personally assess the condition of everything, I.e. Shaft diameter and condition, seal condition, housing bore diameter and condition, mating surfaces condition of all parts....

Sincerely
    Last edited by HomesteadJoe; 09-23-2019 at 07:01 AM.
    BigJim55 and Herminator like this.
    BadAss 2038R, R3s, R4s, Spacers, Eng & Tranny Heaters, LEDs, Cages, Fender Flares, Front Fenders, iMatch, Heavy Hitch, Hitch-N-Can, 800# Quick Tach Weights, 220R Loader, Single Point Hyd, 57" HD Bucket, WR Long Tooth Bar & 3rd Function Hyd, 55" Wicked Root Rake Grapple, 270B Backhoe, 72D MMM, Front 3 pt Hitch, 366 FMB Blade, PHD300 Post Hole Digger w\ Auger Set, LR2172 Landscape Rake w/gage Wheels, RB2072 Rear Blade, BB2072 Box Blade, AP12F Pallet Forks, EA 72" Pine Needle Rake, Fit-Rite TNT

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:50 PM
    Thanks
    Do tractors fall under the vehicle lemon laws?
    Zebrafive likes this.
    2018 1025r. 260B backhoe, 120r loader, Titan 36" forks, Frontier RT1142 tiller
    1995 Lowes branded riding mower.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 05:58 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Firemoore98 View Post

Jason

AgPro is your dealer. I'm very sorry about that. They are one of the largest Deere dealerships & are the very worst to do business with because of their size & power.

I had almost the same situation here with my tractor & AgPro. Had a bad mid PTO seal leak. Pulled the Transaxle myself & brought them the transaxle to replace the seal. The Jackass mechanic they gave the job to took like four months to put the seal in because he was as dumb as they come. Finally get the transaxle back & in 8 hours of run time its leaking again.

They fired the mechanic & this time they took the tractor in complete. I waited about a month while they hired a new mechanic. They did all the tear down work, replaced the oil seal & delivered the tractor back to me under a 90 day warranty. All work was covered by Deere's new parts warranty. What the first mechanic did was that he Rolled the oil seal when he put everything back. Short story, the jerk could not figure out how to place the gears back inside the case & he just shoved everything back in. The new guy showed me the damage that was done. The new guy was a young guy that had technical school training in Power train equipment. After six months or so of hell, finally got a tractor that does not leak.

AgPro is so big and if your not one of their million dollar steady customers the attitude is you go to the back burner & wait & maybe you might get a break & a mechanic that knows what he/she is doing. They have a real problem getting qualified people to do the repairs. There's just no one around any longer with the proper technical training & "Brains" to be a quality technician.
    Zebrafive and BigJim55 like this.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:12 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog View Post
    They have a real problem getting qualified people to do the repairs. There's just no one around any longer with the proper technical training & "Brains" to be a quality technician.
    I think this is a problem plaguing a lot of places, not just John Deere Dealers. Not many people want to be a mechanic anymore. I read an article about how hard recruiting is for the military. Most young people don't qualify because they are overweight, have health issues, can't pass the ASVAB Or what ever it is called now or have a bad criminal record. Of those left that actually would qualify, the large majority have no interest. I get it, military life isn't for everyone and like it not everyone wants to be a mechanic.

For the OP. I was wondering also if this might fall under a lemon law as well. Some of that depends on your state though. Also being without any machine on your property can be a challenge. Have they offered or have you asked about a loaner? Heck even if you can get a used machine it would be better than nothing.
    glc, DRobinson, Maddog and 1 others like this.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sennister For This Useful Post:

Maddog (09-29-2019)

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast