• 2 Post By PJR832
  • 3 Post By Ray_PA

Thread: Hydraulic pump upgrade.

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    12-05-2019 @ 06:51 PM
    Thanks

Hydraulic pump upgrade.

I am wondering if there is an upgrade for the hydraulic pump on a 2018 2025R?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:21 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,182 Times in 2,613 Posts
    Short answer, no.
    If you need faster hydraulics and/or more lift capacity, you need a larger tractor.
    All the plumbing and valves are sized for the pump it has, so replacing it with a larger one may just add heat and do damage.

Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:29 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    Short answer, no.
    If you need faster hydraulics and/or more lift capacity, you need a larger tractor.
    All the plumbing and valves are sized for the pump it has, so replacing it with a larger one may just add heat and do damage.

Kenny is 100% correct as usual, as you will see. If you need a bigger hydraulic pump it’ll come attached to a bigger tractor.
    Kennyd, BigJim55, Ray_PA and 2 others like this.
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:51 AM
    Thanks
    Kenny is absolutely correct!!

That said, I have to ask, what reason would there be for wanting to increase the hydraulic pump size on a 2025R???
    PJR832 and KHodges like this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 06:47 AM
    Thanks

What Kenny said. . .

You can pretty much take Kenny's answers to the bank as being correct.

In this case, there might be an exception if you are doing something that could use an external pump. Some chippers go that route with the PTO driving a pump and reservoir as well as the cutting knives. That gives them a hydraulic feed for the chipper but it's not using the tractor hydraulics.

Another exception would be a front mounted hydraulic mower or snowblower using a rear PTO driven pump and reservoir. Pretty much any hydraulic motor of any size is going to take more hydraulic flow than a 2 or even 3 series puts out but the PTO driven pumps can have the capacity. Whether a 2 series has the weight to handle something like that is another question.

For any "normal" use, Kenny is spot on.

Treefarmer
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:39 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,635 Times in 1,340 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray_PA View Post
    Kenny is absolutely correct!!

That said, I have to ask, what reason would there be for wanting to increase the hydraulic pump size on a 2025R???
    That would be my question, I wondered if possibly he was just looking for more lift and simply wording it the wrong way. There have been a lot of us with the new 2025R that have needed a pressure increase.
    IndianaJim and Ray_PA like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:51 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PJR832 View Post
    That would be my question, I wondered if possibly he was just looking for more lift and simply wording it the wrong way. There have been a lot of us with the new 2025R that have needed a pressure increase.
    That's possible!!!

I guess we all try to do more than our tractors were designed to do at times, it is sort of our nature, but changing a hydraulic pump to something bigger will simply supply more flow, not more pressure.

Pressure is what enables movement, flow is how fast it will move. A 6 gallon per minute pump or a 20 gallon per minute pump can generate the same amount of working pressure. The 20 GPM pump will simply get it done faster.
    balrog006, Treefarmer and PJR832 like this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements