Green Tractor Talk banner

Life before a 2520.

4K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Johndeere3720 
#1 ·
After owning a 2520 for going on 3 years now, I wonder how I ever lived without it. It is by far the best tool in the garage. For all of you out there deciding to buy one or not, just do it and you wont regret it.

#2 ·
Just for my near future enlightenment... You're not sorry you didn't go 2720 then? I'm thinking TLB and mowing in either case.

#4 ·
I'm just glad I moved to th 30 class when i was thinking about the 23's. My only regret is that I didn't go to the 40's. I'm doing some heavy lifting/pulling and bigger would have definitely been better.

Tractor Agricultural machinery Vehicle Grass Tree

#8 ·
I don't have a 2520. I have it's bigger brother, the 2720. It's a very nice, highly refined machine. The engine is smooth and powerful. It mows well but really excels in loader & backhoe work. It's quite a worker for it's size and weight! The loader and backhoe are very responsive, even at lower engine speeds which is the result of impressive hydraulic capacity. The compact size and hydro drive make for a very maneuverable package. All that said my previous rig was a larger, heavier 1070 equipped with a 10 backhoe. I do miss the larger capacity front loader & bucket when moving dirt. It was also pretty nice having the extended reach of the 10 backhoe. Might be moving up to a larger machine. Just bought some land adjacent to my property and have another project in mind.

Frank

#12 ·
I have a 2520 and am QUITE happy with it. I mow about an acre, but I bought it for its lifting capabilities. I move firewood around a lot, including taking up to 1,000 lb logs off of my trailer and stacking them to start seasoning. I also use my Artillian pallet forks to move split / stacked wood on pallets around 1/3 of a cord or so at a time.

Automotive exterior Vehicle
Wood Wall Stone wall Fence Lumber

#15 ·
There ya go! Aren't we the coolest guys on the coolest forum? At least I am, just ask me.:lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.