Results 4,181 to 4,190 of 4232
Like Tree32084Likes

Thread: What did you conquer with your MCUT

1. Top | #4181

Last Online
    Today @ 12:18 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlegreenmachine View Post
    Well the problem is going between the two. If you have WiFi and connected go outside playing some music or some app that streams data and doesnít buffer it ahead. Keep walking. You will see that sooner or later you will lose internet while connected. Your phone will stay with a signal but it wonít get any actual internet. As you go in and out of that zone everything will be all screwed up.

The other thing is that most apps need internet whether itís cell service or house WiFi. Your gps may be trying to track you but if you loose service the app canít talk to gps to make sure you are in the right spot. If you use something like google maps or apple maps and you lose service you could lose it all. I think if you map out your directions with internet it will basically download the entire trip Incase you lose service. Once you lose service you will not be able to re route or find other locations.
    Some map apps will let you download whole states or areas to offline mode. If the John Deere app would let you save everything to offline mode you would be fine. But then you are looking at an app that could only be 1gig on your phone being 60gig having the whole world downloaded on your phone.
    I don't think that's how an app like this works. The phone is a GPS receiver and can receive location information via satellite without cell or wifi service. Nothing coming through cell/wifi data connection locates you when you're using GPS location (if you don't give your app GPS location access then it relies on very rough network info from data, but that is NOT what this app uses it can't be, because that is no better than zip code). Apps like Google Maps need a data connection to pull data for the map display (the base map) but not for knowing where you are. For instance, if you download 'offline map data' from Maps you can use it normally without a data connection/cell signal. I've done this on snowmobiling trips up in the mountains where there is no cell signal.

While I have no idea how the Deere app actually works, I'd suspect that without a data connection it would still track accurately if you have a good GPS signal even if it can't show it on the 'map' until you get back to data. It's all speculation on both our parts at this point but I believe this is how it works.

Rob
    greenharley, Herminator and PJR832 like this.
    2016 x758 w/60" HC mower, 54" snowblower, MC519 bagger
    2010 2520 w/61" H130 loader, TA 42" forks, KK 60" Pro tiller, iMatch quick hitch, KK middle buster
    1996 345 - Traded
    Other toys: Stihl BR600 backpack blower; McCulloch chainsaws: 10-10S, 700, 805, 10-10; JD trimmer

2520:__________________________x758:__________________________Faithful 345:___________________

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BigBlue For This Useful Post:

Herminator†(08-13-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #4182
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:37 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue View Post
    Apps like Google Maps need a data connection to pull data for the map display (the base map) but not for knowing where you are. For instance, if you download 'offline map data' from Maps you can use it normally without a data connection/cell signal. I've done this on snowmobiling trips up in the mountains where there is no cell signal.
    Thank you. I did not know this.

My mower plus app though always works. It is a little goofy with some mowing into the home or in the street once in a while but very good for the most part.
    BigJim55, greenharley and PJR832 like this.
    Welcome to Intermission.

2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

5. Top | #4183

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:08 PM
    Thanks
    I don't think that's how an app like this works. The phone is a GPS receiver and can receive location information via satellite without cell or wifi service. Nothing coming through cell/wifi data connection locates you when you're using GPS location (if you don't give your app GPS location access then it relies on very rough network info from data, but that is NOT what this app uses it can't be, because that is no better than zip code). Apps like Google Maps need a data connection to pull data for the map display (the base map) but not for knowing where you are. For instance, if you download 'offline map data' from Maps you can use it normally without a data connection/cell signal. I've done this on snowmobiling trips up in the mountains where there is no cell signal.

While I have no idea how the Deere app actually works, I'd suspect that without a data connection it would still track accurately if you have a good GPS signal even if it can't show it on the 'map' until you get back to data. It's all speculation on both our parts at this point but I believe this is how it works.

Rob

I agree that we are both speculating. Iím not 100% sure. For what I do know and seeing an issue Iím speculating that maps inside the John Deere app are not in the app that you downloaded. It would make the John Deere app take up to much useless space on ones phone. So when you go to mow you need internet connection for maps. It then must keep a connection so the maps and the gps can tell you each other where they both are at. The maps are only data taalking to your phone with an Internet connection.
    You can see what I mean by using a map app and if you donít have internet you will see your gps dot on a blank canvas. The phone and gps know where you are in the world but with no Internet the road canít show up to show you where you are on a map.

I think we both on the same page.
    greenharley and PJR832 like this.
    LGM= Little Green Machine!!
    2018 2025TLB

BB2048L Box blade.
    Imatch quick hitch
    AV20F grapple
    Artillian diverter kit
    3pt tractor receiver hitch
    LR2060L Landscape Rake
    LP1060L Land Plane
    Homemade quick attach forks . http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...uild-soon.html
    *Please Lord give me the strength to add to this list when my wife isnít paying attention*

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4184

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rtgt View Post
    So what you are saying is you are one of those tourists invading CT's paradise and tearing up his driveway.
    Hey, what a great idea we should all help out and drive up there to fix his road up good for him. Yep we be tourists

8. Top | #4185

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
    I've tried that app a couple times and it doesn't seem to work.
    First time I had on my battery saver, so that kills location/GPS once it goes to sleep, so I understand that one.
    But second time (see below) I turned all that off. So full location and GPS available the whole time.

I didn't mow over my house and I did mow my whole lawn... so I'm not sure what's going on.
    i suspect you are going to a cell network first and not direct to the sat. Ive had that issue in the past with mobil apps so i now use a dedicated garmin gps sat reciever which seems to be accurate to within inches
    greenharley and Herminator like this.

9. Top | #4186

Last Online
    Thanks
    I agree that we are both speculating. Iím not 100% sure. For what I do know and seeing an issue Iím speculating that maps inside the John Deere app are not in the app that you downloaded. It would make the John Deere app take up to much useless space on ones phone. So when you go to mow you need internet connection for maps. It then must keep a connection so the maps and the gps can tell you each other where they both are at. The maps are only data taalking to your phone with an Internet connection.
    You can see what I mean by using a map app and if you donít have internet you will see your gps dot on a blank canvas. The phone and gps know where you are in the world but with no Internet the road canít show up to show you where you are on a map.

I think we both on the same page.
    Next time I mow I'll put my phone into airplane mode and see how it works with no data connection.
    2010 2520 w/61" H130 loader, TA 42" forks, KK 60" Pro tiller, iMatch quick hitch, KK middle buster
    1996 345 - Traded
    Other toys: Stihl BR600 backpack blower; McCulloch chainsaws: 10-10S, 700, 805, 10-10; JD trimmer

2520:__________________________x758:__________________________Faithful 345:___________________

10. Top | #4187

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:08 PM
    Thanks
    Next time I mow I'll put my phone into airplane mode and see how it works with no data connection.
    Good idea
    Put it on airplane before you open the app also. Before it has time to load the area
    greenharley and PJR832 like this.
    LGM= Little Green Machine!!
    2018 2025TLB

BB2048L Box blade.
    Imatch quick hitch
    AV20F grapple
    Artillian diverter kit
    3pt tractor receiver hitch
    LR2060L Landscape Rake
    LP1060L Land Plane
    Homemade quick attach forks . http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...uild-soon.html
    *Please Lord give me the strength to add to this list when my wife isnít paying attention*

11. Top | #4188
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:24 PM
    Thanks
    Conquered my potatoes! Found this idea on here to use the backhoe for harvest. Had some help sorting them out of the dirt from my daughter. Canned some and still have a good many more to do something with.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AFB8B90E-F194-4753-9524-0FDD330DB0C8.jpeg F3D17A2D-9CAD-48E9-A3ED-6B89E150D94A.jpeg 32E0CCA3-05EC-454F-A8F2-C2D11D441044.jpeg 0A87BDAE-7F60-49A8-98F0-64AD35E5B913.jpeg
    Gizmo2, Bubber, OxPath and 7 others like this.
    2019 2025r: Galaxy R3+, 60D AutoConnect, 120r loader, 260b backhoe, AP10F 42Ē forks

1948 Farmall Cub: L-54 snow plow, 193 one bottom plow
    Husqvarna push mower (I forget the model)
    Husqvarna 562XP chainsaw: 24" bar w/ skip tooth, 20Ē Power Match full comp
    Craftsman 18" chainsaw

12. Top | #4189

Last Online
    Thanks
    Good idea
    Put it on airplane before you open the app also. Before it has time to load the area
    That's not the point of the exercise. I'm curious if the GPS tracking is disrupted by a lack of data connection during mowing. At some point it is going to load the map, either before or after the mowing is done, no matter what. It's just about seeing whether sporadic data conn would cause the weird tracking shown above.

Rob
    1996 345 - Traded

13. Top | #4190
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,025 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rjpoog1989 View Post
    Conquered my potatoes! Found this idea on here to use the backhoe for harvest. Had some help sorting them out of the dirt from my daughter. Canned some and still have a good many more to do something with.
    Nothing like fresh canned potatoes - make the easiest best home fries!
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 419 of 424 FirstFirst ... 319 369 409 417 418 419 420 421 ... LastLast