• 4 Post By mjncad
  • 2 Post By tj1

Thread: Vibrating Soil Screen

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-04-2019 @ 11:11 AM
    Thanks

Vibrating Soil Screen

I've been hand sifting soil (with small rocks and junk) and composted material through a 2'x4' framed screen (1/2" opening) into the FEL bucket. I've been thinking about adding an industrial electric vibrator to speed up the process.

Has anyone else used a Vibco DC-60 or Vibco CD-60/200 for this purpose? What recommendations do you have?

The tech at Vibco recommended a 1' drop over the 4' width of my screen. This seems excessive, but will play around with various angles until I get the unwanted junk to "roll" down the screen.
    mjncad and PJR832 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:01 PM
    Thanks
    If you are trying to create garden soil,I think your screen size is too small.
    I have a tiller that when counter-rotating, will remove EVERY rock golf ball and larger in size.

After two times tilling, My garden went from a rock yard to being like potting soil.

Small rocks add necessary minerals,, so,,,
    consider trying a MUCH larger screen,, maybe one inch??

With the large screen,, almost any motion will make the separation functional.
    Some of the tractors include JD 4105, JD 855, JD 650,,,, and,,, the IH 584 4WD
    My favorite attachment is the homemade landplane,,, EVERYONE needs one of those!!

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:30 AM
    Thanks
    I love what they say about themselves at the top of their website.
    56FordGuy, tj1, lewisc1985 and 1 others like this.
    I have more ideas than ambition.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    tj1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:42 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoC4 View Post
    I've been hand sifting soil (with small rocks and junk) and composted material through a 2'x4' framed screen (1/2" opening) into the FEL bucket. I've been thinking about adding an industrial electric vibrator to speed up the process.

Has anyone else used a Vibco DC-60 or Vibco CD-60/200 for this purpose? What recommendations do you have?

The tech at Vibco recommended a 1' drop over the 4' width of my screen. This seems excessive, but will play around with various angles until I get the unwanted junk to "roll" down the screen.
    1/2" seems to small 3/4 or higher would be the ticket and a 1' drop is not to excessive. I have one (not that brand) on my sander and the vibration from these is more than enough to roll the larger junk off that screen, one more hint, get two screens of heavy duty material and cross hatch the screens so it will not break when you load the product. It will work like a charm, you will be surprised how fast material moves thru the screen.. Just make it so it fits the bucket and roll your bucket for the drop you want then make the drop piece from that measurement, why fool around when you can get what you want without wasting materials.. Good luck.. and it's a great idea by the way, similar to an industrial rock screening machine for construction.
    Jeff

X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements