Green Tractor Talk banner

Some new teeth

3K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  CADplans 
#1 ·
I’ve never really liked the tooth setup, spacing or arrangement of the teeth on my 9” and 13” backhoe buckets for my BH46.

The 9” only had one on the outsides, angled out with an ~8” gap between the tips, the 13” had the same teeth in the corners angled out but with one in the center, but still had gaps of about ~7”.

This means that these buckets do dig but don’t clean out the bottom of a hole or trench very well at all and it’s inefficient to try to use the bucket to move the dirt back into the hole as the tooth spacing leaves too much dirt behind, and if I want to scrape up an area to loosen it I have to overlap my passes....

Enter Romac Industrial Parts where I found near exact replacement weld on shanks and teeth to match these buckets.
Item # 835-2A, WELD ON ADAPTER On Romac Industrial Parts

Item # 2A, FABRICATED TOOTH On Romac Industrial Parts

I cut off the tooth/shank from the middle of the 13” bucket and welded it in the middle of the 9”, giving a max spacing of just over 3”. I welded two new teeth on the 13” between the two outside ones giving me a 3.5” spacing. Can’t wait to use my new improved teeth!!!!!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Back in 2010 after it drove me crazy I added two, for the same reason.

View attachment 556625 _ View attachment 556633

I thought I remembered seeing your post and picture previously, and considered going with 5, but the new shanks were a bit different than the old ones and changed the angle and height of the teeth so I ended up using the one from the 13” on the 9” bucket as it matched better and then modifying the two new ones on the 13” with my grinder before I welded them on. I also considered that with heavy digging, too many teeth on the larger bucket may impede function so I settled on 4.

Giz-are the teeth on yours original? Strange that they’re different than mine from the look of the rear of the tooth?

#10 ·
When I built my first DIY backhoe bucket,, I asked my wife to get me teeth for it for Christmas,,

Well, my 4 year old daughter went to her pre-school and told her teacher that I was getting new teeth for Christmas,,

The next time I saw that teacher, she asked if everything was OK with my dental problem,,
I did not understand the question, then she told me that Rachel said I was getting new teeth for Christmas!!
LOL!! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Oscar Leroy