Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By nikdfish

Thread: New Leads for the old AC-225-S

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:34 PM
    Thanks

New Leads for the old AC-225-S

I picked up an old Lincoln AC-225-S a while back & have been using it for a few small projects. I finally got around to replacing what appeared old enough to be original leads (maybe...). After getting it home I had (re-)patched them in multiple places with self-fusing tape w/an over-wrap of vinyl tape before using it but the old stuff really needed replacing.

I picked up some new lead wire from WeldingSupply.com. I went with 4 AWG as that appeared to be what the original size (also each new lead is only about 18' & I typically run pretty small rod). I also decided to do a small upgrade & added Dinse style panel connect sockets, with mating connectors on the leads. The Dinse connectors came from Amazon.com. If I need heavier/longer leads, with the disconnects it will be easy to do a swap out. I crimped lugs on the internal replacement cables between welder & panel mount connectors.

While I had it open, I dosed the switch contacts with DeoxIT-D contact cleaner & worked the switch around all positions a few times to help clean & lube them up a bit. Sorry, but I didn't think to get any pics before things were all closed up.

Last edited by nikdfish; 04-03-2018 at 07:52 PM.
    2010 JD 3038e w/305 FEL 2013 JD 1025R FILB 2017 JD x394
    RC2060 rotary cutter, BB2060 Box Blade, Strap-On Pallet Forks, Jinma 6" Chipper, Tarter 5' Tiller, TSC Middle-buster, Agri-Supply Keulavator,
    Caroni TC590 5' Finish Mower, TSC 6' Landscape Blade, TSC 6' Landscape Rake, TSC Post Hole Digger, Modified TSC Carry-All w/deck & casters

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:27 AM
    Thanks
    Looks great.
    Welcome to Intermission.

2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

4. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements