Ammo Can Tool Box for iMatch on 2038R - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Ammo Can Tool Box for iMatch on 2038R

1. Top | #11

Last Online
    10-30-2019 @ 10:24 AM
    Thanks
    I also cut the rib on the ammo can here, that’s why there’s black paint there. It’s a snug fit, but I needed every little bit of clearance I could get so that it can’t hit the fender.

mjncad, Jim Timber, PJR832 and 1 others like this.
    2017 2038R w/220R FEL, 72D MMM.
    BB2065 Box Blade
    HLA 1500 72" Snow Push w/Back Drag kit.
    Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #12
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:03 PM
    Thanks
    Well, I finally did it. Here is my version of an ammo can toolbox for my 4066R. I originally bought a small plastic toolbox and thought I would mount it on the battery box under the right door, but decided it was not sturdy enough. I like the idea of mounting it to the iMatch which is on the tractor 95% of the time anyway, so this is what I did. The pics are all turned sideways, but the view is not that much of a problem, so I left them alone. I bought 2 of these large ammo cans one time when I was in TSC for a bargain price, so already had it on hand. I thought about making a frame, but I believe this will work fine. As you can see, I reinforced the inside mounts with 1/4 inch steel as I felt that the ammo can did not have enough strength in the sidewalls. 1/4 inch x 6 inch cap screw bolts with stop nuts and a thin washer worked out just fine with no protrusion into the ammo can when using the 1/4 inch thick plates inside and outside.

Dave

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	toolbox1.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	640476

Name:	toolbox2.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	640478

Name:	toolbox3.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	804.9 KB 
ID:	640480
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ddinham For This Useful Post:

PJR832 (07-27-2018), tjhowell63 (11-21-2019)

5. Top | #13

Last Online
    07-19-2019 @ 07:51 PM
    Thanks
    I just bought this and wish I would have seen the ammo box idea before, it's not really a toolbox to me . It's more of a basket with some attachments that I can strap a hoe or shovel or something like that in.

mjncad, Kickin_killa and nebo like this.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #14
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:30 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,714 Times in 1,301 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ddinham View Post
    Well, I finally did it. Here is my version of an ammo can toolbox for my 4066R. I originally bought a small plastic toolbox and thought I would mount it on the battery box under the right door, but decided it was not sturdy enough. I like the idea of mounting it to the iMatch which is on the tractor 95% of the time anyway, so this is what I did.
    If your hydraulic top-link is retracted and you lift the 3PH all the way does the box hit anything?
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

8. Top | #15
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    If your hydraulic top-link is retracted and you lift the 3PH all the way does the box hit anything?
    No. It is all clear.

Dave

Sent from my Samsung Note using Tapatalk
    jgayman likes this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

9. Top | #16
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:26 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    I just bought this and wish I would have seen the ammo box idea before, it's not really a toolbox to me . It's more of a basket with some attachments that I can strap a hoe or shovel or something like that in.

A basket is better than nothing.
    Steve O likes this.
    I have more ideas than ambition.

10. Top | #17
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ddinham View Post
    Well, I finally did it. Here is my version of an ammo can toolbox for my 4066R. I originally bought a small plastic toolbox and thought I would mount it on the battery box under the right door, but decided it was not sturdy enough. I like the idea of mounting it to the iMatch which is on the tractor 95% of the time anyway, so this is what I did. The pics are all turned sideways, but the view is not that much of a problem, so I left them alone. I bought 2 of these large ammo cans one time when I was in TSC for a bargain price, so already had it on hand. I thought about making a frame, but I believe this will work fine. As you can see, I reinforced the inside mounts with 1/4 inch steel as I felt that the ammo can did not have enough strength in the sidewalls. 1/4 inch x 6 inch cap screw bolts with stop nuts and a thin washer worked out just fine with no protrusion into the ammo can when using the 1/4 inch thick plates inside and outside.

Dave

Name:	toolbox1.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	640476
    I did not pay much attention to the bolts when I got home with them. They are 5 inch cap screw bolts, not 6 inch. I hope this does not mess somebody up that was trying to match this. The 5 inch worked better anyway as there was no protrusion in the box. Had they actually been 6 inch bolts, I would have reversed them and put the extra outside the box. I drilled the hole for the round head end just a little bigger so the shoulder could be in the hole just enough to keep it from turning.

Dave
    JD4044M likes this.
    JD 4066R CAB

11. Top | #18
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post

Here is a pic with the 3pt raised fully and the hyd top link fully retracted. As you can see, plenty of clearance.

Dave

Name:	ammo tool box.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	643862
    mjncad, mark02tj, keane and 2 others like this.
    JD 4066R CAB

12. Top | #19

Last Online
    Today @ 10:35 AM
    Thanks

Giving me some good ideas

One day while I was at our local dump (The type with just large dumpsters you back up to), I found someone had thrown away about 25 like brand new ammo cans. I've found so many outdoor uses for them besides storing my ammo. Been looking for a feasible solution to putting one on my 1025r. I really like the idea of being able to remove the box while having it securely stable under normal circumstances. I am currently taking some welding classes as I have always wanted to learn the trade. (I have so much steel around the shop). Along with some good John Deere green paint, I hope to be able to create some things that look factory and not an add-on just stuck somewhere.

I too need an area to get to my PTO with the quick attach on. It's quite a stretch for a 60 yr old man. This gives me a great chance to now use my new skills to practice and make something useful.

Thank you all for the ideas, that is what these forums are for. Letting us know what works and what doesn't. Since not a lot of pics with a 1025r, I will include pics when I'm done...Stay tuned.
    mjncad, odis and JD4044M like this.
    ~Tommy~

• 2019 John Deere 1025r ("Greenbeard")
    • 120r Front Loader
    • 60D Belly Mower
    • FRONTIER RC2048 Rotary Cutter
    • MTL Grapple
    • BoltOn Hooks by Kenny
    • Quick Hitch by Titan Dist.
    • Heavy Hitch Bucket Tooth Bar (Piranha)
    • Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch Drawbar with Suitcase Weight Bracket
    • Titan Industries Clamp on Forks with stabilizer bar
    • Rim Guard filled rear tires
    • Large metal ammo box installed on bracket bolted to loader arm (Doubles as step)
    • BoltOn Hooks ROPS Clamps

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2