• 2 Post By wardlake
  • 1 Post By Dr Kubar

Thread: Homemade Parana toothbar

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:46 PM
    Thanks

Homemade Parana toothbar

I've got access to a computer guided plasma cutter and am thinking of making a Parana type toothbar from scratch. You think it can be done?

Anyone know how thick the metal is and if the bar and the tabs are the same thickness?
    Dr Kubar likes this.
    2008 John Deere 4010MCUT R4 tires with 410 loader, 5' box, 5' grader, 5' Rock Rake 4' John Deere Brush cutter, Linebacher (SP) Auger, 42" Homemade ripper, Homemade 3pt trailer hitch.

Not a clue what I'm doing, but it's always lots of fun.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:18 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 2,509 Posts
    Can it be done? Sure. I think itís made from 1/2 Abrasion Resistant steel, but itís been awhile since I looked at mine. Itís cut on a 3D plasma though so the teeth are beveled, can the one you have access to do that? Have you priced design, material and machine time?
    mark02tj and Dr Kubar like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    Can it be done? Sure. I think itís made from 1/2 Abrasion Resistant steel, but itís been awhile since I looked at mine. Itís cut on a 3D plasma though so the teeth are beveled, can the one you have access to do that? Have you priced design, material and machine time?

It's at my local high school and would be a student project. The only cost would be materials.
    Oscar Leroy and Dr Kubar like this.
    2008 John Deere 4010MCUT R4 tires with 410 loader, 5' box, 5' grader, 5' Rock Rake 4' John Deere Brush cutter, Linebacher (SP) Auger, 42" Homemade ripper, Homemade 3pt trailer hitch.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:36 AM
    Thanks
    It should be a learning experience. It would be fun if you could run a partial program on a small piece to get your angles where you want them. Have Fun!
    Oscar Leroy and Dr Kubar like this.
    3033R, JD Top and Tilt, Rim Guard, IMatch, 3rd SCV, 4th and 5th remotes, Power Beyond, 3rd function on FEL, Auxiliary lights, Heavy Hitch w/ 16 - 42# weights, 320R FEL, 73" heavy bucket with bolt on blade, JD 60" material bucket, JD Pallet Forks, BB2566 Land Pride Box Blade, GS 1572 Land Pride Land Plane, 5' King Kutter Brush Hog, 7' King Kutter land scrape rake and EA 60" single lid grapple. 2-930M ZTracs w/54" and 2-345 w/54" and 519 carts. 620-I Camo Gator w/All Hydraulic Plow.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:08 AM
    Thanks
    Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
    Oscar Leroy likes this.
    2016 X739, 2018 1025R, 60HC mmm Auto Conn, FEL, BH, Frontier Forks, Woods finish mower, CF Box Blade, Taylor Way TP 923 Rotary Tiller, County Line Landscape Rake, County Line Auger, Ratchet Rake, Ken's Bolt-on Hooks and Differential Pedal, and a few home-made contraptions to attach.
    Refugee from the Kingdom of Orange Tractors

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:27 PM
    Thanks
    If I had access to a machine like that I would make two bars in a heart beat..
    Not necessarily the same tooth pattern as the purchased Piranha, but back to back teeth on the two bars, offset just enough to make them turn out identical when laid together.

I have a purchased Piranha bar and it works well. I got it mostly to prevent ware on the bucket edge. I do intend to invent a bar that works better at scoring ice and cleaning snow on the drive and yard.

Be sure to post pictures.
    Keep your stick on the ice... Red Green

The further north you go, the more things that can and want to eat your horse and you. Grandpa Gilbert.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    That's a really interesting idea.

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Today @ 08:38 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnf View Post
    It's at my local high school and would be a student project. The only cost would be materials.
    The creative use of slave labor.

That could be a worthwhile project for the students. Let us know how it works out.
    Auguste . . . a blue collar guy working in a white collar world
    Rexton, New Brunswick, Canada

JD Tractor aka Bucky
    2018 1025r ~ New in April 2018

Accessories ~ Front End Loader ~ Backhoe ~ Mid-Mounter Mower ~ Box Blade ~ Fork Lift ~
    Roto Tiller ~ Chipper ~ Mulch Kit ~ Sub-soil Conditioner ~ Ballast Box ~ Plug Aerator ~
    Thatcherator ~ iMatch Quick Hitch ~ Landscape rake

Modifications Completed by Me ~ LED lights on roll bar ~ Mirrors ~ Shortened Rollbar to fit in Garage

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 08:38 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyobuckaroo View Post
    If I had access to a machine like that I would make two bars in a heart beat..
    Not necessarily the same tooth pattern as the purchased Piranha, but back to back teeth on the two bars, offset just enough to make them turn out identical when laid together.

I have a purchased Piranha bar and it works well. I got it mostly to prevent ware on the bucket edge. I do intend to invent a bar that works better at scoring ice and cleaning snow on the drive and yard.

Be sure to post pictures.
    Airports and public works have worked on that since the invention of graders, without a lot of success . . . they would love it if you could come up with an innovative solution . . . good luck!
    Auguste . . . a blue collar guy working in a white collar world
    Rexton, New Brunswick, Canada

JD Tractor aka Bucky
    2018 1025r ~ New in April 2018

Accessories ~ Front End Loader ~ Backhoe ~ Mid-Mounter Mower ~ Box Blade ~ Fork Lift ~
    Roto Tiller ~ Chipper ~ Mulch Kit ~ Sub-soil Conditioner ~ Ballast Box ~ Plug Aerator ~
    Thatcherator ~ iMatch Quick Hitch ~ Landscape rake

Modifications Completed by Me ~ LED lights on roll bar ~ Mirrors ~ Shortened Rollbar to fit in Garage

12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements