Pulling a Deep Well Pump with my Boom I built. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Pulling a Deep Well Pump with my Boom I built.

1. Top | #11
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rydplrs View Post
    A total of 3 people pulled a 420 foot well. I pulled the t handle across the yard, the other 2 did the lifting at the case. He was about 50’ from a pond. My grandmother was on a river but also had to go to 400’.
    I pulled my 350 ft well with a poly pipe up out of the well by myself. I did have 2 people laying out the 1 1/4" poly pipe as I pulled it up and a 3rd dealing with the wire. This one were trashing the steel pipe as it comes out with a "Saws-All" it has been in the well around 30 years! As it comes out I will lock a coupling in the holder till the cut is finished and just keep pulling up more to cut off. Were not sure how deep the pump is the report said the hole was drilled 405 feet not sure they set it that deep? Weighing the set up can tell me something before pulling it out or at least to be ready for. The original owners were pretty cheap and stupid from what I have saw so far. I just ripped out all the old stuff it was done so badly!! The boom can tip the tractor so it won't bend using it but I don't want the rear tires coming up on me in a lift.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #12

Last Online
    Today @ 08:03 AM
    Thanks
    The pump shouldn’t be on the bottom otherwise sediment would clog it fast and the pitless fitting would come apart.

I think you’ll be fine lift wise. Holding it while you reset the lift rope or chain is where I see potential issues.

I know one guy who dropped his and had to have the pipe and the pump drilled out. That driller was not happy to say the least, and his bill reflected that.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rydplrs For This Useful Post:

JD4044M (08-15-2019)

5. Top | #13

Last Online
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=JD4044M;3321630]
    Quote Originally Posted by CJadamec View Post
    400+ foot wells are common in my area. I got very lucky with mine and hit 19gal/min @180feet. I believe the well was over drilled down to 200' for sedimentation.

I've been wondering how I would go about trying to replace my well pump when I need to. Pictures of your setup would be handy to see. Where did you get the tool for the pitless adaptor.[/QUOTE

On a Pit Less Adapter they normally have a female threaded 1" hole you screw a 1" rigid pipe into for lifting the adapter out of the socket slide it is in. Look one up on the net lots of information on pulling one. This one the pipe is out the middle of the well cap where I can hook on to it easy for the first lift.
    I was honestly picturing something completely different when I thought of a pitless adapter. It makes a lot more sense now as to how it works.
    X738, 54HC deck w/ auto connect, 3PH
    Woods GBC48 box scraper
    Day dreaming of a 54" snow blower

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #14

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:56 PM
    Thanks
    I had to rig a dual hydraulic bottle jack setup to get the old pitiless adapter broken loose on my son's 40 year old well. It was scary getting it to pop loose because I was worried about the thread strength on that initial 1" lift pipe. I couldn't get it with a 800 pound lift on the loader.
    rydplrs and JD4044M like this.
    Jay

1981 JD400 that wants to be a 1023. H5 for separate 3PH and deck lift on fender. Home built loader and 3PH. Mini Skid Steer Quick Attach system on loader. 50 blower SSQA mounted front PTO driven.

8. Top | #15

Last Online
    Today @ 08:03 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpajay View Post
    I had to rig a dual hydraulic bottle jack setup to get the old pitiless adapter broken loose on my son's 40 year old well. It was scary getting it to pop loose because I was worried about the thread strength on that initial 1" lift pipe. I couldn't get it with a 800 pound lift on the loader.
    Initial breakout?
    JD4044M likes this.

9. Top | #16
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PJR832 View Post
    405 feet, wow, are they charging Chinese tariffs on your water.
    Some water wells near me are 1,200-feet deep.
    I have more ideas than ambition.

10. Top | #17
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,950 Times in 2,468 Posts
    Superglidesport and JD4044M like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

11. Top | #18
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Thanks
    Initial breakout?
    I will do the test today with how heavy it is close to the loader frame. I will hook to where I have a 2,000 lb lift and set up the scale to see what it is first. Once I know I will back up the tractor and lift the boom up 20 plus feet on about a 75 degree angle which will not put such a strain on the boom for a lift as it is not sticking out but up. I tested it out all the way and 500 lbs makes the back tires light. Come back 1/2 way you can lift 1,000 lbs before maxing the boom and starting to lift the rear tires. But you stick the boom up in the air for a real high lift and it can lift way more before the tires get light.
    mjncad likes this.

12. Top | #19

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:20 PM
    Thanks
    The bottom of our irrigation well was at 2200’ which was needed to hit the top of the aquifer. The static level then rose to 320’. The impeller was put at 520’ which drew the water level down to about 450’ or more when we turned it on. We were a smaller sized pump for our area at just over 700g/m with a 100 hp motor. The water came out hot at about 120 F.

Our home well was at 280’. So much iron that if you filled a bucket you couldn’t see the bottom. Drank out of a hose all growing up. At age 12 I tasted my first bottled water and spit it up because it tasted so bad without the iron... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    mjncad, BigJim55 and JD4044M like this.
    3046r Cab, H165 w/61" bucket, Frontier 72"BB, MX6, and Woods TCR68" Tiller.

13. Top | #20

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:56 PM
    Thanks
    Initial breakout?
    Yes. After the first inch all was fine. But it took some pretty substantial force to get started.
    Jay

1981 JD400 that wants to be a 1023. H5 for separate 3PH and deck lift on fender. Home built loader and 3PH. Mini Skid Steer Quick Attach system on loader. 50 blower SSQA mounted front PTO driven.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast