Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: What's on your bench today?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    08-18-2019 @ 08:55 AM
    Thanks

What's on your bench today?

Got things started on my hydraulic stump grinder.

Using only the finest recycled paper angle gages money can buy:

Heard a squeak out of my feeder that didn't sound right at all. Turned out I'm just getting down on the 44# spool and the wire squeals when it's drawn over the metal core.

So what are you working on sticking together? Post it up!
    mjncad, Gizmo2, farmgirl19 and 5 others like this.
    5065E MFWD w/553 loader

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    12-04-2018 @ 02:50 PM
    Thanks
    Man I wish you were my neighbor! Between the two of us we'd have a heck of a time! I'll take pics in the morning of the table I'm building for my wife. Have to wire wheel it and paint the frame. Build the benches and start the wood top...I'm not a woodworker so it might get interesting

Got my wrap off my second hand this morning. Last Monday I was doing some mowing and had to cut an old fence. When tying it back up I got in poison ivy. Figured I'd be ok since I scrubbed with bleach when I got home. Nope! It was all under my wrap and driving me nuts. Both hands are now on the way to being healed up!

Brett
    Levi, BigJim55, Jim Timber and 1 others like this.
    2017 5100E CAB H260
    ---FRONTIER BB4296
    ---MX15
    ---MX8
    ---EA 72" GRAPPLE

2017 KUBOTA ZD1211R
    2017 KUBOTA RTV-X1100C
    4K winch, 2lift, 27s

GONE AND FORGOTTEN
    2013 AND 2014 5055E CAB H240

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    That's funny, cause I've got a bunch of people who wished they weren't. None of them at my house though. Even the frumpy ones here are pretty tolerant of my activities. I've never gotten a noise complaint despite having the stereo blasting and the CNC mill running late into the night (early morning). I did go kinda ape when I built the shop so it wouldn't transmit sound well though, so they might not even hear me at their houses. No ones mentioned it so I don't ask (except for my closest neighbor and they claim they can't hear me).

I even had one lady (who tried getting my shop build shut down) bring up that she's noticed the lights on out there "all the time" and she's glad that I'm using it. She has no idea what I do in here. Took her about 5 years to even smile when I was outside, and another 2 to talk to me. Her husband's always been nice though. I think he understood I was using my property as I wanted within the confines of the code and there was nothing to be done about it. She didn't agree, because I put a 16' tall building in her formerly nice view of all the trees in the back yards looking down the block. And I started doing that about 3 months after they moved in.
    Levi, BigJim55 and gbnpp05 like this.
    5065E MFWD w/553 loader

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    We are fortunate our neighbors have no idea what we're doing. They all mind their own business. We live on 13 acres, I cleared out the middle and left a buffer all the way around for privacy. I'm wanting to start building a shop this fall. My lovely bride has had enough of me taking all the room in "her" garage. In her defense she can't park in there right now. My 4x8 welding table, log splitter, welding trailer and four wheeler are scattered around. We're supposed to get hit by TS bill in a few hrs so I left the welding trailer handy since its our backup generator also.

Our closest neighbor is a welder so he always has some kind of project going on. I think he's 1/4 mile away.

Brett
    Gizmo2, farmgirl19, Levi and 2 others like this.
    2017 5100E CAB H260
    ---FRONTIER BB4296
    ---MX15
    ---MX8
    ---EA 72" GRAPPLE

2017 KUBOTA ZD1211R
    2017 KUBOTA RTV-X1100C
    4K winch, 2lift, 27s

GONE AND FORGOTTEN

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    New house is going about 400' from the lot line on the closest side (800' on the next closest) so in the event the neighbor sells off the land between me and the back lake lots along the road, I'll never see another house from mine again. Suburbia is nice when you want Chipotle for lunch, but I can do without the neighbors being so damn close. I don't even like the lake because there's the same 20' between buildings as there is in the metro. My in-laws don't understand that. I have no desire to live in their cabin. None.
    farmgirl19 and BigJim55 like this.
    5065E MFWD w/553 loader

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I guess you guys either don't work on stuff during the week or it's all super top secret.

I got to the steel yard and picked up some much needed metal, then got back to work.

Almost mounted the fixed point for the cylinder, but decided that would hinder my options when the arm was built and called it a night. I didn't draw up prints for this, and have a general idea of what I expect it to look like in my head but that's constantly changing. Kinda hard to hit a moving target. I just need to sort out the final drive and then it's a lot of machining but relatively easy stuff.

I hope to be fetching my Wallenstein FX85 tomorrow, and then I'm headed up to put it into action, so this is going to be a cold project for a while. If it's not in, then I'll likely put some more shop time in on the grinder.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20150616_202707.jpg
    Kennyd, Gizmo2 and rustyshakelford like this.
    5065E MFWD w/553 loader

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jim Timber For This Useful Post:

RandyM(06-17-2015)

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:34 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,030 Times in 2,510 Posts
    My project for the last few evenings has been repairing the front shock mounts on a friends 32' roadster:
    Click image for larger version.

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	757.5 KB
ID:	47249

They were welded poorly to the very thin frame extensions and ripped out:

Views:	24
Size:	655.6 KB
ID:	47250 Click image for larger version.

Views:	26
Size:	652.6 KB
ID:	47251

I cut out all the bad stuff:

Views:	25
Size:	835.0 KB
ID:	47252

Then started wedling in new metal with my TIG, yes it looks terrible but this was before I was smart enough to raise the car off of the floor so I could work comfortably, and I'm still getting used to this TIG process:

Views:	30
Size:	657.5 KB
ID:	47253

After they were all welded, I blended/smoothed everything out with a grinder and flap wheel:

Views:	27
Size:	836.6 KB
ID:	47254

Next I have to fabricate and install the new mounts for these brackets that the top of the shocks mount to, the headlights also mount on top of them:

Views:	25
Size:	948.7 KB
ID:	47255

Does anybody know what these angled spacer/bushings are called, I can't seem to find them anywhere so I guess I'll have to make some?

Views:	26
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	47257
    Gizmo2, Bubber, Jeff R. and 3 others like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

RandyM(06-17-2015)

12. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    I built a frame for my bobcat skid to sit in with 4 casters so I'll be easily moved in the garage to the driveway if we loose power. When I was pulling it into the garage one of the dang casters snapped. Guess that's what I get for doing it with the 4 wheeler.

Stump grinder is coming along pretty quick. I still need to take a picture of the table. I'm also making up a shopping list...buddy wants to build some sliders for his power wagon. They are about a grand delivered. Told him we can build them for less and he can get what he wants. Things I'm wanting are a bandsaw, tubing bender, tube notcher and drill press!

Brett
    2017 5100E CAB H260
    ---FRONTIER BB4296
    ---MX15
    ---MX8
    ---EA 72" GRAPPLE

2017 KUBOTA ZD1211R
    2017 KUBOTA RTV-X1100C
    4K winch, 2lift, 27s

GONE AND FORGOTTEN

13. Top | #9
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:23 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,288 Times in 2,580 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyshakelford View Post
    I built a frame for my bobcat skid to sit in with 4 casters so I'll be easily moved in the garage to the driveway if we loose power. When I was pulling it into the garage one of the dang casters snapped. Guess that's what I get for doing it with the 4 wheeler.

Stump grinder is coming along pretty quick. I still need to take a picture of the table. I'm also making up a shopping list...buddy wants to build some sliders for his power wagon. They are about a grand delivered. Told him we can build them for less and he can get what he wants. Things I'm wanting are a bandsaw, tubing bender, tube notcher and drill press!

Brett
    What's a bobcat skid? A generator?
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

14. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:09 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,088 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselshadow View Post
    What's a bobcat skid? A generator?
    I'm thinking a Miller Bobcat.
    -Blake