I decided on using front weights on my 1026R while mowing with the RC and RFM instead of relying on the loader for ballast. It will lower the centre of gravity and certainly increase my mobility in tight corners.
I bought seven 42 pound JD weights from HD online. You can fit five of them directly onto the frame although the centre one sits very close to the cowling. Also, with only five weights I found I could still slightly lift the front end when I put my personal 220 pound dead weight on the back end of the finish mower. So seven is the magic number and I will need to build a bracket for that.
From what I saw of other brackets they are not much more that a box extension of the front of the frame. I dug around my store of scrap metal and found this frame from I don't know what. I know when I moved onto the property over 20 years ago it was in the barn and I thought it might be good for something someday. Turns out is is exactly what I need, 4" x 1/2" steel bar so I cut it apart and cut my pieces.
I drilled four holes to match the holes on the tractor frame and used 1/2" grade 8 bolts. Tacked it up then welded it inside and outside. Now have mercy on me and my welds but I am getting a little better each time.
It holds the seven weights nicely, I made it slightly longer to compensate for the inside welds. I strapped them together to keep them from moving on the little bit of play but I might figure out a way to bolt them together later.
I will likely clean it up and paint it black but I was anxious to try it out so 1-1/2 hours on the RC mower last night. What a nice addition to my "stuff". I'm very glad I did this, I can maneuver so much better and somehow it feels more solid to the ground.