47" quick attach 2 stage snow blower

Thread: 47" quick attach 2 stage snow blower

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    01-16-2016 @ 12:41 AM
    Thanks

47" quick attach 2 stage snow blower

Need help with 47" 2 stage snow blower that is attached to a X728se. The unit vibrates kinda from left to right when the PTO is engaged. Well maintained and lubricated. Has anyone experienced this problem or have a cure? I don't remember have this type of problem with a 47" 2 stage that was attached to a JD 420, which the 728 replace. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:04 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by knight1 View Post
    Need help with 47" 2 stage snow blower that is attached to a X728se. The unit vibrates kinda from left to right when the PTO is engaged. Well maintained and lubricated. Has anyone experienced this problem or have a cure? I don't remember have this type of problem with a 47" 2 stage that was attached to a JD 420, which the 728 replace. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
    Well your vibration, if like mine is more an oscillation, which to me appears to be related to the auger rotation. This oscillation is increased with an increase in engine RPMs. My prior blower from a different company had this same issue as well. I always thought it was due to a slight bend in the auger shaft. Now mine only does this when raised off the ground. If yours is new (under warranty) and is doing it while on the ground, I would contact your dealer. Mine does not move side to side on the ground. Let us know.
    MY2013 1025R TLB
    47" 2 stage front QT Snow Blower
    647 Tiller
    54D QT mowing deck W/ independent lift
    120H FEL W/ 49 in bucket
    260 BH W/ 12" bucket
    Homemade 10 Kw PTO Driven Generator (Timing Belt Driven 2000RPM input, from front PTO)
    1972 Homelite XL12 inherited from Dad going strong!
    Stihl FS90 String Trimmer
    Mantis Rotary Tiller
    ABI 5ft. Heavy Duty Landscape Rake

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,223 Posts
    Right... same here with my 54" on a 2720. When raised up and engaged the blower kind of does "The Waltz" side to side slowly.

It is completely unnoticeable when on the ground.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    09-20-2019 @ 02:40 PM
    Thanks
    Here is a thought....

On the older front pto set up like on my older 855, the pto connection was with 2 shafts..
    The front short pto shaft from the mounting bracket to the blower had a square shaft and sleeve...
    If you separated the two halves of the short shaft and turned one 1/4 turn and re assembled it would not run well if at all..

Because the two U joint yokes would be out of sync and vibrate..

Maybe not all implements and mounting bracket combinations were that way, but some were..
    --
    If your pto only uses one shaft, and is 3 sided on the telescoping part, a 1/3 wrong turn would be a real vibration issue, I would think..

Good luck..
    Keep your stick on the ice... Red Green

The further north you go, the more things that can and want to eat your horse and you. Grandpa Gilbert.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements