• 1 Post By Kennyd

Thread: Thoughts on Miller Synchrowave 210

1. Top | #1
    Jep

Last Online
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Thanks

Thoughts on Miller Synchrowave 210

I was just wondering does anyone have thoughts, (good or bad) on the Miller 210 Synowave welder. Currently on sale. It is a Inverter based unit. Should I consider it or just pass on it. The utube videos look good. Your thoughts ?
    1025R TLB 54D MM, Imatch Quick hitch, BB, Ken's bolt on hooks, Piranha Tooth Bar, 36" Artillian forks, Cyclone rake XL, 54" Snowblower, 54"used blade, Edge Tamer and Extender, Heavy Hitch Subsoiler. Trailers: Sure-Trac 5x8 dump and a 7x16 steel side., 647 tiller, 5048 Box blade, heavy hitch tooth bar, 260B hoe, mulch kit

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:18 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 2,509 Posts
    I edited the title for clarity, might help you get some more views.
    Jep likes this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    08-18-2019 @ 08:55 AM
    Thanks
    I think my Invision 354MP is a 2005 model, inverter based. It's not the first series of inverters Miller came out with, and I'm reasonably sure the one before it wasn't their first either. I absolutely LOVE that welder.

When I got my Sync 250DX in 2006, I bought it because my first TIG experience was on a Miller from the 60's - so old it has 100% loss cooling for the torch (straight from the tap through the gun to the drain!). They just don't go bad.

Now I'm kinda wishing I'd gotten a dynasty. The inverter TIG's just have so much more possibilities for aluminum. You can weld aluminum with a transformer machine all day long, and twice on Sunday, but the arc controls of the different frequencies and the balance of EP/EN is just way, way better with the inverters.

Another one to look out for is the Thermal Arc inverter TIGs. You can often find them for cheap because they're not as well known as the Miller/Lincoln/Esab's, but they're every bit as capable and substantially less $$$ used.

So to answer your question, we need to know more. What do you intend to do with this thing? They rate it to 1/4" at a 60% duty cycle. I've been running at 280A to weld the 3/8" chains for my tractor tires. More heat is always better. You can turn them down if it's too hot, you can't turn them up more than they'll go.
    Last edited by Jim Timber; 02-06-2016 at 02:00 AM. Reason: typo
    5065E MFWD w/553 loader

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jim Timber For This Useful Post:

Jep (02-05-2016)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements