2032R F.E.L. Ball Hitch

Thread: 2032R F.E.L. Ball Hitch

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Thanks

2032R F.E.L. Ball Hitch

The ball hitch pictured is easy to build and requires some welding ability. The hitch in the picture was originally used on my 650 for many years moving log splitters, boats and equipment trailers. I repurposed the hitch to fit my 2032R and attach the hitch to an eye bolt instead of using the"T" handle clamp.

I used a Vulcan forged eye and drilled a 5/8 hole to mount it in the bucket. This is overkill but the price was right! The eye is also used to pull the tractor when stuck instead of pulling off the grab hooks on top of the bucket and the eye does not interfere with material loaded in the bucket.

The turnbuckle, permanently attached to the hitch, is pinned to the eye bolt and hand tightened to pull the hitch to the bucket lip securing the hitch to the bucket. Light weight braces to each bucket wall keep the hitch centered and you never have to worry about this hitch falling off with a load on it as some time happens with clamp type attachments. "Bonus" If you have trouble backing a trailer, you will love this set up.
    (Note: picture of 1/2 of my wood shed being winched on my 7000# trailer and attached to my 650 bucket.)

JD-DON
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2873.JPG   IMG_2874.JPG   IMG_2875.JPG   P8301257.JPG  
    JD 2032R Tractor #130 FEL / 61' scoop, JD #261 rear grooming mower, JD #403 brush hog, JD#550 rototiller, JD# 50A box scraper, JD#7 Back hoe adapted to 2032R, York Rake 6' / wheels, JD 935/ heated cabJD 4' snow blower/Hyd. chute, JD 6' grooming mower, JD 125 mower/bagger, JD 650 Tractor/FEL (sold), Agri-Fab Chip-N-Vac 8 HP, Equipment trailer 7000 LB. GVWR

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:29 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,059 Times in 2,224 Posts
    That's some nice work!

For myself with no welding or fabrication skills I would just have to go with what is available as a bolt on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	9 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	135769

Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks <<Bolt-On>>
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

4. The Following User Says Thank You to coaltrain For This Useful Post:

JD-Don (02-23-2016)