• 2 Post By mjncad
  • 3 Post By eepete

Thread: X758 Weight Bracket modification - add 2" hitch reciver

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    05-26-2019 @ 05:02 PM
    Thanks

X758 Weight Bracket modification - add 2" hitch reciver

The weight bracket on my 318 attached to a holder mounted on the tractor. I had someone weld up a receiver hitch to a plate that I could bolt onto that holder.

The weight bracket on the X758 is a hunk of metal that attaches to the rear of the tractor with pins. I drilled holes in it that matched the receiver hitch piece from the 318. Luckily, this was a drill only project because I don't have a welder (am I even allowed to post in this forum topic ???).

At any rate, here are the pictures because everyone likes pictures. In the "on high rear view" you can see how it all works. You can also barely see the 1" hitch bracket option for the X759 (a small hole in that bracket just behind the 2" receiver). I have an upside-down 2" trailer ball insert for the receive that can let me pull the trailer around too. The main use will be to hold the sprayer tank.

Also have pix of the sprayer tank on a hitch-type holder. I did the alternator upgrade on the X758, so now I can loose the battery. Also enclosed is a pix of how the receiver hitch kludge use to attach to the 318, and a 2" ball bolt-on I also had made.

So if anyone wants to add a 2" receiver that is a bit higher and a little further back than the optional 1" recover, here's a way to do it. Using the weight bracket to "add stuff" also seems like a clean way to do so.

Pete
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1789.JPG   IMG_1790.JPG   IMG_1791.JPG   smallSprayer1.JPG   weightBracketFinal.jpg  

mjncad, Gizmo2, DRobinson and 3 others like this.
    '09 JD4520 Cab (60HP), '97 KubotaB21 TLB (21HP), 400cx loader, MX6 rotary mower, SB1106 6' Sickle Bar, BB3272 6' box blade, GradeMaster 7' Landplane, Frontier AF11E Front Blade, 4' Pallet Forks, 6' landscape rake, ballast box, Woods GTC 40" tiller, PHD 9" auger, 4' x 8' chain harrow, '16 X755 (23HP Diesel) w/front PTO, 60" deck, 72" front blade, '90 JD318 (18HP gas) with 48" MM mower, 54" front blade, 47" snowblower.
    Volunteer Firefighter.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    03-14-2017 @ 10:30 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,063 Times in 674 Posts
    Stand back everyone, Pete is at again with his boltment (when you don't have a welder). Nice conversion Pete!
    mjncad, Kennyd, DRobinson and 1 others like this.
    Randy __________________________________________________ ___ Be Safe!

2009 - 2305 w/62 MMM **** 2008 - 2520 w/72 MMM **** 200CX w/49 bucket
    Weight Box w/extension ***** LandPride RTR 1558 Tiller ******* 54 Snow blower
    60 Gallon Demco Sprayer *** 60 Broom ** BB2060 Box Blade**SS2036B Spreader
    Everything Attachments ETA-PluggerV2-60 Aerator

The more I learn, the less I know.

4. Top | #3
    tj1
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:26 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eepete View Post
    The weight bracket on my 318 attached to a holder mounted on the tractor. I had someone weld up a receiver hitch to a plate that I could bolt onto that holder.

The weight bracket on the X758 is a hunk of metal that attaches to the rear of the tractor with pins. I drilled holes in it that matched the receiver hitch piece from the 318. Luckily, this was a drill only project because I don't have a welder (am I even allowed to post in this forum topic ???).

At any rate, here are the pictures because everyone likes pictures. In the "on high rear view" you can see how it all works. You can also barely see the 1" hitch bracket option for the X759 (a small hole in that bracket just behind the 2" receiver). I have an upside-down 2" trailer ball insert for the receive that can let me pull the trailer around too. The main use will be to hold the sprayer tank.

Also have pix of the sprayer tank on a hitch-type holder. I did the alternator upgrade on the X758, so now I can loose the battery. Also enclosed is a pix of how the receiver hitch kludge use to attach to the 318, and a 2" ball bolt-on I also had made.

So if anyone wants to add a 2" receiver that is a bit higher and a little further back than the optional 1" recover, here's a way to do it. Using the weight bracket to "add stuff" also seems like a clean way to do so.

Pete
    Hi Pete, are you using the click and go brackets with this? It sure looks like the brackets and yes you can just about put anything on the back like you did,, nice work.. Sure beats a three point hitch for the money and gets the job done... Jeff
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Jeff

X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Don't know if this is what JD calls "Click and Go" or not. The weight bracket attaches via to pins at the bottom and two metal "bars on springs" at the top. So unlike on my 318 the bracket does not bolt in. It is nice, it's easy to remove so you don't have it hanging out the back. It's not nice in that it can rattle around a bit. It's also nice that it's an easy to add on/take off.

It seems like after the CAT 1 3 point hitch, the next command way to attach stuff to the back of a tractor is a 2" receiver. The X758 has a 1" receiver up front, and with an optional bracket you get one down low on the rear. Horror Freight sells a 1" to 2" adapter. So now I can have a 2" hitch "down low" or "middle of rear". As you can see from the pix (from the snow plow extension thread) I use the "down low" to attach a "pull me out I'm stuck" ring when I have the weights on. But I'll use the "middle of rear" 2" receiver shown here for carrying around the sprayer.

Cheap and easy hacks that make things more versatile.

Pete
    Gizmo2 and BigJim55 like this.
    '09 JD4520 Cab (60HP), '97 KubotaB21 TLB (21HP), 400cx loader, MX6 rotary mower, SB1106 6' Sickle Bar, BB3272 6' box blade, GradeMaster 7' Landplane, Frontier AF11E Front Blade, 4' Pallet Forks, 6' landscape rake, ballast box, Woods GTC 40" tiller, PHD 9" auger, 4' x 8' chain harrow, '16 X755 (23HP Diesel) w/front PTO, 60" deck, 72" front blade, '90 JD318 (18HP gas) with 48" MM mower, 54" front blade, 47" snowblower.
    Volunteer Firefighter.

7. Top | #5
    tj1
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:26 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eepete View Post
    Don't know if this is what JD calls "Click and Go" or not. The weight bracket attaches via to pins at the bottom and two metal "bars on springs" at the top. So unlike on my 318 the bracket does not bolt in. It is nice, it's easy to remove so you don't have it hanging out the back. It's not nice in that it can rattle around a bit. It's also nice that it's an easy to add on/take off.

It seems like after the CAT 1 3 point hitch, the next command way to attach stuff to the back of a tractor is a 2" receiver. The X758 has a 1" receiver up front, and with an optional bracket you get one down low on the rear. Horror Freight sells a 1" to 2" adapter. So now I can have a 2" hitch "down low" or "middle of rear". As you can see from the pix (from the snow plow extension thread) I use the "down low" to attach a "pull me out I'm stuck" ring when I have the weights on. But I'll use the "middle of rear" 2" receiver shown here for carrying around the sprayer.

Cheap and easy hacks that make things more versatile.

Pete
    Pete, yup click N go. You can also order a 2" receiver from JD that fits the existing holes instead of the smaller rear hitch they sell, just see a dealer. I have a 2" on my X738 that I ordered when I bought the machine. However, they are very weak on what they can do, If you have a large sprayer for instance it will bounce up and down because of the weight. The click N go brackets are a heck of a lot stronger and things do not bounce at all. As you mentioned; the receiver under the frame is very low. You can mount it on top of the bracket too if you need to raise it higher (if you don't use the PTO)..
    I have actually ordered the weight bracket from GFP after seeing your project.. There are so many things you can bolt to the weight holder, (my Curtis sander for one) I cannot see reason not to own one! Thanks Pete. and I'll work on that rattle you mentioned, that will not fly with me at all! Jeff
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Jeff

X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:41 AM
    Thanks
    Look at all the tire-tits on Pete's tractor.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    I have more ideas than ambition.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    03-14-2017 @ 10:30 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,063 Times in 674 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjncad View Post
    Look at all the tire-tits on Pete's tractor.
    Yeah, guess I wasn't the only one to notice. Pete needs more tractor time.
    Randy __________________________________________________ ___ Be Safe!

2009 - 2305 w/62 MMM **** 2008 - 2520 w/72 MMM **** 200CX w/49 bucket
    Weight Box w/extension ***** LandPride RTR 1558 Tiller ******* 54 Snow blower
    60 Gallon Demco Sprayer *** 60 Broom ** BB2060 Box Blade**SS2036B Spreader
    Everything Attachments ETA-PluggerV2-60 Aerator

The more I learn, the less I know.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Randy, when it comes to tits, I pay close attention.
    RandyM and BigJim55 like this.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    You are perhaps referring to my new tractor's "Tire Innate Traction" system? While learning to use this new 4WD beast, the "Tiny Installed Threads" create a safe environment. This "Traction Improvement Technology" is the latest thing. It avoid silly mistakes when "Traveling In Treacherous" areas before you are comfortable with the machine. Eventually they wear down via a mechanize called "Turf Induced Termination", or when referring to both wheels a "Turf Induced Terminations System".

All that said, I do need more "Time in Tractor Seat". Eventually I'll have a pretty good feel for it.

Pete
    mjncad, RandyM and dieselshadow like this.
    Volunteer Firefighter.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to eepete For This Useful Post:

mjncad (04-04-2016)

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Excellent Pete!

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements