Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CADplans

Thread: Overhead exhaust fan

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 05:36 AM
    Thanks

Overhead exhaust fan

I have a nice 4'X8' 1" thick sheet of aircraft aluminum made into a table. It sets on a nice 4"X4" square tubing frame, it sat at my dads for some time when I had acquired it. It was used as a welding table during it's time. My dad wants half of it I want the other half. I am cutting the table in half with the plasma cutter. So in the next few weeks I will be setting up my welding area with this nice 4'X4'X32"tall table. I want to isolate the welding smoke to just the area I am setting the table up with so it does not get dispersed throughout the garage when the wife is in there, not too mention my own safety of fumes. What are you folks using to exhaust your fumes with? Hoods, Fan's shield. Maybe some pictures? I have plans on isolating the weld area and am still looking into what I need to do there. Looking at ideas and thoughts right now as I venture into this small project.
    2019 3046r, 385A BH, FEL, JD Ballist box, 6' 3pt hitch rake, 4 way 48" snow blade, 7' 3pt hitch drag blade
    Zero turn Z445, 5' 3pt hitch woods mower, 42" Artillian Pallet forks W/Adapter for snow plow, Standard 3pt hitch receiver to move trailers.
    I haul the tractor with a 2015 2500HD Chevrolet Silverado 4X4 6.6L Duramax W/Allison transmission a 2013 18' 7500lb dove tail trailer made by Appilachian trailers.
    Stihl MS271 Farm Boss Chain Saw 18" blade, Piranha Bar.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:58 PM
    Thanks
    My Brother-in-law scammed his way into a commercial range hood when they replaced the cafeteria kitchen where he works. I've been on the lookout for one for a year or so since then but haven't found one locally. His works beautifully.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    06-29-2018 @ 10:33 AM
    Thanks
    I do not have a picture unfortunately but my cousin has a small shop. He uses a small molded plastic swimming pool upside down. He cut a hole in the center and hooked a flexible tube to it down to his smoke eater. They have the smoke eater on wheels with a frame up to hold the pool. That way they can move it around the shop and adjust the height to fit the job.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Thanks
    I have a mezzanine above my welding bench.

Since this pic, my neighbor gave me an old squirrel cage fan,,
    slightly larger than a typical furnace fan. It is old, but, runs nice.

The fan sets at the edge of that upper area, and is pointed out the garage door.
    When welding, I just plug in that fan, EVERYTHING goes right out the door.

Oh, yea, when it is time to "sweep" the shop,,,
    I turn on that fan,, crank up the leaf blower,,, the shop is C L E A N !!

I would not use a leaf blower in the shed without that fan,
    everything would be covered in dust.
    Jim Timber likes this.
    Some of the tractors include JD 4105, JD 855, JD 650,,,, and,,, the IH 584 4WD
    My favorite attachment is the homemade landplane,,, EVERYONE needs one of those!!

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TD1025 View Post
    I do not have a picture unfortunately but my cousin has a small shop. He uses a small molded plastic swimming pool upside down. He cut a hole in the center and hooked a flexible tube to it down to his smoke eater. They have the smoke eater on wheels with a frame up to hold the pool. That way they can move it around the shop and adjust the height to fit the job.
    Interesting concept. Thank for the idea.
    2019 3046r, 385A BH, FEL, JD Ballist box, 6' 3pt hitch rake, 4 way 48" snow blade, 7' 3pt hitch drag blade
    Zero turn Z445, 5' 3pt hitch woods mower, 42" Artillian Pallet forks W/Adapter for snow plow, Standard 3pt hitch receiver to move trailers.
    I haul the tractor with a 2015 2500HD Chevrolet Silverado 4X4 6.6L Duramax W/Allison transmission a 2013 18' 7500lb dove tail trailer made by Appilachian trailers.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CADplans View Post
    I have a mezzanine above my welding bench.

Since this pic, my neighbor gave me an old squirrel cage fan,,
    slightly larger than a typical furnace fan. It is old, but, runs nice.

The fan sets at the edge of that upper area, and is pointed out the garage door.
    When welding, I just plug in that fan, EVERYTHING goes right out the door.

Oh, yea, when it is time to "sweep" the shop,,,
    I turn on that fan,, crank up the leaf blower,,, the shop is C L E A N !!

I would not use a leaf blower in the shed without that fan,
    everything would be covered in dust.
    That would be nice way to clean the garage. Except for the winter, then all your heat goes out the fan.

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements