• 2 Post By kevinl
  • 1 Post By Fatboy111

Thread: Tractor Delivery Policy

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-29-2016 @ 08:29 PM
    Thanks

Tractor Delivery Policy

I've been pushing this announcment off due to the fact that we have worked so hard to establish Mutton Power as the Compact Tractor dealer in the USA. , but now that word is getting around, I want to put it out there.

As of 01/01/2016, Mutton Power Equipment has limited our delivery area from the entire US, down to the Midwest. We will deliver tractors to any state touching Indiana.

There are a lot of factors that went in this decsion.

-Our local market share numbers have dropped over the past few years, and I feel that by doing so much business outside of our local market, it has taken our focus from the most important customer a small business has, the local customer

-Shipping cost were becoming out of line. When you ship tractors hundrends of miles away, and something is missing, or something isn't working, we have to fix it at our cost. Deere will not cover warranty unless its in our shop. The costs were becoming to be too much to justify the sales we were making

- Dealers rejecting warranty recalls, causing us to drive across the country at our expence to complete the recalls

-John Deere has been on us for years about selling out of area. I've always felt, (and still do) that I'd rather sell only in my local market, but the sad fact is, there are a lot of John Deere dealers that could care less about compact tractors. I never felt bad about taking a sale from a dealer that flat out didn't want to deal with the customer in the first place. If it wasn't for us selling them, I think a lot of these sales would have went to Kubota.

Well dealers didn't see it that way, and instead of fixing the problem, they focused they're time on complaining about a dealer that treats customers the right way regardless if they are buying a spark plug, or a $100,000 tractor.

I've been assured by Deere that there will be a push with larger ag dealers to have a better sales mindset when it comes to compact tractors. I hope this is true.

With all that said, I'm very excited about the furture of Mutton Power Equipment. With our shifted focus, we have seen a huge increase in a short amount of time with local customers. We will continue to invest in marketing for compact tractors. We will continue to post videos etc. on our website, and I will continue to be very involved with GTT and other forums. We still feel that a lot of local customers use forums and websites when researching tractors. I will be happy to help any GTT members with questions, concerns, you name it, I'll still be around.

If you are wanting to buy a tractor from Mutton Power, and are out of our area, we have no problem with you picking it up at our store.

There will be NO shipping restrictions on the following-

-Attachment sales
    -Parts Sales

Thank you all for helping us build Mutton Power into what we are today. The best is yet to come!

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to tractorslinger For This Useful Post:

5304 (02-12-2016), 56FordGuy (02-12-2016), Artillian (02-12-2016), coaltrain (02-12-2016), ColonyPark (02-12-2016), DRobinson (02-12-2016), etcallhome (02-12-2016), Gizmo2 (02-12-2016), Jeff R. (02-12-2016), JimR (02-12-2016), johnH123 (02-12-2016), Kennyd (02-12-2016), Ransx77 (02-25-2016), rtgt (02-12-2016), sterling40man (02-27-2016), Superglidesport (02-12-2016)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:29 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,975 Times in 2,481 Posts
    Thanks for the update Shane, and your continued support of GTT
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:44 PM
    Thanks
    thanks for the heads up! i like that you are trying to support our local economy, and not spreading the dough around. i will probably getting a set of forks from you soon, i really look forward to working with you and muttons.
    - 2002 John Deere 4510 TLB PR,
    -Woods BB60X 60" rotary cutter
    -Countyline box blade,
    -Allis Chalmers sickle mower,
    -RED windrow rake,
    -titan 48" 3000 pound forks/bale spear
    - Farm Star rear bale spear

Yamaha Rhino 700, Yamaha Rhino 660,
    Murray 624 mower/38" deck

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:27 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,025 Times in 2,192 Posts
    I'm sad to hear this but competely understand.

Being Deere has shut down any local dealers near me you were always my back-up go to dealer if/when I would ever be in the market for a machine again.

Glad to hear that this will not affect implements and parts which would be a more likely purchase for me anyway.
    rtgt and BigJim55 like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Problem solved!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MuttonTerritory.gif 
Views:	44 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	130025

Kennyd, Gizmo2, DRobinson and 12 others like this.
    Tractor Attachments Maximized for Versatility
    www.ARTILLIAN.com
    Email: [email protected]

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:04 PM
    Thanks
    Hi Shane,

Very sad to hear the news, I do understand. Dealing with You and Mutton made my transaction easy. Your product knowledge is second to none. Also, I thought delivery charges to the east coast was very reasonable.

Good luck,

Kevin
    DRobinson and BigJim55 like this.

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Artillian View Post
    Problem solved!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MuttonTerritory.gif 
Views:	44 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	130025

I love it

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinl View Post
    Hi Shane,

Very sad to hear the news, I do understand. Dealing with You and Mutton made my transaction easy. Your product knowledge is second to none. Also, I thought delivery charges to the east coast was very reasonable.

Good luck,

Kevin
    Thanks Kevin.

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    07-10-2019 @ 02:54 PM
    Thanks
    Glad you touch Micigan. If every Ag dealer paid attention to their customers you wouldn't have to deliver here. You guys were the only ones that were able to answer all of my questions and took the time to explain the details. Price was secondary in my decision. Too bad you don't have a business here. I will continue to support you guys for all you did for me, and many others. Hope this all works out for you.
    DRobinson likes this.
    1025r and 2032r

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements