New member NH 1025R owner and need some advice from the experts!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: New member NH 1025R owner and need some advice from the experts!

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:51 AM
    Thanks

Wink New member NH 1025R owner and need some advice from the experts!

Just ordered my very first "tractor" okay its a sub compact but still awesome to me They will be delivering it next Saturday and I cant wait.

If anyone has suggestions to help make this difficult time lol easier please let me know I am not proud. I will hate to do something stupid right out of the chute.

I have a FEL, 54" auto connect with mulch kit (wanted 60" but they didn't have one and I would have to wait weeks) and the JD snowblower 53" with hyd rotator and chute control by cable.

They said I should add the power take off incase I ever want to use the backloader is it worth it or wise?

I am also looking at the LED light kit so I can work at night (I work swing shift) will it give the light I need? I don't think the lights on it are enough.

The dealer said filling the tires would not be good as it would rust out the wheels and had me get the ballast box for the rear.

Question in the cutting height.. the dealer just showed me and its labeled low to high anyone know what low is in inches lol.

I had ordered a Kubota bx2380 but the dealer I was working with kept delaying and delay .now been 7 weeks so I gave up so I hope I picked a good machine and not just one on the rebound....
    Last edited by USAFRet; 06-03-2017 at 11:01 AM. Reason: add question
    Levi likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    08-21-2017 @ 09:39 AM
    Thanks
    Welcome to the site...

Loading the tires with Antifreeze/ calcium like theydidin the old days did indeed rust rim from the inside out. Luckily for you we now live in the 21st century however sounds like your dealer doesn't. Loads of new products on the market that you can load the tires with. Much better than having a ballast box in your way all the while imho. Find s local tire shop and ask them what they are using to load tires with these days at there shop. LED light kits are great. The tractor comes with a PTO, confused..I suggest you get everything you want now ! Getting these things added after the fact is expensive and not advised. If you need to wait longer, wait longer. You waited this long to get the tractor. Don't let the dealer tell you what you want or need.
    Last edited by Bradfordfarmer; 06-03-2017 at 11:50 AM.
    JD M665
    JD 970R
    JD 4700 MFWD
    JD 5440 MFWD
    JD 6420 X2
    JD 9XR Jolly Green Giant on tracks

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks

thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfordfarmer View Post
    Welcome to the site...

Loading the tires with Antifreeze/ calcium like theydidin the old days did indeed rust rim from the inside out. Luckily for you we now live in the 21st century however sounds like your dealer doesn't. Loads of new products on the market that you can load the tires with. Much better than having a ballast box in your way all the while imho. Find s local tire shop and ask them what they are using to load tires with these days at there shop. lED light kits are great. I suggest you get everything you want now ! Getting these things added after the fact is expense and not advised. If you need to wait longer, wait longer. You waited this long to get the tractor. Don't let the dealer tell you what you want or need.
    thanks I will order my lights tomorrow
    pcabe5, BigJim55 and Drifterbike like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    09-05-2019 @ 08:30 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFRet View Post

I have a FEL, 54" auto connect with mulch kit (wanted 60" but they didn't have one and I would have to wait weeks) and the JD snowblower 53" with hyd rotator and chute control by cable.

They said I should add the power take off incase I ever want to use the backloader is it worth it or wise?

I'm not sure what your dealer is trying to tell you here. The tractor should have a rear PTO right?

Are you sure he said power take off?
    Maybe one of these?

Power Beyond Kit
    Includes Rear Mounted Hydraulic Couplers and Hose.
    Not Compatible with LVB25837 (Rear Hydraulic Kit) and BLV10351 (Third SCV Kit).LVB25956

Rear Hydraulic Kit
    Routes Dual Mid SCVs to Rear of Tractor. Not compatible with LVB25956 (Power Beyond Kit) or BLV10531 (Third SCV Kit).
    Also not compatible with TLB models.LVB25837

Third Selective Control Valve Kit
    BLV10351 is the preferred kit for open station 1 family tractors because the handle will not interfere with the seat.
    Not compatible with LVB25956 (Power Beyond Kit) or LVB25837 (Rear Hydraulic Kit).
    Also not compatible with TLB models.
    pcabe5, BigJim55 and Drifterbike like this.
    Brian

2720 JD MCUT
    200CX Loader
    62D On Ramp Mid-Mount Mower
    61 Inch Bucket
    Grooved R4's
    Tiller King Kutter Professional Green 60-Inch TG-G-60-JP
    Rear Blade Woods 72-Inch
    Middle Buster King Kutter MB-YX

GT245 Garden Tractor

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gbnpp05 View Post
    I'm not sure what your dealer is trying to tell you here. The tractor should have a rear PTO right?

Are you sure he said power take off?
    Maybe one of these?

Power Beyond Kit
    Includes Rear Mounted Hydraulic Couplers and Hose.
    Not Compatible with LVB25837 (Rear Hydraulic Kit) and BLV10351 (Third SCV Kit).LVB25956

Rear Hydraulic Kit
    Routes Dual Mid SCVs to Rear of Tractor. Not compatible with LVB25956 (Power Beyond Kit) or BLV10531 (Third SCV Kit).
    Also not compatible with TLB models.LVB25837

Third Selective Control Valve Kit
    BLV10351 is the preferred kit for open station 1 family tractors because the handle will not interfere with the seat.
    Not compatible with LVB25956 (Power Beyond Kit) or LVB25837 (Rear Hydraulic Kit).
    Also not compatible with TLB models.
    Your right I just looked it called the power beyond kit he said to have installed in case I ever want to get a backhoe or rent one.
    Levi, BigJim55, gbnpp05 and 1 others like this.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    10-16-2018 @ 08:44 AM
    Thanks
    Drifterbike and USAFRet like this.
    3520 (cab, eHydro, R1's, 300x fel, forks, grapple) Frontier 5' cutter, 7' Tufline disk, 6' Gill pulverizer, 6' box blade, 6' rear blade, TSC post auger, 6' Woods rfm, 8' JD rotary hoe, 8' Brillion cultipacker, 6' field cultivator, Tarter spreader, Fimco 3 point sprayer, subsoiler, ken's bolt on hooks & clevis, JD Z920 ZTR

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 1,209 Posts
    The dealer said filling the tires would not be good as it would rust out the wheels and had me get the ballast box for the rear.
    Ya just gotta love the dealers these days. They apparently have no access to the owner's manuals for the tractors they sell.

Please consult the owner's manual for your H120 loader. Since you haven't yet taken delivery you can view the on-line version here:

OMPXX10222

Under the required ballast section you will see that JD recommends a loaded ballast box AND either liquid filled tires or iron wheel weights.

Most folks these days fill their tires with either RimGuard (beet juice) or windshield washer fluid. The only liquid that is super corrosive is Calcium Chloride.

Keep in mind that loaded tires and the ballast box do different things. The ballast box counter balances the weight in the bucket to off-load the front axle and keep your rear wheels on the ground. Loaded tires / wheel weights improves traction and increases stability of the tractor when operating on slopes.
    Last edited by jgayman; 06-03-2017 at 01:56 PM.
    pcabe5, Levi, BigJim55 and 2 others like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:59 AM
    Thanks
    Your right I just looked it called the power beyond kit he said to have installed in case I ever want to get a backhoe or rent one.
    The power beyond is needed for a backhoe, and some use it to power things like a 3pt splitter (though it would probably be slow) or other hydraulic implement in the rear. Rental backhoes are usually 3pt attachments, which would not be recommended for the 1 series, mainly because of the aluminum rear. 3pt backhoes put a lot of stress back there. The 260 BH made for your tractor requires a mounted subframe, not something to often put on and take off your tractor. The power beyond can be added anytime if you need it in the future.

Good luck with your tractor, and hang in there, it will be worth the wait.
    Levi, BigJim55 and Drifterbike like this.
    Tom

2011 1026R/R4's -- H120 FEL/49" -- 260 BH/12" -- Bro-Tek Ripper -- Artillian Forks/42" -- 244 lbs JD Rear Wheel Weights -- KBOH Hooks and Clevis' --
    Block heater -- 180* T-stat -- Evans HP Waterless Coolant

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    06-02-2019 @ 11:33 AM
    Thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gttgreen.gif 
Views:	70 
Size:	409.0 KB 
ID:	380954

Welcome from Southern Maryland. If you think you may ever have any projects that would require a backhoe you should get it now with the 0% financing offered. I am assuming you are looking at the 1025R? Get a price for the 1025R TLB which comes with the FEL and Backhoe. Kind of sounds like the sales rep you spoke with might be new because as other members already stated the filled tires now typically use rim guard (beet juice) or windshield washer fluid which will not rust / corrode out the rims like the Calcium Chloride did back in the day. Also look into getting the Imatch quick hitch, then you can use a heavy hitch with suitcase weights for ballast as an option for weights. Anyway you came to the right place for information. There are many great, knowledgeable folks here that can give you great advice. Also search the threads on this site that will answer many of the questions you have. Good luck with your new purchase and hope tp see some pictures of your new tractor!
    Tomfive, Levi and Drifterbike like this.

--- Ed ---

*2016 1025R TLB, 54" Auto Connect MMM w/ mulch kit, Imatch, Wheel Wts
    Artiliian 42" Forks
    JD 54 Plow Blade w/ Artillian Snow Plow System
    Ken's Bolt On Hooks & Clevis, 2x2 Bolt on Receiver, Diff Pedal, Seat Spring Upgrade, Oblong Ring Slings
    SD Hvy Hitch, Combo Cart, 53" Toothbar, Front Weight Hitch
    R2 Edge Tamers
    JD HP 45 Gallon 3-PT Hitch Sprayer
    BXpanded BH Thumb, Quick Connect, Ripper Blade, Trench Bucket
    Mower Deck Axle
    8 JD Suitcase Wts

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    06-30-2019 @ 10:15 AM
    Thanks
    Just ordered my very first "tractor" okay its a sub compact but still awesome to me They will be delivering it next Saturday and I cant wait.

I am also looking at the LED light kit so I can work at night (I work swing shift) will it give the light I need? I don't think the lights on it are enough.

Question in the cutting height.. the dealer just showed me and its labeled low to high anyone know what low is in inches lol.

OK, first off, welcome from a little ways down the road...

To your questions

He must have meant "Power Beyond" If your going to get a hoe or run a splitter, then yes, get it, otherwise you can skip it.

Get the LED lights however, Amazon sells them for $20 bucks a pair, all you need is bullet connectors from the parts store to connect them.

Call Mr Gee's tire in Weare, NH, they fill tractor tires with RimGuard for less than the dealers will charge you, I've checked.

I have no idea on what the cut height adjustments, the knob on my 2520 says the same thing, do what I do, get the deck leveling gauge and it has the measurements on it. https://www.greenfarmparts.com/John-...p/am130907.htm

Feel free to PM me with any questions or if you need to talk tractoring with another resident of Cow Hampshire, we need to stick together or the cows will take over.....
    2010 3320 Cab
    Loaded R3's, 300CX w/3rd SCV
    61" HD-Tooth Bar, 72" HD-bolt-on edge, Frontier Forx
    "A" front hitch, Mid-PTO, Air ride seat, Horn, Back-up alarm, Rear work lights, External mirrors, Auto cruise
    60HD broom. 366 Blade, 59 blower, i-Match
    Looking for: Rear Wheel Weight Set

Stuff for Sale:
    New 200CX/H130 Masts 25/2720-2032R
    New Jamison Bryce adapter, cart and chute

“Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself” Mark Twain

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast