Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Real Old Newbie

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-12-2019 @ 12:52 AM
    Thanks

Real Old Newbie

Hello from Southern Middle Tennessee. I’ve bought 5 acres with 5 barns and a really old house. The house was not saveable, and 2 of the barns weren’t either. As of today the house is in a hole and one of the barns is down, wood de-nailed and stored in the dry.
    I bought a 3025E in December after we bought the property and the tractor now has about 130 hrs on it. I also bought the loader, pallet forks, bush hog, box scraper, auger, receiver hitch, 18’ trailer and most recently I converted the 3 point over to the quick attach set-up and 2 weeks ago I bought a JD 5’ rototiller.
    Yesterday while moving some posts from the demo’d barn to storage, I almost turned the tractor over. Luckily while heading off the tractor I was able to grab the lever that controls the pallet forks and get all 4 tires back on the ground. Yes, I did have the roll bar (UP)!
    The JD and all the implements have worked great. Looking forward to learning from everyone here and hopefully being able to contribute.
    etcallhome, Gizmo2, rtgt and 6 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:43 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,894 Times in 2,870 Posts
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:35 PM
    Thanks
    Welcome and now you are member of the I almost rolled my tractor club . . . there are many members of that club here

jdforever and jdmich like this.
    Auguste . . . a blue collar guy working in a white collar world
    Rexton, New Brunswick, Canada

JD Tractor aka Bucky
    2018 1025r ~ New in April 2018

Accessories ~ Front End Loader ~ Backhoe ~ Mid-Mounter Mower ~ Box Blade ~ Fork Lift ~
    Roto Tiller ~ Chipper ~ Mulch Kit ~ Sub-soil Conditioner ~ Ballast Box ~ Plug Aerator ~
    Thatcherator ~ iMatch Quick Hitch ~ Landscape rake

Modifications Completed by Me ~ LED lights on roll bar ~ Mirrors ~ Shortened Rollbar to fit in Garage

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:35 PM
    Thanks
    Before you call yourself real old there are a lot of us to lay claim to that title . . . I turned 70 last month and still work 60 hours a week at my job and renovating a 1850 house on 1.5 acres in need of major landscape work . . . wish I had a couple of your barns
    jdforever and goat704! like this.
    Auguste . . . a blue collar guy working in a white collar world
    Rexton, New Brunswick, Canada

JD Tractor aka Bucky
    2018 1025r ~ New in April 2018

Accessories ~ Front End Loader ~ Backhoe ~ Mid-Mounter Mower ~ Box Blade ~ Fork Lift ~
    Roto Tiller ~ Chipper ~ Mulch Kit ~ Sub-soil Conditioner ~ Ballast Box ~ Plug Aerator ~
    Thatcherator ~ iMatch Quick Hitch ~ Landscape rake

Modifications Completed by Me ~ LED lights on roll bar ~ Mirrors ~ Shortened Rollbar to fit in Garage

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:47 PM
    Thanks
    from the Mitten.
    Thanks Bob
    Fire trucks are Red/Tractors are Green

2005 JD 790. 419 FEL, Frontier Forks, 6' brush Hog, back blade,7'FEL Snowplow.
    1963 JD 4010. 7' Lucknow 3pt Snowblower
    JD 24T Baler
    JD 14T Baler
    2013 JD 825i-Cab,winch,led lights 6' Snowplow.
    1951 JD MT.
    2011 JD Z445

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:07 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,065 Times in 755 Posts
    Welcome from Kentucky.

How old you are doesn't matter. How old you feel is a different thing.

Looking forward to some pictures.
    DRobinson, jdforever and Auguste like this.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:14 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadah View Post
    Hello from Southern Middle Tennessee. I’ve bought 5 acres with 5 barns and a really old house. The house was not saveable, and 2 of the barns weren’t either. As of today the house is in a hole and one of the barns is down, wood de-nailed and stored in the dry.
    I bought a 3025E in December after we bought the property and the tractor now has about 130 hrs on it. I also bought the loader, pallet forks, bush hog, box scraper, auger, receiver hitch, 18’ trailer and most recently I converted the 3 point over to the quick attach set-up and 2 weeks ago I bought a JD 5’ rototiller.
    Yesterday while moving some posts from the demo’d barn to storage, I almost turned the tractor over. Luckily while heading off the tractor I was able to grab the lever that controls the pallet forks and get all 4 tires back on the ground. Yes, I did have the roll bar (UP)!
    The JD and all the implements have worked great. Looking forward to learning from everyone here and hopefully being able to contribute.
    Welcome to GTT. There are a lot of old geezers running around on this forum. With that said, we tend to have bad eyes. so pictures of your tear downs are a must on this site, since we all need glasses to read. So just as well learn how to post pictures.
    jdforever and Treefarmer like this.
    2019 3046r, 385A BH, FEL, JD Ballist box, 6' 3pt hitch rake, 4 way 48" snow blade, 7' 3pt hitch drag blade
    Zero turn Z445, 5' 3pt hitch woods mower, 42" Artillian Pallet forks W/Adapter for snow plow, Standard 3pt hitch receiver to move trailers.
    I haul the tractor with a 2015 2500HD Chevrolet Silverado 4X4 6.6L Duramax W/Allison transmission a 2013 18' 7500lb dove tail trailer made by Appilachian trailers.
    Stihl MS271 Farm Boss Chain Saw 18" blade, Piranha Bar.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:25 PM
    Thanks
    Welcome from South Central Ohio. There are many recent and relevant threads on GTT about ballast. It looks like you already own a couple of implements such as your bush hog that would act as ballast, if attached to your machine.

Removing your bum from the seat also helped de-ballast your machine, The fact that you had the presence of mind (and time) to lower your forks and get your wheels back on firm ground may have prevented a Green disaster.

Personally, I would ballast the machine with your bush hog or tiller before you use the loader again. I would also ensure that the load is removed and the forks are low before you dismount.

We look forward to hearing more about your progress as you rehab the property; We also look forward to learning more about your evolving tractor experience

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Dadah View Post
    DRobinson likes this.
    Brian

2005 JD4720 open station that replaced a thoroughly worn out late 1940's Ford 8N
    Factory rear wheel weights
    JD 400x loader
    1997 Farm King 7 ft RMFM
    KBOGH's; Pat's ECS for Cat-1 hitch
    5 ft. Bush Hog dating from the dawn of Mankind

'94Honda 300 cc Fourtrax, '16 Honda 500 cc Foreman

Misc. rusty implements
    2X Simplicity Riding Mowers
    Second-hand Homemade log splitter (aka " The Beast")

46-1/4 acres in the majestic rolling hills in Southern Ohio

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    08-15-2019 @ 11:38 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,879 Times in 1,055 Posts
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1˝" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

12. Top | #10
    glc
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:29 PM
    Thanks
    Greg from western pa

2009 2520
    FEL/61" HD bucket/replaceable cutting edge
    62D2 MMM
    IMatch Quick Hitch
    A "REAL" snow blade ---- JD 380A modded to fit