Kioti DK45SE HST Tractor

Thread: Kioti DK45SE HST Tractor

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-15-2019 @ 05:13 PM
    Thanks

Kioti DK45SE HST Tractor

I have a JD 3520 and an old Ford 1520. One is for use at home (JD) and the other is used up north (Ford) working in the woods. I would like to replace the Ford but cannot afford another JD 3520. I am looking for something slightly bigger and more powerful than my Ford. I also need to get away from the Ford forward/reverse pedal. I cannot operate it safely with my bad right foot.

I saw a Kioti DK45SE HST for sale. It is listed for 13,900 but no loaded. I am not familiar with the line but I liked some of the features I saw on the website. Any input you can offer about this make and model would be appresiated.

Thanks
    2012 JD 3520 / 300cx loader / 61" bucket w/tooth bar / iMatch quick hitch
    665 tiller / PHD300 post hole digger / Construction attachments 42" pallet forks/ Ken's Weld on Hooks

2008 JD 3320 / 300cx loader / 61" bucket w/tooth bar / iMatch quick hitch / 445 Backhoe
    60" Frontier box scraper / 60" Woods rotary cutter / 72" KingKutter landscape rake / KingKutter carry all

Gravely Pro Cut 152 Commercial mower

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:30 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,031 Times in 2,511 Posts
    HM, the Kioti tractors are made in Korea and have a good following and history here in the US. They where even sold under the Bobcat name until very recently. You better price a loader before making any decisions, that could cost your another $3,500.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

Hardware man (10-29-2013)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:05 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,088 Posts
    I would not touch a Kioti with a 10 foot pole, but they seem like a fair tractor when they work. Seems they're built by Daedong, an import manufacturer that also built some machines under the Bobcat name. I know Daedong and Bobcat parted ways, not sure about Kioti.

I was offered a very, very good deal on a Kioti before I bought my 5320. Less than half the price, actually. I did a lot of research both on the tractor itself and the brand. I would recommend you find out where your nearest Kioti dealer is, and what parts they actually stock. What I found said parts availability was spotty at best, even if you had a local dealer the manufacturer simply didn't stock a lot of parts that the dealers could get. Older tractors (10 years or so) were simply not supported anymore, so when they broke you better hope you could modify an off the shelf part to fit. Even new tractors, parts had to ship from overseas and could take weeks if not months to arrive.

Every tractor will break down. It's a matter of time. My JD 5320 has had a few problems, my old IH, the neighbor's 5520, the TN75, they all break down. They're machines. But when our Deeres break, I can drive 30 minutes into town and get the part needed to fix it (even my 2001 model, or the 70's era 4420) about 90% of the time. If it's not in stock at the dealer, they can have it pretty quick; the next day, if I need it badly enough to pay the freight on it.

I can't personally tell you whether or not the Kioti is a good tractor. I found lots of good reviews, and lots of bad ones. Seems the bad ones were really bad. Frames cracking, engines failing, improperly assembled parts from the factory. What scared me away was the fact that all the customer service reviews were negative. There are threads on other websites, sites devoted to Kioti, about "How to get around all the roadblocks and red tape to make Kioti stand behind their product." Sorry, that's not for me. I expect to have a machine for decades, with some repairs along the way. Kioti didn't give me the warm fuzzy feeling that repair parts would even be available for new model machines, much less the older ones. That was enough to turn me off to them.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 56FordGuy For This Useful Post:

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Last Online
    09-15-2019 @ 09:42 AM
    Thanks
    I was considering a Kioti before I bought my 1026. It seemed like good value but the operator area was very small for me and it had one those rocker type foot pedals that I don't like so I didn't research too much. I just drove over to the Deere dealer and bought the Deere.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    Workin hard at loafing!
    2012 1026R c/w H120 FEL, 42" Frontier Forks, 6T49 CL Tooth Bar, CL7 Weight Bracket

RC2048 48" Rough Cut Mower, Buhler Y550R 60" Finishing Mower, 60" Frontier RB2060L Back Blade, JD Ballast Box
    Femco Hitch Adapter 2" Receiver, 60" Farm King 3PH Snow Blower, I Match, BB2048L Frontier Box Blade

6' Kodiak Landscape Rake, Braber Equipment PHD c/w 9" & 12" X 48" Augers, HLA 1000 60" Snow Blade

1980 317 L&G Tractor c/w 48" Mower and 48" Snow Blower

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Carvel Loafer For This Useful Post:

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements