Like Tree27Likes
  • 6 Post By dieselshadow
  • 5 Post By GWT3046r
  • 5 Post By pcabe5
  • 4 Post By tomd999
  • 3 Post By firemachine69
  • 2 Post By ky_shawn
  • 2 Post By XSKIER

Thread: Mahindra 2536 vs jd 3039r. Which one.

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-02-2019 @ 02:06 PM
    Thanks

Mahindra 2536 vs jd 3039r. Which one.

Just saw Mahindra cab model and it’s about 6k less than jd. tight budget have 3038e now. Primary reason for change is want cab.
    2018 3046r cab model delivered 2/26/18
    Radio, mirrors, rear work lights
    Loader
    Heavy duty bucket 6 ft
    Frontier grapple 5ft av20h
    Frontier land plane 6 ft
    Frontier snow plow with hydro angle 6 ft
    Frontier forks 48 inch
    Ballast box
    Quick hitch
    Front weight extension with 6 42lb weights

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,296 Times in 2,584 Posts
    I don't own a Mahindra, but I've looked at them in the past. Honestly, I'm not very impressed. I don't want to seem to body-slam your choices here, but maybe expose you to some issues Mahindra is known for. Good luck in your endeavor.

BillieS, mark02tj, PJR832 and 3 others like this.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    01-06-2019 @ 07:14 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliebold View Post
    Just saw Mahindra cab model and it’s about 6k less than jd. tight budget have 3038e now. Primary reason for change is want cab.
    Just a few random thoughts...

What dealers do you have close to you for service/parts?

Have you sat in either? I've never sat in a cab Mahindra, but the JD is plush, fit and finish is top notch IMO.

How do the specs stack up?

Personally, I want equipment I purchase to hold resale value. Each will take their initial depreciation, but I've found Mahindra's to drop very, very quickly in value while JD has always led the pack at retaining value.

Good luck on your search!

Edit: dieselshadow was a little more direct than I, haha

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Official "Groovie" Dude
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliebold View Post
    I know when I was looking around about 18 months ago, a comparable New Holland cab was about $6k cheaper than a 3039R. Just another option to think about if you have a blue dealership nearby. Kubota will be close to the same price as JD..

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    06-30-2019 @ 10:15 AM
    Thanks
    Hiya,

I don't and have never owned a Mahindra however I know a couple people that have.

The first bought one of the "Max" series, about the same as a 2720/2032R Deere. For the most part he uses it lightly and has had relatively few issues after the first 6 months of ownership. The first 6 months were full of service calls, warranty repair and implement replacements. His assessment is that QC out of the factory is almost non-existent and their only QC check is "if it runs, it ships". He says he will buy a Deere or Kubota for his next tractor.

The other is a dairy/hay farm down the road from me. They have a couple Mahindra's, one small (One Series size) for the yard around the house and another one (Two series size) around the store and customer parking area. I don't know the repair history on them but I do know all the equipment that makes them money or supports the working aspect of the farm/dairy business is Deere as are all of the haying implements.

I looked at the Mahindra line in 2011 when I was looking for a cab tractor. The issue I had was that there was either a mid-sized model like a B series Kubota and the next model was a 100HP utility so it was off the table because they didn't have a chassis for the size I was looking for. I checked out NH Boomer, Kubota Grand L and Deere 4x20 series, The NH had a better cab than the Kubota but not as nice as the Deere, The Kubota had the best 3pt setup and Deere and Kubota had the best hydrostat (other than that horrible treadal) I ended up getting the 3320 as it fell into my lap at a price I couldn't refuse but if it hadn't, I would have a 4720 now.
    2010 3320 Cab
    Loaded R3's, 300CX w/3rd SCV
    61" HD-Tooth Bar, 72" HD-bolt-on edge, Frontier Forx
    "A" front hitch, Mid-PTO, Air ride seat, Horn, Back-up alarm, Rear work lights, External mirrors, Auto cruise
    60HD broom. 366 Blade, 59 blower, i-Match
    Looking for: Rear Wheel Weight Set

Stuff for Sale:
    New 200CX/H130 Masts 25/2720-2032R
    New Jamison Bryce adapter, cart and chute

“Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself” Mark Twain

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    06-25-2019 @ 10:34 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goodworkstractors View Post
    Just a few random thoughts...

What dealers do you have close to you for service/parts?

Have you sat in either? I've never sat in a cab Mahindra, but the JD is plush, fit and finish is top notch IMO.

How do the specs stack up?

Personally, I want equipment I purchase to hold resale value. Each will take their initial depreciation, but I've found Mahindra's to drop very, very quickly in value while JD has always led the pack at retaining value.

Good luck on your search!

Edit: dieselshadow was a little more direct than I, haha

I sat in both. My reasoning for not going with the Mahindra was the video posted above.

However, in terms of fit and finish:

3033R > Mahindra > 3025e

If I were OP, I'd consider a Titetek cab on his actual tractor.
    Last edited by firemachine69; 01-27-2018 at 12:21 PM.
    etcallhome, DRobinson and PJR832 like this.
    JD 2520 MCUT (SOLD)

Looking for a 3xx or 4xx restoration project (at a good price)

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    10-16-2018 @ 08:44 AM
    Thanks
    Before I purchased the 3520 I looked into a mahindra compact cab tractor. At the time I could purchase a brand new mahindra for close to the same money than the used JD's I was looking at. Perhaps they have changed but one of the determining factors that turned me away from the Mahindra model I was looking at was the location of the hydraulic filter. It literally was hanging by the hydraulic line at the rear of the tractor very close to the drawbar. I could vision myself smacking that filter against rocks, stumps, and what ever else having a few inches of height to it. The mahindra I was allowed to test thoroughly had plenty of power and the ease of use was rather nice but being that I have been around equipment my entire life I really had the feeling I was operating something horribly cheap. Cheap to the point I couldn't see myself paying the quoted cash "out the door" price that attracted me to it to begin with. The Mahindra dealer I was working with has since gone out of business. I don't really believe he went out of business because all Mahindra models are junk. I believe he went out of business due to the area being rural and most everyone is stuck with the mind set that if it isn't a prouduct from CNH, JD, Kubota, or MF then it isn't worth having. Over the past several years Kioti compact tractors have become somewhat common in the area and for good reason, they are tough freakin tractors. I completely understand wanting a cab tractor and spent a great deal of time looking around into different makes/models when I decided I wanted a cab. In my honest opinion I would look into other brands and consider used machines to save some bucks if needed. I personally would be more interested in Yanmar, Kioti, and LS tractors as options for new machines in order to save a few dollars from the MSRP's that come with tractors sporting badges of the red, blue, green, and orange machines over a Mahindra.
    etcallhome and PJR832 like this.
    3520 (cab, eHydro, R1's, 300x fel, forks, grapple) Frontier 5' cutter, 7' Tufline disk, 6' Gill pulverizer, 6' box blade, 6' rear blade, TSC post auger, 6' Woods rfm, 8' JD rotary hoe, 8' Brillion cultipacker, 6' field cultivator, Tarter spreader, Fimco 3 point sprayer, subsoiler, ken's bolt on hooks & clevis, JD Z920 ZTR

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:40 PM
    Thanks
    If I wanted to save thousands on my dream tractor and couldn't find used with the options I want in the timeline I need, then I would seriously look at the Kioti NX series. They have a type of Ehydro, great loader capacity, and pretty good reputation. Although you will have to sacrifice a little refinement for those thousands, the kioti would be a safe bet.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    ky_shawn and PJR832 like this.
    '11 1026R

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements