Green Tractor Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rural King Tractors

47K views 45 replies 21 participants last post by  flyweight 
#1 ·
Sorry if this is old news, I didnt se much in the search. I had no idea.

Who makes the tractor?
Our tractors are made by Tong Yang Moolsan, the largest tractor manufacturer in Korea, at their new, ISO 9001 certified factory. All tractors in these HP ranges sold in the U.S. originate from outside the U.S, including those of all the leading brands. The 3-pt. implements are all made right here in the U.S. by King Kutter, and the tires & wheels are made by Midwest-based Titan International, the world’s leading provider of high quality agriculture tires & wheels, and industry-leading Carlstar Group of Tennessee, long-respected for their cutting-edge technology and product performance.
RK Tractors

https://www.ruralking.com/rk-tractor-faq

#2 ·
#7 ·
:good2:
ur buddy on u-tube -out doors with the Morgans-just showed his new additions i watched last evening. 3 tractors and a bunch of attachments he's getting from Rural King to try out for 2 yrs on his channel.

i told him u don't have a cab yet-he showed the TLB-one tonight-a pedals on the floor like our deere has. and a full cab, heat, air, am-fm radio-wipers-i mean everything on it.

#5 ·
TYM makes (or has made) lots of tractors under a bunch of different brands. Most recently, they were building tractors for the Cabela's brand. Apparently Cabela's couldn't sell enough of them top make it worthwhile and they've gotten out of the tractor business.

#6 ·
#9 ·
I remember the last time Rural King sold tractors. They were appalachian yard art from the get go. Neighbor bought one. Broke every time he used it. It just got left were it broke till he got someone to fix it.

TT, glad you stuck with Johnny.

#14 ·
Sorry if this is old news, I didnt se much in the search. I had no idea.

All tractors in these HP ranges sold in the U.S. originate from outside the U.S, including those of all the leading brands.

RK Tractors

https://www.ruralking.com/rk-tractor-faq
Or really?!!?!?!??!? I’m pretty sure I’ve seen posted here many many times that all the new R series SCUT’s, MCUT’s and possibly even the CUt’s from Deere are made and assembled in US plants, now mind you yes they do have Japanese engines (yanmar), transmissions (TuffTorq) and parts and castings sources globally but they are definitely not what this info from RK claims.....

#18 ·
Yanmar is the final Parent company of Tuff-Torqs Parent Company So Yanmar is making a killing either way :bigthumb:

#15 ·
JimR About the same as possible Branson, MF ,AC and possibly a couple other brands in the larger HP size.
Can't remember the brand I seen yesterday but it looks exactly like my neighbors MF 90-95hp except for different color and a few decals.

Biggest difference $$$$$, my friend told me there was no way he could have bought the MF he was looking at , somewhere around $20-25000 just so the hood had MF, he said no way. His is still Red same engine ,transmission ,everything the MF had. He was told (can't remember the # of brands) all came down the same assembly line and at the end of the line painted a different color or the painted items were done coming down the assembly line. :dunno:

#16 ·
It's interesting (or is to me anyways) to really take a look at the tractors we have available to us here in the US. When I was looking for a new/newer compact tractor and was asking questions I was told by a few folks to take a look at some used Bobcats a local dealer had. The Bobcats those folks was so fond of was produced by Daedong (Kioti) and although there is nothing at all wrong with a Kioti tractor IMO when I tried to explain to them that Bobcats was imported tractors with a name on the hood sporting Bobcat colors they basically looked at me as if I was a fool. It's very similar to MTD and riding mowers, design a tractor and tweak things as needed to manufacture what the customer is asking for. Anyways, it's interesting to take a close look into who makes what when your ready to make a tractor purchase. You don't have to look very far into something before you realize it might not be what you first thought it was.

#20 ·
Not to tough to figure out. "Our tractors are made by Tong Yang Moolsan...". "Tong Yang Moolsan" = TYM. :laugh:

#27 ·
i've supported him way back when his subs was way down, some things i like, other's IDK for sure,, but hey that's what makes the world go around-right:laugh:

i didn't know he was in my state also. learn something new everyday. :good2:

Reactions: rtgt
#29 · (Edited)
Looked at some of these tractors. They looked to be well made and bang for the buck.
Recall I noted two issues. Maybe this has changed (I would hope so). Don't recall the make (it was not RK) but
The only local dealer was operating out of a trailer on a car lot. Makes you wonder about Dealer turnover? And if he folds where to go for service or warranty work?
There was no online parts source. Looked like parts could only be had by direct contact with the local dealer. Therefore no way to check FMV of parts?

Would imagine when the Dealer networks gets established this will correct itself?

#31 ·
Noted.

Finally got a RK close to me I kinda poked around their tractors. Seemed OK, nothing fancy on the SCUT sized ones, but the prices were enough to take a closer look.

If I had to choose between Orange or Red, an RK tractor would be a tough three-way battle.

Had that familiar Yanmar sound, but a bit more treble, not as "grunty" if that's the right word. I wouldn't be afraid to order one, if I was mechanically inclined. Parts should be pretty easy to source. Don't know if they will do JD type "demos" on your property of if you can get a loaner if your primary tractor is on the shop. Anybody got videos of Korean farmers on one of these things?

Reactions: BigJim55
#33 ·
i was watching some u-tube late the other night, and jeepers the amount of videos for these tractors is starting to gain ground for sure. i really want to see where they are at in 5 yrs now the road.:dunno:

#42 ·
Interesting never saw those at the Cabela's up here in the mid west:bigthumb:

Reactions: ky_shawn and Bubber
#45 ·
I don't know Tim personally but based on what I've seen on this forum and his videos with his family, he's a stand up guy. I personally see nothing wrong with his comment. The only specific details shared came from you, not Tim. Tim declined to expand on an innocuous comment which further proves his level of integrity on this issue. I watched the video that Mr. Morgan made introducing your products and ill admit I was impressed with the features. That said, creating an account on a John Deere forum to publicly air your private personal issues with a member was in my opinion done in bad taste and doesn't speak highly of your business model. I also read your intro today and consider it unrealistic to police every tractor forum looking for perceived misinformation or negative experiences or opinions. I think you did your brand a disservice today sir. I wish you the best.

#46 ·
I think Tim is truly honest in his statement. I'm also certain things were discussed and it didn't work out for either party.

YOU, did not need to register, and comment for the sole purpose of slamming a good person. I feel your action here is off base, and I would not want to do business with someone of your character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.